Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2284

Thread: Recruiting 2017

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    don't get your hopes up. Might want to warm up to Braylon Sanders.
    Braylon is a good player he's nothing to sneeze at. 6'1" 185lbs with good speed & good hands.

vCash
    We are more likely to land Braylon than Willie Gay on a visit. Willie visits LSU on the 20th and that's a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We are more likely to land Braylon than Willie Gay on a visit. Willie visits LSU on the 20th and that's a problem.
    Gay visits us next weekend with most of our instate guys and commits. That is the better date for him to be on campus with us. He was always going to take visits and already has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Braylon is a good player he's nothing to sneeze at. 6'1" 185lbs with good speed & good hands.
    Yea, SR on his show kind of downplayed any chance for MSU to pull McMath or Bowie. Sounded like Sanders is the much more likely candidate of the 3 to become an MSU Bulldog.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 01-07-2017 at 08:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Gay visits us next weekend with most of our instate guys and commits. That is the better date for him to be on campus with us. He was always going to take visits and already has.
    Gotta list of next week's visitors?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    "(That report) is kind of accurate,? Gay revealed. ?I know they were already down bad at the linebacker position. The players they've got on their team, they're not really too good right now. They just had a decommitment, the other day, I forgot the guys name, Monty Rice or something like that? Him decommitting just leaves me an opportunity."
    "Really all of my schools are even. LSU has probably got a little bit high, a little bit. I don't know where I'm going to go yet but LSU has moved up a little bit higher."

Do those comments sound better? From just the other day on Scout.
    Sounds like LSU is a bit of a leader. Sounds like no one really knows where he will go, Just like no one knew where Lashley, Brown, Avery, and Jeff Simmons were going to go. Hopefully we don't let 2 elite SHS prospects get away in 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Sounds like LSU is a bit of a leader. Sounds like no one really knows where he will go, Just like no one knew where Lashley, Brown, Avery, and Jeff Simmons were going to go. Hopefully we don't let 2 elite SHS prospects get away in 2 years.
    Here's my advice: Recruiting interviews are useless. Time & time again, it's been shown that they mean nothing.

Actions & the opinions on insiders mean more. Listen to Ari, Rando, I seen it, IYOK, etc....

Cam Akers never took a visit to Ole Miss. AJ Brown never took a visit to MSU. Again, actions speak louder than words. Willie Gay has been going to MSU's practices all year, has a good friend on the team, & by all indications, has his head screwed on right.

LSU is certainly enticing. It was also extremely enticing to Leo Lewis, Jamal Peters, etc..... Listen to insiders & watch actions. Do not pay attention to recruiting interviews & try to break down what the recruit is saying. They are meaningless
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, SR on his show kind of downplayed any chance for MSU to pull McMath or Bowie. Sounded like Sanders is the much more likely candidate of the 3 to become an MSU Bulldog.
    If you're handicapping the odds of the 3 then Braylon is the front runner. I wouldn't say we lead for Racey or DD but if you get them in on an OV & you take your chances.

vCash
    If you're handicapping the odds of the 3 then Braylon is the front runner. I wouldn't say we lead for Racey or DD but if you get them in on an OV & you take your chances.
    If Braylon is the favorite of that group, what's the % of landing him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If Braylon is the favorite of that group, what's the % of landing him?
    75%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Here's my advice: Recruiting interviews are useless. Time & time again, it's been shown that they mean nothing.

Actions & the opinions on insiders mean more. Listen to Ari, Rando, I seen it, IYOK, etc....

Cam Akers never took a visit to Ole Miss. AJ Brown never took a visit to MSU. Again, actions speak louder than words. Willie Gay has been going to MSU's practices all year, has a good friend on the team, & by all indications, has his head screwed on right.

LSU is certainly enticing. It was also extremely enticing to Leo Lewis, Jamal Peters, etc..... Listen to insiders & watch actions. Do not pay attention to recruiting interviews & try to break down what the recruit is saying. They are meaningless
    The flip side is CJ Avery spent a lot of time on campus didn't he?

But I agree with your overall premise. I'm actually expecting Willie to sign with LSU. At least that way I don't get my hopes up.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I never said he wasn't good. We just have a better shot at him than McMath
    No Signature

vCash
    McMath isn't even visiting us is he? I thought he had LSU and A&M lined up the next 2 weekends.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

I'm not just reading the article. I'm also looking at the recent crystal ball predictions from people like Barton Simmons. I appreciate people giving info here and hope I'm not coming off like I don't. It's just concerning when people well respected like Barton Simmons make those type predictions. We need Gay really really bad and hopefully it will work out for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    The flip side is CJ Avery spent a lot of time on campus didn't he?

But I agree with your overall premise. I'm actually expecting Willie to sign with LSU. At least that way I don't get my hopes up.
    Yeah, I can't explain CJ. That's an extremely odd decision.

As for your strategy of expecting Willie to sign with LSU, I understand why MSU feel that way, but I just wish that feeling would go away. I often do the same thing, but it feels like that kind of thinking lowers the expectations & ultimately the ceiling of our program.

I would rather expect to sign Willie, AJ, Lashley, etc.. & then be irate afterwards if we don't. That way people will be held accountable for failures & the program can move forward. I just don't see how things can move forward if everyone is always expecting bad things to happen.

I certainly get it the feeling. Just my two cents.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Yeah, I can't explain CJ. That's an extremely odd decision.

As for your strategy of expecting Willie to sign with LSU, I understand why MSU feel that way, but I just wish that feeling would go away. I often do the same thing, but it feels like that kind of thinking lowers the expectations & ultimately the ceiling of our program.

I would rather expect to sign Willie, AJ, Lashley, etc.. & then be irate afterwards if we don't. That way people will be held accountable for failures & the program can move forward. I just don't see how things can move forward if everyone is always expecting bad things to happen.

I certainly get it the feeling. Just my two cents.
    Well I tried the other way when we lost AJ & Lashley, but nothing changed. So I'm going the other route, ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    McMath isn't even visiting us is he? I thought he had LSU and A&M lined up the next 2 weekends.
    I expect him to OV. May be 1/27

vCash
    I expect him to OV. May be 1/27
    Hope so, we don't typically have a lot of success that last weekend. Our big in-state is next weekend, our out of state is the next weekend when he will be at A&M, so 1/27 will be a very small group if at all. And at that point he will know if he has a firm LSU offer.

vCash
    Are there WRs to keep an eye on with lsu that can help us with mcmath?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta list of next week's visitors?
    Hill, Gay, Odom, Hunt, Suggs, Stephen Guidry, maybe Day the punter but he may come the same weekend as Buvilos the kicker, we will see if Bowie shows up but it is tentative for the 13th weekend. As always additions and subtraction will be fluid