Page 61 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2284

Thread: Recruiting 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Why the heck would we listen to Dandy fricking Don?
    No idea who even is. Just figured if he's dandy, then he's worth listening to haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Biscuiteater's post on sps...

"Yeah, and LSU is becoming desperate to sign a couple of LBs. They lose 2 SRs, have 0 commits, signed 0 two years ago & only 1 LB last year. They have made Willie Gay their #1 target. Summary from LSU's Dandy Don for those interested ..

LSU?s recruiting class suffered a blow yesterday when inside linebacker Monty Rice flipped from LSU to Georgia. Even before this happened, linebacker was LSU?s biggest remaining position of need in this year?s class with only outside linebacker Patrick Queen on board. Now, with Rice (6-1, 227, Madison, Ala.) set to enroll at Georgia this week, the need becomes even greater, especially at inside linebacker where LSU has no current commitments at all and will be without seniors Kendell Beckwith and Duke Riley this coming season. LSU?s trouble recruiting linebackers is nothing new, as last year LSU signed only one, and the year before signed none.

Shortly after the news broke of Rice?s de-commitment, it quickly traveled to San Antonio, Texas, where it was well-received by linebacker Willie Gay at the US Army Team East All-Stars practice. According to Jesse Simonton of SEC Country, Gay responded with, ?Did they have a linebacker de-commit today? Well tell them Willie Gay is on his way.? He went on to explain, ?With Coach Aranda, I?m going to get developed. The swagger. The family. The feeling. I just like the way they play football.? The article also says that Gay immediately encouraged Oklahoma linebacker commit Jacob Phillips, a top Tigers target, to join him at LSU."

I really hope that last line isn't true
    That Monty Rice kid isn't even on the same planet in regards to talent as Gay. I don't even think Gay knew who he was. That should tell you something. There are about 50 better LBs in the country that LSU could go after. One is in their backyard and committed to Ole Miss. Seems to me as if he is just having a little fun in San Antonio, and this was a good opportunity for manufactured drama.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    That Monty Rice kid isn't even on the same planet in regards to talent as Gay. I don't even think Gay knew who he was. That should tell you something. There are about 50 better LBs in the country that LSU could go after. One is in their backyard and committed to Ole Miss. Seems to me as if he is just having a little fun in San Antonio, and this was a good opportunity for manufactured drama.
    I understand what your point is but there aren't close to 50 better LB. May not be 10. Also Clarke can't hold a candle to Willie.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I understand what your point is but there aren't close to 50 better LB. May not be 10. Also Clarke can't hold a candle to Willie.
    Percentage we get gay?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Percentage we get gay?
    Zero for me*

vCash
    Percentage we get gay?
    Higher than LSU.

Banned
    vCash
    Percentage we get gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Higher than LSU.
    I don't know about that...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DJP6KH3ZOo8

vCash
    Percentage we get gay?
    70%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    RELAX

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I am talking about better than Rice. My point is I doubt a 5 star quality player like Gay is going to let someone like Rice affect his college decision.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Zero for me*
    I lol'd

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    RELAX
    I'm guessing that joke went over your head (or you didn't click the link)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    I am talking about better than Rice. My point is I doubt a 5 star quality player like Gay is going to let someone like Rice affect his college decision.
    My bad totally mis-read that.

vCash
    Percentage we get gay?
    With no maroon glasses, I'd say 60%

vCash
    AG
    ‏@raceymcmath

My Top 3 Schools
    1) Texas A&M
    2) LSU
    3) Mississippi State

Would love to land him

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Last year we were supposed to relax about AJ and Lashley. Gay May or may not come to state but those comments don't look good. We will find out in a couple of weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Last year we were supposed to relax about AJ and Lashley. Gay May or may not come to state but those comments don't look good. We will find out in a couple of weeks.
    "(That report) is kind of accurate,” Gay revealed. “I know they were already down bad at the linebacker position. The players they've got on their team, they're not really too good right now. They just had a decommitment, the other day, I forgot the guys name, Monty Rice or something like that? Him decommitting just leaves me an opportunity."
    "Really all of my schools are even. LSU has probably got a little bit high, a little bit. I don't know where I'm going to go yet but LSU has moved up a little bit higher."

Do those comments sound better? From just the other day on Scout.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    don't get your hopes up. Might want to warm up to Braylon Sanders.
    No Signature

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm going 85%
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    don't get your hopes up. Might want to warm up to Braylon Sanders.
    McMath?