Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Hope we don't forget we have a good QB committed. Not sure if he's the prima donna type like AJ but we need to keep him.
    When I heard cam Cameron was leaving lsu, I thought of Thompson. I don't want lsu to hire a good spread OC before we sign Thompson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Man you guys are depressing me.
    Ha! I hear you. I wasn't satisfied with losing Lashley then hearing AJ's comments, but I'm relaxed about 2017. We'll get Willie Gay (#1 defensive player in the state) and Kylin Hill (#1 actual running back in the state). Not to mention a 4* qb whose going to bring a 4* db with him. We're good for 2017.

vCash
    We just offered Mason at Noxubee. WR that has a chance to blow up this summer. We have a good shot with him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We just offered Mason at Noxubee. WR that has a chance to blow up this summer. We have a good shot with him
    Forgot about this one.... We won't be his last offer.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    This is a bit off topic and I didn't want to start a new thread in case there was nothing to it, but is there anything to the rumors that we're hiring a current high school HC for our off the field recruiting spot?

vCash
    Delete that post Dawg Ex please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Justin Gibbs and Monterio Hunt are 2 that come to mind. DD Bowie is a good one but he's been taken. Hope he enjoys averaging 1 reception a game with all of the receivers they have. I still think there will be some Treadwell temper tantrums next year because some players aren't getting the ball enough.
    This is the rare time where I actually have some info, and it's out of left field...but Gibbs actually told me directly that we're recruiting him harder than anybody but that he wants Tennessee to offer.

vCash
    Give some time for T Buck and Sirmon to work on some of these kids. Even the ones that seem locks for Ole Miss at this time, anything can happen in an entire year

vCash
    Amen you would've thought we had back to back 0-12 seasons!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That's so frustrating to me. Already behind the 8 ball before we even start. I wish we could find a way for this not to happen.

Same thing with Benito Jones, Metcalf, & Raekown Davis. Ridiculous

It is real simple on OM. Their coaches are great recruiters by making these kids feel like they are the greatest player that ever played. They tell them how great they are. Nothing is said about having to work hard or you will have to earn your postion, but they will start as a freshman. They just tell them everything they want to hear, and the Mom and apple pie stuff. Shea Patterson was also a recruiting boost for them by his committing early and his active recruiting to get some recruits' attention. Some players have connections to OM (Benito Jones for example) and others do not, but the ones who do, or grew up in an OM family are more times than not going to got to OM if they get the opportunity. OK, the coaches show them all this love, but the most highly rated players usually want a little more than the love. They want big bucks, and OM probably now has the largest pay scale for recruits and/or players in the NCAA. So if they want a certain player, then basically money is no object. And if you don't think most of these (not all as some have better moral value) high 4* and 5* don't want the big money to play for a school, then you just don't understand the recruiting game. If OM really wants a recruit and they have to play the money game to get him, then money is basicallly no object. Until the NCAA does something about this, they will continue to do this. Hopefully the NCAA will make an example concerning their investigation(s).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So let me get this straight, OM has already locked up 2 of the 3 best play makers in the state next year?

If so, how do we let this happen? Why do we let them throw the first punch most every time?

For some reason, you just don't understand how the OM Network and snake oil sales pitch to recruits works.

vCash
    Shit- you're depressing me telling me that Akers is already gone.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    A couple of Juco kids I was told about tonight to keep an eye for MSU next cycle are DB KT McCollin of Northwest and WR Ralph Leonard at East MS. Both would be EE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    A couple of Juco kids I was told about tonight to keep an eye for MSU next cycle are DB KT McCollin of Northwest and WR Ralph Leonard at East MS. Both would be EE
    This is great news IMO. Mullen has abandoned a great pipeline with juco's in our backyards. Regardless of what people think there is still tons of talent there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    This is great news IMO. Mullen has abandoned a great pipeline with juco's in our backyards. Regardless of what people think there is still tons of talent there.
    With the new NCAA acceptance rules on academics, those pipelines are about to be infinitely more stocked than they have been in a very long time...

vCash
    I guess we should just fold up shop and start the 2018 thread now, because 2017 is over****

This year, out of state recruiting will be crucial. Both MSU and the bears will have big classes. Probably both will sign over 30. There are probably at most 20 SEC kids in the 2017 class. Its deeper than this past year, but does not have any top 100 players other than the ones discussed above. Im not sure Bowie is a top 100 player, Gay is probably close, Hill the same. Akers will probably be a top 50 player, but I think that is more of reputation than production. Avery will be top 100-200. After those guys, there is a drop off. Still some kids that can develop, there are a lot of players like Kaderrion Mason - guys we offer early, but don't go hard after because we don't think he is an SEC player.

My biggest concern is that Im not hearing much in the way of DL in the 2017 class. There are a few OL, but once again - no sure fire top 100 OT's that could come in and compete.

We need to hit AL, GA and LA extremely hard. I really hope its LA. LSU is leaving 20-30 SEC players up for grabs in their state every year. I was hoping we would land a recruiter with that last coaching spot with LA ties, but maybe he helps us in TX.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    This is a bit off topic and I didn't want to start a new thread in case there was nothing to it, but is there anything to the rumors that we're hiring a current high school HC for our off the field recruiting spot?
    That is the rumor, very smart move the staff. Makes me think that Mullen is ready to step up in 2017.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    That is the rumor, very smart move the staff. Makes me think that Mullen is ready to step up in 2017.
    Brad Peterson would be a HR. Gonna have to pay him though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I guess we should just fold up shop and start the 2018 thread now, because 2017 is over****

This year, out of state recruiting will be crucial. Both MSU and the bears will have big classes. Probably both will sign over 30. There are probably at most 20 SEC kids in the 2017 class. Its deeper than this past year, but does not have any top 100 players other than the ones discussed above. Im not sure Bowie is a top 100 player, Gay is probably close, Hill the same. Akers will probably be a top 50 player, but I think that is more of reputation than production. Avery will be top 100-200. After those guys, there is a drop off. Still some kids that can develop, there are a lot of players like Kaderrion Mason - guys we offer early, but don't go hard after because we don't think he is an SEC player.

My biggest concern is that Im not hearing much in the way of DL in the 2017 class. There are a few OL, but once again - no sure fire top 100 OT's that could come in and compete.

We need to hit AL, GA and LA extremely hard. I really hope its LA. LSU is leaving 20-30 SEC players up for grabs in their state every year. I was hoping we would land a recruiter with that last coaching spot with LA ties, but maybe he helps us in TX.
    Yup gonna have to go national this year. Most important class in MSU history

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    RL transferring backing home from UFI I think.. So he will for sure be a EE..