Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

However, if true, it just once again reiterates the point that MSU and Ole Miss attract very very different types of people and players.
Generally, I agree with you. I believe Chris Jones is one of the "types" you speak of that we attract. But, if the stories I read are true, if it weren't for his mother he would be at Ole Miss. I don't believe this is a reflection of Chris Jones' character. I just think that when you are a highly prized recruit things are going to be put in front of you that can cloud your judgement.

I always thought CJ Johnson was a prototypical MSU type of football player and I still think he is and would be happier and more successful at State. Unfortunately, his judgement was clouded by everything being thrown his way. I don't think you can blame him, though. If we're honest with ourselves, each of us can be swayed to a certain degree by money, gifts, etc... I think if anyone is to blame, regardless of which side they are on, it's the bagmen. They are the ones putting these kids at risk. Sadly, for CJ, it is looking like he may have to pay a price for his decision.