Page 71 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2284

Thread: Recruiting 2017

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I see where 247 shows on their timeline that the CB from Cali is visiting us and USC on the same weekend. I'm no recruiting expert, but I'll go out on a limb and say visiting both on the same weekend won't happen.
    He's visiting MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Big announcement on Friday, huh? His handle is deathvalley- diq, so I wouldn't get hopes up... probably getting a chest tattoo of Mike VI
    You're probably right, but why would he state he was making a "big" announcement? He is already committed to LSU and made a "shutting down my recruitment" tweet stating that he was staying with LSU after the coaching change. Just wondering if there is anything here or is the really about getting some attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2488 View Post
    You're probably right, but why would he state he was making a "big" announcement? He is already committed to LSU and made a "shutting down my recruitment" tweet stating that he was staying with LSU after the coaching change. Just wondering if there is anything here or is the really about getting some attention.
    I asked lsu recruiting board on tiger droppings. If he's being dropped, they have no idea. Only guess they had was announcing jersey number.

vCash
    I asked lsu recruiting board on tiger droppings. If he's being dropped, they have no idea. Only guess they had was announcing jersey number.
    That hardly qualifies as a "big" announcement, but I guess that kind of stuff is a big deal to these kids.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    This guy is from LA, what is the connection? Does he have relatives here?
    No Signature

vCash
    In other news Key and Willie Gay have both moved up in the adjusted rankings
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...rts-composite/

vCash
    Awesome!!
    No Signature

vCash
    Carty CB'd to South Carolina again. They get last visit. Gotta figure if carty doesn't commit to us before that visit, we lose out again
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-18-2017 at 08:31 AM.

vCash
    Carty CB'd to South Carolina again. They get last visit. Gotta figure if carty doesn't commit to us before that visit, we lose out again
    The second I saw that I knew you'd have a post about it. The 2 USCe guys say they get him, the 2 MSU guys say we do. I guess we will see who's right soon. No need to freak out every day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post
    The second I saw that I knew you'd have a post about it. The 2 USCe guys say they get him, the 2 MSU guys say we do. I guess we will see who's right soon. No need to freak out every day.
    The CBs don't bother near as much as South Carolina getting the last visit. Boom is one hell of a recruiter and I don't like him getting the last sales pitch. Perhaps there's nothing to worry about; but like I said, if carty is uncommitted going to South Carolina on last weekend, I think they get him. You don't find it interesting that coming off an OV to us that they feel they get him? Seems carty would still be on his "high" for us coming off an OV here
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-18-2017 at 10:24 AM.

vCash
    We seem to be very "business-like" with our OVs. Seldom do I get the feeling that one of our recruits is on a "high" after visiting at least not like you hear after some recruits visit other schools that seem to do more of the "wine and dine" thing. Isn't Carty the one that was reported to have committed on his visit and then backed off? That is a sort of a bad sign to me, but I'm usually pessimistic anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We seem to be very "business-like" with our OVs. Seldom do I get the feeling that one of our recruits is on a "high" after visiting at least not like you hear after some recruits visit other schools that seem to do more of the "wine and dine" thing. Isn't Carty the one that was reported to have committed on his visit and then backed off? That is a sort of a bad sign to me, but I'm usually pessimistic anyway.
    Yeah, that was him. I thought it was a good sign; but now that I think it, I don't think that has ever worked out for us. Hopefully we can get Carty though.

Is Rhodes still expected to visit this weekend?

vCash
    C66 on sps says lsu close to flipping Josh Clarke (lb) from om. C66 says he thinks that's indication that lsu isn't feeling so good about gay

vCash
    Meanwhile Willie Gay just got yet another CB to LSU...WTF?
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Meanwhile Willie Gay just got yet another CB to LSU...WTF?
    Same guy (Donahue) predicted Jacob Phillips to flip to lsu from Oklahoma. That would be quite a pull for lsu to get both. Donahue is from bleacher report though, so who knows if he's a good source or not

vCash
    SC is mopping up the floor with us on OL recruits, which is asinine considering the disparity between the two offenses and with Key coming in. How embarrassing.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 01-18-2017 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    Same guy (Donahue) predicted Jacob Phillips to flip to lsu from Oklahoma. That would be quite a pull for lsu to get both. Donahue is from bleacher report though, so who knows if he's a good source or not
    Rosie confirmed on his show yesterday what many have been saying that LSU is chasing a lot of linebackers for couple of spots. I think we will get Willie anyway but hopefully they will get a commit or 2 soon and lessen the anxiety.

vCash
    Those guys aren't gonna be satisfied until LSU leads for Gay.

vCash

According to scout we are currently no. 26 in the recruiting ranks. Noticed they

show 0 special teams players. Not sure why Tucker Day isn't counted there. I was hoping that with the Rebs being stymied that we might be able to finish in the top 20 but not sure that's going to happen. If we don't get Gay no way it happens.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    show 0 special teams players. Not sure why Tucker Day isn't counted there. I was hoping that with the Rebs being stymied that we might be able to finish in the top 20 but not sure that's going to happen. If we don't get Gay no way it happens.
    We are not taking advantage of the situation. Need to finish strong.