Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting 2017

vCash
    We're gonna need some WRs bad in this next class. Is there anybody we're looking at?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    Is CJ Avery related to the LB Avery from Memphis that wants to transfer to OM to be closer to his sick mother? He's also from Grenada.
    They are first cousins I believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    Is CJ Avery related to the LB Avery from Memphis that wants to transfer to OM to be closer to his sick mother? He's also from Grenada.
    I think Cam Akers to OM would entice Avery more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    We're gonna need some WRs bad in this next class. Is there anybody we're looking at?
    Justin Gibbs and Monterio Hunt are 2 that come to mind. DD Bowie is a good one but he's been taken. Hope he enjoys averaging 1 reception a game with all of the receivers they have. I still think there will be some Treadwell temper tantrums next year because some players aren't getting the ball enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Justin Gibbs and Monterio Hunt are 2 that come to mind. DD Bowie is a good one but he's been taken. Hope he enjoys averaging 1 reception a game with all of the receivers they have. I still think there will be some Treadwell temper tantrums next year because some players aren't getting the ball enough.
    I could almost guarantee you will see a highly rated wr transfer from there this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    So let me get this straight, OM has already locked up 2 of the 3 best play makers in the state next year?

If so, how do we let this happen? Why do we let them throw the first punch most every time?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So let me get this straight, OM has already locked up 2 of the 3 best play makers in the state next year?

If so, how do we let this happen? Why do we let them throw the first punch most every time?
    I don't see Bowie being an SEC WR. DB yes he can be a very good 1. They'll sell him on playing WR then move him to defense when he gets there.

vCash

You act surprised. The only thing that is gonna slow that train down is the NCAA and I'm not holding my breathe on that

vCash
    OM could very well screw it up again, as much as I hate to say it. We also need good coaches to stay on board and not bolt, for once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    OM.. Think Benito Jones
    What a disaster. Clinton has always been a stronghold, yet now bc we refuse to pony up Ole Miss has the best players locked up before every recruiting cycle. We're officially on an uneven playing field. And it's our own fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    What a disaster. Clinton has always been a stronghold, yet now bc we refuse to pony up Ole Miss has the best players locked up before every recruiting cycle. We're officially on an uneven playing field. And it's our own fault.
    I think we're getting the best player but just my opinion.

vCash

Dude.... It's way too early to start tantrums.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    That's the mentality that makes us lose out on these players. It's never too early. If you didn't learn that this year then I'm sorry you can't get that through your thick skull

vCash
    No I agree, but with a 35 spot class, both is what we should aim for. I agree Kylin is our #1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    That's the mentality that makes us lose out on these players. It's never too early. If you didn't learn that this year then I'm sorry you can't get that through your thick skull
    So if I melt on here daily, it'll help our recruiting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Disagree.

I thought it was too early to get upset last year when AJ Brown said he wanted out of Starkville & Lashley decommitted. See where that got us.

We need to get off to a fast start in this class & build momentum throughout. After the Sh** show we saw this year, it's never too early to apply pressure.

Of course, I'm sure we'll get off to a fast start, only to see Mullen apply for every open D1 job & screw us.

vCash
    We got the best player this year as well, but we need tons of good players. We must recruit nationally next year & get guys interested early. There aren't 35 players in the tri-state area that we can get that are SEC caliber.

The big wild card is Ole Miss' NCAA issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So if I melt on here daily, it'll help our recruiting?
    Take my statement as you wish. But you know exactly what I meant

vCash
    Man you guys are depressing me.

vCash
    Hope we don't forget we have a good QB committed. Not sure if he's the prima donna type like AJ but we need to keep him.