Page 81 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2284

Thread: Recruiting 2017

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like things might be trending for the good guys with Rhodes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    And where was this poster posting?
    http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/l...ting/68303869/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    What did everyone expect WG to say.? "My visit to LSU sucks."
    Everyone RELAX. It will be all good come NSD.
    "My final 2 are LSU and MSU"....or, "my final 3 are LSU, Michigan, & MSU"....or, "my final 100 are _________________ and MSU". Everyone expected him to include MSU.

What does he have to gain by leaving MSU out? Is he ashamed of saying MSU? If so, why would he choose us? Is he trying to build drama? If so, wouldn't including us still build drama? Also, if these kids leaving us out of their finalist lists or committing to other teams & then decommitting is some strategy to build drama, our coaches need to inform them that they're only hurting our chances at a few other top recruits gaining interest in MSU by them leaving us out or never mentioning us or waiting to commit. See Kylin Hill & how he's trying to help add talent around him....Gay could/should be doing the same if you guys are right & he is coming to State (which I will believe when I see it).

It's just that everything about our recruiting is simply out of sync...even with the good ones we actually get, we fail to capitalize on their commitment like most schools do. It's aggravating and we seem to be doing nothing to fix it. Same shit every year.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I will say though that Leo let it be known we were in it. Again though, Brennan or lsu writers could be changing willie's quote up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    "My final 2 are LSU and MSU"....or, "my final 3 are LSU, Michigan, & MSU"....or, "my final 100 are _________________ and MSU". Everyone expected him to include MSU.

What does he have to gain by leaving MSU out? Is he ashamed of saying MSU? If so, why would he choose us? Is he trying to build drama? If so, wouldn't including us still build drama? Also, if these kids leaving us out of their finalist lists or committing to other teams & then decommitting is some strategy to build drama, our coaches need to inform them that they're only hurting our chances at a few other top recruits gaining interest in MSU by them leaving us out or never mentioning us or waiting to commit. See Kylin Hill & how he's trying to help add talent around him....Gay could/should be doing the same if you guys are right & he is coming to State (which I will believe when I see it).

It's just that everything about our recruiting is simply out of sync...even with the good ones we actually get, we fail to capitalize on their commitment like most schools do. It's aggravating and we seem to be doing nothing to fix it. Same shit every year.
    My thoughts exactly. Is it somehow just not cool for a top recruit to mention that MSU is among his favorites?

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Looks like things might be trending for the good guys with Rhodes.
    I just read Steve's article on scout about his visit, and I'm impressed with this kid. He is at a much needed position, appears very intelligent, and was blown away on his visit... we better be in a full-court press with this kid now! He'd be a YUUUGE addition to this class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Is it somehow just not cool for a top recruit to mention that MSU is among his favorites?
    Definitely appears that way. Also appears that if they visit anywhere after us, we usually don't get them. Do we even ask them for a commitment before they leave? Everybody else does apparently. Terrible closers...could you imagine making a sales pitch for a product you're selling and then saying "well look, just think about it and call me if you want to buy from me"? Heeeeell no, you ask for a commitment to purchase RIGHT THEN while their interest is at an all time high. We need a sales person to talk to our staff or something. This shit gets old

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    if I begin to melt over a third hand quote of a fourth hand quote somebody convince me to check out til february. leaving br uncommitted has to be considered a win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    if I begin to melt over a third hand quote of a fourth hand quote somebody convince me to check out til february. leaving br uncommitted has to be considered a win.
    I agree, and I think we may very well get Gay...I'm just complaining about our overall lack of good execution when it comes to recruiting in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

I think we need a mix of Kylin Hill's and Leo Lewis. I think we need a few of the talented guys like Hill that are the "leaders" of the class and talk up MSU and help recruit guys. Dan likes to make a big deal out of the commitments at BDC which I think is great and he should keep doing that. Players like Hill that sign early are also good for making a splash in December which I anticipate will be the case when they approve an early NSD. What I would like to see us do much more often is have coordinated hat ceremonies for our prospects that go to the National All-Star Games like the Army AA and UA Game. Even if it's planned and us more connected message board warrior fans know it's coming I think it does help with overall momentum because fans see that on TV and get excited about it. It also makes a statement to the guys that write for the National Recruiting Web Sites when they see all of those MSU hats on the table and players choosing us because I think that may cause them to write more positive stories about MSU and they may look at and rate some of our players higher which also helps with perception. I think Ole Miss is good at that and I think that is part of the reason why they got a lot of pub for some of their recent classes. Dan doesn't seem to want to fool with that. I think it would also lessen some of the fall out from the "drops" later in the process although it does appear as if we are second in the SEC in decommits right now which I think is part of what you are talking about. We have also gotten a few commits late in the process on NSD like Leo, Chris Jones, and Simmons and I think we should keep doing that as well.

