Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Lashley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Raw is an understatement. He's a big guy that's just learning to use it. He's average on run blocking unless the guy is stupid enough to attempt a bullrush and extremely raw on pass blocking. His ratings are a generic eye test of height to weight versus high school kids. The fact that he was rated a 4* is absurd with no technique or football experience. He has no football IQ and everything he's learning. He has pure potential.. Only. He could be great once he figures everything out or bust 101 due that he has a short time to learn.
    I've heard the same, 28... Well, at least, we'll have some good size for depth/mop up duty if he doesn't pan out...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Scott is a good kid but he handled his recruitment poorly. He was ranked based on size and athleticism...not production. He has never played a full season of football. I hoped he would go to state and we'd watch him develop but he made his choice.

I will also say that folks who think West Point is a miss state stronghold are badly mistaken. It's almost as bad as bammer central...aka, lowndes county.
    I'm lived my whole life in wp until 8 years ago. At one time we had one of the Bulldog Clubs largest chapters per capita , but don't think thats the case anymore. There is a large contingent of om fans there, but mostly bandwagons with no large donors other than my buddy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    I'm lived my whole life in wp until 8 years ago. At one time we had one of the Bulldog Clubs largest chapters per capita , but don't think thats the case anymore. There is a large contingent of om fans there, but mostly bandwagons with no large donors other than my buddy.
    im done letting Mullen use my helicopter to go to West Point if they're full of OM folks now********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    im done letting Mullen use my helicopter to go to West Point if they're full of OM folks now********
    But there are a lot more bulldogs, too many to count, even what you would call a cigar boy, but he is straight as they come, not in the ego driven mode like most of em.

vCash
    Lashley is an inexperienced kid who has only played football for two years. He has a lot of potential, but he also has a chronic leg condition called Blount's Disease, where his knees may progressively become more bowed. I don't know how this will effect him long term at this point. I know that this is the reason he has only played 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I've heard the same, 28... Well, at least, we'll have some good size for depth/mop up duty if he doesn't pan out...
    Lol.. that's true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Lashley is an inexperienced kid who has only played football for two years. He has a lot of potential, but he also has a chronic leg condition called Blount's Disease, where his knees may progressively become more bowed. I don't know how this will effect him long term at this point. I know that this is the reason he has only played 2 years.
    Blount's disease can sometimes be corrected with surgery. I see that he had multiple surgeries from 7th to 9th grade. My guess is that they got the growth plate aligned correctly... don't know for sure though.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Blount's disease can sometimes be corrected with surgery. I see that he had multiple surgeries from 7th to 9th grade. My guess is that they got the growth plate aligned correctly... don't know for sure though.
    I read that the condition was corrected with surgery... if not, he could still get a degree while on medical scholarship, if he wants...

I hadn't thought of that angle, actually...

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDeltadawg1971 View Post
    I believe your starting left tackle is a sophomore, Lester cotton is a freshman, just early enrolled a juco all American and a 5 star high school kid. Not counting what you have that will come off redshirted this year.

I just think with him being a project Bama may not have patience with him to develop. I hope I'm wrong.
    I hope you are right. I would be just fine if Lashley, RDavis and Knott all fall flat on their face and get processed by the Saban machine. If they go over and become All-American types all that will do is encourage more MS HS players to jump over the line and play for Saban when given the chance. Saban hasn't hurt us that much before because he usually signs HS players that are highly touted AND highly developed which is not something you find with most MS HS players so he really hasn't targeted MS that much. Players in MS usually tend to have lots of potential but are quite raw. Lashley, due to not playing much HS football, is even rawer than most. Will be interesting to see what happens to him over there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I hope you are right. I would be just fine if Lashley, RDavis and Knott all fall flat on their face and get processed by the Saban machine. If they go over and become All-American types all that will do is encourage more MS HS players to jump over the line and play for Saban when given the chance. Saban hasn't hurt us that much before because he usually signs HS players that are highly touted AND highly developed which is not something you find with most MS HS players so he really hasn't targeted MS that much. Players in MS usually tend to have lots of potential but are quite raw. Lashley, due to not playing much HS football, is even rawer than most. Will be interesting to see what happens to him over there.
    if any of those cats wash out at Bama, would be ok with them coming to State (if you thought they could contribute), or is that bridge burned?

No.

vCash

Lashley Scouting Report

This is one scouting report synopsis on Lashley:

Lashley is an interesting prospect. Looks like a bit of a frustrated TE at the HS level and will need to fully embrace his fate as a less glorified, 'lunch pail' carrying OT, but if he does he brings some tools that could allow him to gain attention for his play there. Still raw and needs to settle in and focus on OT and at this stage not an early contributor, but a big man with some real promising upside.

vCash
    if any of those cats wash out at Bama, would be ok with them coming to State (if you thought they could contribute), or is that bridge burned?
    Knowing Mullen's arrogance, the bridge is burned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    Knowing Mullen's arrogance, the bridge is burned.
    Did you and I meet at the Bammer/MSU game, by chance? That handle "rings a bell"... pardon the pun....

No.

vCash
    Did you and I meet at the Bammer/MSU game, by chance? That handle "rings a bell"... pardon the pun....
    Yes thats me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    Yes thats me
    ah, I thought I smelled something.*

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg33 View Post
    I think Saban took this year to take a small shot over the bow of the Mississippi teams.
    This is definitely not the case. I honestly can't see Saban ever signing a player just to stick it to another team.....when he gives a commitable offer to a recruit, he does it because he feels like that player can help him win another title. But even if he did engage in petty, counterproductive bullshit like that, it damn sure wouldn't be directed at us. Dan Mullen has never even had a lead against Bama (in 420 minutes of football, he has spent 0 seconds with more points than them), so I don't think that Saban would even offer a recruit a preferred walk on with the intent of sticking it to us.
    Last edited by sandwolf; 02-05-2016 at 01:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    This is definitely not the case. I honestly can't see Saban ever signing a player just to stick it to another team.....when he gives a commitable offer to a recruit, he does it because he feels like that player can help him win another title. But even if he did engage in petty, counterproductive bullshit like that, it damn sure wouldn't be directed at us. Dan Mullen has never even had a lead against Bama (in 420 minutes of football, he has spent 0 seconds with more points than them), so I don't think that Saban would even offer a recruit a preferred walk on with the intent of sticking it to us.
    dead. nuts. on.

No.