Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting 2017

vCash
    With the available scholarships, I wish Mullen would get creative for once and find a couple of studs that want to transfer for their 5th year. As opposed to giving it to the 5th string snapper (no offense to the 5th string snapper).

vCash
    It's really something to watch him play basketball. KCHS basketball coach is a good friend of mine and he run up and down all game. Dale more than keeps up in that fast paced game. The football coach, Coach Jones, is a great coach as well and has really aided his development.

vCash
    Who is not in the boat that we need in the boat to pull state guys to the boat?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We've offered 3 instate OL. Lavonte Epson OG from Washington School, Saahdiq Charles OG/OT from MRA, & John Dale OT from Kemper County.
    We're going to need a couple of JUCO tackles in a big way 2017. We need to be finding them already if we don't know who they are now. Get on the top 10 or 20 JUCO's regardless of where they are and stay on them.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    We're going to need a couple of JUCO tackles in a big way 2017. We need to be finding them already if we don't know who they are now. Get on the top 10 or 20 JUCO's regardless of where they are and stay on them.
    Well we already have 1 committed in Tommy Champion.

vCash
    Great stuff Engie.

2017 is the most important recruiting class in MSU history. We've got to hit a HR and Stricklin has to do everything in his power right now to ensure staff continuity. We simply can't afford any setbacks on the recruiting trail this year.

That being said, to sign 30+ SEC caliber players we are going to have to cast the widest net we've ever casted in recruiting. We are going to have go to California, the Mid-West, and every where else, along with protecting the home turf.

This staff has to be more aggressive than ever and start gaining those relationships now. Can't afford to screw this one up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    I have no sources at all but would bet highly on us landing Wille Gay Jr. And Kylin Hill
    Willie Gay and Kobe Jones are really good friends that want to play together at the next level. Also, Kylin Hill knows he's our premier back in the class. These guys may lock it down before summer. Brad Stewart, Cam White, J'Marick Woods, CJ Avery and Keldrick Carper may pull the trigger as well. Also, don't sleep on the Keyshawn Johnson / Sirmon relationship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Willie Gay and Kobe Jones are really good friends that want to play together at the next level. Also, Kylin Hill knows he's our premier back in the class. These guys may lock it down before summer. Brad Stewart, Cam White, J'Marick Woods, CJ Avery and Keldrick Carper may pull the trigger as well. Also, don't sleep on the Keyshawn Johnson / Sirmon relationship.
    Not to hijack the thread, but was anyone friends with AJ? Kobe seems extremely popular among the Starkville players and I think I heard back in August that Simmons and AJ didn't get along. I could be way off, but there may be a trend.

vCash
    Whoever got Kobe had a 99% chance of getting Willie Gay. They're that close.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Also, don't sleep on the Keyshawn Johnson / Sirmon relationship.
    That's really interesting because we already had contact with him before Sirmon arrived. I can't remember if it was an official visit or what, but I think he and his dad were on campus back in April 2015. I've seen it mentioned that Sirmon has a kid that is a talented LB, will he help recruit some of those west coast kids?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but was anyone friends with AJ? Kobe seems extremely popular among the Starkville players and I think I heard back in August that Simmons and AJ didn't get along. I could be way off, but there may be a trend.
    Well AJ seems like an arrogant little prick so I'm sure he does have problems with other players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    Nah, we prefer to let them commit somewhere else and then offer them 2 weeks from signing day like we did with Calhoun this year.

vCash
    What about WR? Seems like that's going to be a position of need in the 2017 class.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsCoach21 View Post
    What about WR? Seems like that's going to be a position of need in the 2017 class.
    Looks like we're getting a lot of interest from:
    Austin Williams
    Ocean Springs, MS (Ocean Springs)
    6' 3"

Justin Gibbs
    Augusta, GA (Aquinas)
    6'2"

I'm just guessing, but DD Bowie probably sticks with om after flipping from Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    If Coach 34 and the rest of the team liked the 2016 Recruiting thread, I'll be happy to create one for the 2017 class.
    Feel free to sticky this thread and edit it to whatever you want and the beginning. (I don't know if you're an admin and can do that)

vCash
    I know I'm about a page late but I really like the Epson kid from Washington school. Saw him play last year and was an absolute stud. A little raw but he has all the tools. I'm hoping the Simmons get can help us some with Bowie but not getting my hopes up. Could see us maybe stealing Cam Akers though. Think Leo Lewis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    I know I'm about a page late but I really like the Epson kid from Washington school. Saw him play last year and was an absolute stud. A little raw but he has all the tools. I'm hoping the Simmons get can help us some with Bowie but not getting my hopes up. Could see us maybe stealing Cam Akers though. Think Leo Lewis.
    Don't hold your breath on Bowie or Akers. They've been taken care of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Don't hold your breath on Bowie or Akers. They've been taken care of.
    That's so frustrating to me. Already behind the 8 ball before we even start. I wish we could find a way for this not to happen.

Same thing with Benito Jones, Metcalf, & Raekown Davis. Ridiculous

vCash
    Akers is a freak show, but I have heard recently that "he won't end up at bama". Now, I have no idea where he will end up but hearing it ultimately will not be bama. On Charles, are most teams now looking at him as an OL? I thought teams were looking at him as a DL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    Akers is a freak show, but I have heard recently that "he won't end up at bama". Now, I have no idea where he will end up but hearing it ultimately will not be bama. On Charles, are most teams now looking at him as an OL? I thought teams were looking at him as a DL.
    Akers won't be at MSU