Basically they need to do more to make a splash between the second week of December and NSD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think we need a mix of Kylin Hill's and Leo Lewis. I think we need a few of the talented guys like Hill that are the "leaders" of the class and talk up MSU and help recruit guys. Dan likes to make a big deal out of the commitments at BDC which I think is great and he should keep doing that. Players like Hill that sign early are also good for making a splash in December which I anticipate will be the case when they approve an early NSD. What I would like to see us do much more often is have coordinated hat ceremonies for our prospects that go to the National All-Star Games like the Army AA and UA Game. Even if it's planned and us more connected message board warrior fans know it's coming I think it does help with overall momentum because fans see that on TV and get excited about it. It also makes a statement to the guys that write for the National Recruiting Web Sites when they see all of those MSU hats on the table and players choosing us because I think that may cause them to write more positive stories about MSU and they may look at and rate some of our players higher which also helps with perception. I think Ole Miss is good at that and I think that is part of the reason why they got a lot of pub for some of their recent classes. Dan doesn't seem to want to fool with that. I think it would also lessen some of the fall out from the "drops" later in the process although it does appear as if we are second in the SEC in decommits right now which I think is part of what you are talking about. We have also gotten a few commits late in the process on NSD like Leo, Chris Jones, and Simmons and I think we should keep doing that as well.

Basically they need to do more to make a splash between the second week of December and NSD.
    Dan Mullen is a very good football coach but he and a lot of our staff truly fail at salesmanship. But it all flows from the top. Seriously, if you took Dan away from football coaching and put him running a car dealership, the whole enterprise would go belly up in less than a year.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Let's see how the story ends before we say that the book sucks.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    I get why the message board narrative of Dan being a bad recruiter gets beat to death. I do. But other then OL, I don't see an area where we have underachieved. Some say received right now but if Todd and Couch produce on the field like practice that is wrong too. I will give you two examples of where I see Dan overachieved no matter what the narrative says.

1. Nick Fitzgerald- the day this kid committed, a lot of us, myself included, said "who". At Big Dawg camp that year I saw a raw athlete with a big arm. No if we all be honest here, at this point in his career he is ahead of Dak. Yes he has a ways to go but he is now. I haven't personally witnessed a runner at this position this talented since Don Smith. Dan saw something in him that not many did and I don't see one QB in the SEC I would trade Fitz for head up. Let's just hope he works as hard this offseason as Dak always did.

2. AJ Brown- I don't think Dan was ever that interested for a couple of reasons. I said his entire senior season he was an incredible athlete with limited receiver skills and this season at Ole Miss didn't change my opinion. Everyone had to have the kid but even his coaches at SHS told me he was a head case with a bad attitude and a very high opinion of himself. He could be one of the best receivers in the SEC but unless his attitude changes he will be a flop. And playing with that crybaby qb he has it's not gonna improve. This was one of dans best recruiting jobs and most don't even realize it. When the NCAA is through at Ole Miss. you will see why

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    I get why the message board narrative of Dan being a bad recruiter gets beat to death. I do. But other then OL, I don't see an area where we have underachieved. Some say received right now but if Todd and Couch produce on the field like practice that is wrong too. I will give you two examples of where I see Dan overachieved no matter what the narrative says.

1. Nick Fitzgerald- the day this kid committed, a lot of us, myself included, said "who". At Big Dawg camp that year I saw a raw athlete with a big arm. No if we all be honest here, at this point in his career he is ahead of Dak. Yes he has a ways to go but he is now. I haven't personally witnessed a runner at this position this talented since Don Smith. Dan saw something in him that not many did and I don't see one QB in the SEC I would trade Fitz for head up. Let's just hope he works as hard this offseason as Dak always did.

2. AJ Brown- I don't think Dan was ever that interested for a couple of reasons. I said his entire senior season he was an incredible athlete with limited receiver skills and this season at Ole Miss didn't change my opinion. Everyone had to have the kid but even his coaches at SHS told me he was a head case with a bad attitude and a very high opinion of himself. He could be one of the best receivers in the SEC but unless his attitude changes he will be a flop. And playing with that crybaby qb he has it's not gonna improve. This was one of dans best recruiting jobs and most don't even realize it. When the NCAA is through at Ole Miss. you will see why
    Evaluating high school talent and projecting it to the college level is as much of an inexact science as evaluating college talent and projecting it to the NFL level is. The fact of the matter is, this coaching staff does a pretty damn good job (better than most) when it comes to actually evaluating the talent it recruits and how that talent projects to the college level. Look at the 2011 class. That class was rated 35th in the country, but it produced Dak Prescott, Bernardrick McKinney, Taveze Calhoun, Justin Malone, Josh Robinson, Darius Slay, and Preston Smith.

vCash
    I see that Paul Jones and Robbie Faulk have changed their CB's to MSU for Bowie.

vCash
    Bulovas just decommited from Georgia Tech.

vCash
    Thank goodness. Dude is our kicker next year.

vCash
    Yes sir!!! https://twitter.com/JosephBulovas9/s...81287046909959

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Rosebowl still thinks Bowie goes to ole miss