Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2284

Thread: Recruiting 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Freeze must be doing work still.
    At some point we have to start looking in the mirror.

We just lost Odom and instead of cleaning up in state, and taking advantage of the Bears nuclear situation, we are scrambling to fill out our class.

Worst of all, he made Fancy look right about something, which hasn't happened in a decade.

I knew there was a reason I stepped away from this shit after the Arkansas game.

vCash
    The bad thing for this year is MS just didn't have a great class I don't think. Look at the list and tell me who you think becomes an all-SEC type? Akers is a stud and I really like Hill and Gay. But I just don't consider anybody else there a huge loss honestly. I actually like Tyler Williams better than a lot of those guys.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Foo...kings?State=MS

My question for the guys that know more is how good is Odom really? He seemed to be a tweener and that always worried me a touch.

Of course the real question is how much better is he than who we'll end up replacing him with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    The bad thing for this year is MS just didn't have a great class I don't think. Look at the list and tell me who you think becomes an all-SEC type? Akers is a stud and I really like Hill and Gay. But I just don't consider anybody else there a huge loss honestly. I actually like Tyler Williams better than a lot of those guys.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Foo...kings?State=MS

My question for the guys that know more is how good is Odom really? He seemed to be a tweener and that always worried me a touch.

Of course the real question is how much better is he than who we'll end up replacing him with.
    Odom is a player. Has the stats to prove. Likely a big loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    At some point we have to start looking in the mirror.

We just lost Odom and instead of cleaning up in state, and taking advantage of the Bears nuclear situation, we are scrambling to fill out our class.

Worst of all, he made Fancy look right about something, which hasn't happened in a decade.

I knew there was a reason I stepped away from this shit after the Arkansas game.
    As far as looking into the mirror, the common theme I am seeing over and over is "they (insert school here) just seemed to want me more." More than likely that's the problem from all of our staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As far as looking into the mirror, the common theme I am seeing over and over is "they (insert school here) just seemed to want me more." More than likely that's the problem from all of our staff.
    Not rocket science is it?

vCash
    Hurts more with Malik Heath than anytning..
    Thats the kid that's a must get

vCash
    Gay CB'd to lsu again. This time by AL.com. We're the only ones that feel we're getting gay. Is everyone else wrong or are we?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gay CB'd to lsu again. This time by AL.com. We're the only ones that feel we're getting gay. Is everyone else wrong or are we?
    With our track record on closing guys in Feb. why wouldn't some have him leaning elsewhere. Saying that I still as of right now think we land Willie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Hey bro stop drinking the kool-aid. Your starting to lose it.
    Am I still crazy? Lousville guys came out and said they had Odom. You don't do that without knowing something

vCash
    Am I still crazy? Lousville guys came out and said they had Odom. You don't do that without knowing something
    Lol, Ole Miss says that about everyone they're recruiting. You always get who you're supposed to get. Odom wanted to play as a true freshman. Lville is where that would happen. Good luck to him and Sirmon with all those freshmen on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    With our track record on closing guys in Feb. why wouldn't some have him leaning elsewhere. Saying that I still as of right now think we land Willie.
    I hope you're right. It's about got to willie gay or bust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

This will be (hopefully) the 3rd year in a row that it looks like the staff puts all their focus on 1 guy down the stretch. Leo, Simmons now Gay...again, hopefully.

vCash
    What the connection with Heath and Odom other than they go to the same school? Also do we have any more rationale on why Odom really flipped - was it just Sirmon and do we know if Grantham even talked to him?

There was some defensive commit (can't remember who) who said they haven't even talked to Grantham yet and that was about 4 days after he was hired. That shouldn't happen with anybody we really wanted. I can see giving Grantham a day to get his feet wet and have someone show him the tap on the commits, but everybody on the commit and high priority list should have hear from him within 48 hours max

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    There was some defensive commit (can't remember who) who said they haven't even talked to Grantham yet and that was about 4 days after he was hired. That shouldn't happen with anybody we really wanted. I can see giving Grantham a day to get his feet wet and have someone show him the tap on the commits, but everybody on the commit and high priority list should have hear from him within 48 hours max
    It was Tyler Dunning in 24/7 Biscuits on 1/17. Bizarre. Would to even take an hour to call ever commit and say hi.

vCash
    Not trying to excuse our staff by any means, but this idea that we were going to start cleaning house in-state once OM's name hit the mud was never going to actually happen. We may get 1 or 2 guys a year that they would have gotten otherwise for as long as they're under the NCAA's heel, but for the most part we attract different types of players. Most of the guys they would have gotten will be more attracted to out-of-state schools whose personalities and recruiting pitches are similar to OM's instead of just defaulting to us.
    Last edited by thf24; 01-19-2017 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    It was Tyler Dunning in 24/7 Biscuits on 1/17. Bizarre. Would to even take an hour to call ever commit and say hi.
    Makes me wonder if something similar happened with Odom and it turned him off while Sirmon may have been on him immediately and constantly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    It was also clarified that it didn't mean Grantham and Dunning had not texted or messaged each other.

vCash
    Anyone who feels confident about any recruit at this point (Gay or anyone else) leading up to signing day is just either really na?ve or really polyanna. Now we are having a significant problem holding on to current commits, much less adding new ones. Blinding flash of the obvious, but we are just not all that good at the recruiting thing. Just at DE/OLB we have now lost Odom and the guy from Miami, FL that signed with TN.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 01-19-2017 at 10:45 AM.

vCash
    We either have to change our recruiting pitch or I don't ever want to here "_____ to MSU" before Feb 3rd ever again on here. I can't fathom how a bunch of coaches with experience in tons of programs that actually CAN recruit, CAN'T recruit! I'm sick of excuses and how "so & so was a tweener anyway, no big loss"...bull shit. Bc any decent 4 star player is no more of a tweener than the nothing we will fill his spot with. We suck at recruiting, and until our pitch changes from "hard work, have to earn playing time"....nothing will change. These guys all know they won't just walk in & start since we aren't paying them the way others are...so tell them the good stuff &what they CAN do, and spare them the "IF you climb the depth chart by working hard and having a great practice the previous week, you MIGHT get a few snaps your Sophomore year AFTER you redshirt & learn playbooks & blocking schemes as a freshman." I wouldn't choose that horse shit either.

I'm not saying go all Ole Miss & promise the world with no work...but there is a happy medium, and you have to get them on campus first. When everyone else is preaching immediate playing time, league Championships, and college life...you can't be the lame asses preaching a military boot camp and think you're going to get anything but a few soldiers' kids. And it's great to have hard workers, but in college football...SEC football...you aren't winning at any type of high level without some talent
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 01-19-2017 at 11:08 AM.

vCash
    It's about got to willie gay or bust
    Yep and that's pathetic. We will probably add Sherman Timbs from Indianola too and that's about it.

My apologies to you for mocking you a bit yesterday for your recruiting freak outs. Mullen and Co are not good at recruiting. We will finish in the late 20s or 30s and that is unacceptable.