Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting 2017

vCash

Recruiting 2017

Preface: if you don't wanna talk about recruiting don't comment about how you hate recruiting. We get it.
    Who are our big targets and commits we can expect this summer? How big will this class be? How good we feeling on Kylin Hill? All info appreciated

vCash
    I have no sources at all but would bet highly on us landing Wille Gay Jr. And Kylin Hill

vCash
    We better sign well over 30. Otherwise we are almost putting ourselves on probation needlessly.

I agree on Hill and Gay. I feel good about CJ Avery and Kam White. I think Austin Williams is about to blow up after his Army AA combine- I would say that we lead for him. Keyteon Thompson is a huge commit. I like where we stand with Aaron Odom and Ronald Ladd and I could see those two possibly being four stars by this time next year with good seasons. We need to pull in Lavonte Epson and Shaadiq Charles as well and I could also see them potentially being four star guys also with good seasons.

vCash
    A lot depends on whether OM gets sanctioned or not. If they don't get hit hard, I'll expect more of the same next go around, where we won't know who we'll end up with. Again, it depends on the NCAA. OM is not about to stop what they are doing, otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    A lot depends on whether OM gets sanctioned or not. If they don't get hit hard, I'll expect more of the same next go around, where we won't know who we'll end up with. Again, it depends on the NCAA. OM is not about to stop what they are doing, otherwise.
    I disagree. We're already showing the local guys more attention and we have a class ring leader already committed in Thompson. I think it will be the opposite- we could have upwards of 20 guys committed after Big Dawg Camp and I expect us to take around 30 or more.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    If Coach 34 and the rest of the team liked the 2016 Recruiting thread, I'll be happy to create one for the 2017 class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    If Coach 34 and the rest of the team liked the 2016 Recruiting thread, I'll be happy to create one for the 2017 class.
    By all means, do it.

Is champion gonna be worth the wait?

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    We will start one today. 2017 has a lot of talent. A ton of it. We need Kylin to get in the boat asap. Another kid I like is Kalem Reddix. From a recruiting standpoint think Farrod Green. Every kid in be state knows him and every kid likes him. He could do for this class what Farrod did for his.

vCash
    I'm a nobody but I thought it was pretty good stuff myself.

vCash
    Are there any good OL in state in 2017?

vCash
    Do y'all think there is any chance we could pull Cam Akers? I know he's a bama commit at the moment

vCash
    I think our staff is going by the rules completely and no other staff in the SEC is. I think the Redmond ordeal put some fear into the AD and are hamstringing our staff.

vCash
    Please do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jemsu92 View Post
    Please do
    One post since June 2014? Please click on a ad while you are here this time.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Are there any good OL in state in 2017?
    We've offered 3 instate OL. Lavonte Epson OG from Washington School, Saahdiq Charles OG/OT from MRA, & John Dale OT from Kemper County.

vCash
    It's going to have to be a huge class...

At most we've got 65 returning scholarship players. Probably more like 62. Added 18 in the class with a couple of those counting back. In the year to year thing -- we should have room for about 35 players. Against the 85 limit -- we are currently at about 80 -- and you can bet we'll lose several more between now and the start of the season. We'll be playing with a ~ 10 scholly deficit next year which is pretty ridiculous in itself. But regardless. If we're at 75 by the end of next season which can reasonably be inferred -- and certainly lose the 23 remaining juniors -- that is pure room for 33 in this method and you always want to go one or two over to account for summer attrition.

If we are going to get back to the 85 limit and have good attrition -- we need to sign the absolute maximum allowed this coming year, which probably allows us to oversign by 1 or 2 against the 85 limit. If you start looking at the hard numbers -- it just defines another way that this recruiting class was a disaster and a total afterthought by our staff. Not only do we already have unbalanced classes -- but they are getting more and more unbalanced every year. We're knocking on the door to having a roller coaster team if this continues. Need to sign 35 next year and 25 the year after -- at which point we would have to process the hell out of 10+ players. Without continuing self-imposed probation, that's the only way to regain balance.

Assuming Dez Harris goes on medical scholarship after his 3rd torn ACL -- we are down to FIVE scholarship sophs/juniors to be prior to this class of jucos showing up. The 2013 class is an absolute nightmare. Add the 3 JUCOS -- and we will have 8 total juniors next year. Assuming none of the 3 redshirt. Our roster management has gotten really bad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    John Dale OT from Kemper County.
    What are your thoughts on Dale? Eliterecruiting feel free to chime in too if you can. He has the physical tools but the thing that impressed me the most though is he can really move.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post
    What are your thoughts on Dale? Eliterecruiting feel free to chime in too if you can. He has the physical tools but the thing that impressed me the most though is he can really move.
    To be so big he's a really good athlete. He's their leading scorer in basketball. He has all the tools you need to become a really good LT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post

At most we've got 65 returning scholarship players. Probably more like 62. Added 18 in the class with a couple of those counting back. In the year to year thing -- we should have room for about 35 players. Against the 85 limit -- we are currently at about 80 -- and you can bet we'll lose several more between now and the start of the season. We'll be playing with a ~ 10 scholly deficit next year which is pretty ridiculous in itself. But regardless. If we're at 75 by the end of next season which can reasonably be inferred -- and certainly lose the 23 remaining juniors -- that is pure room for 33 in this method and you always want to go one or two over to account for summer attrition.

If we are going to get back to the 85 limit and have good attrition -- we need to sign the absolute maximum allowed this coming year, which probably allows us to oversign by 1 or 2 against the 85 limit. If you start looking at the hard numbers -- it just defines another way that this recruiting class was a disaster and a total afterthought by our staff. Not only do we already have unbalanced classes -- but they are getting more and more unbalanced every year. We're knocking on the door to having a roller coaster team if this continues. Need to sign 35 next year and 25 the year after -- at which point we would have to process the hell out of 10+ players. Without continuing self-imposed probation, that's the only way to regain balance.

Assuming Dez Harris goes on medical scholarship after his 3rd torn ACL -- we are down to FIVE scholarship sophs/juniors to be prior to this class of jucos showing up. The 2013 class is an absolute nightmare. Add the 3 JUCOS -- and we will have 8 total juniors next year. Assuming none of the 3 redshirt. Our roster management has gotten really bad...
    That's crazy BUT with that many open scholarships we should be able to take some big chances and go all in on some guys. We had better see the staff hitting the trail HARD this year. So, is Kylin Hill a strong lean? Who would you guys say would be a great leader locally that would pull in recruits?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post

I'm really at a loss as to how we can redshirt so many players and still have trouble keeping 85 scholarship players on campus.