Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mullen- It's time for you to make a big decision

vCash
    I want us to, "coach shop" every year now, and not try to hide it from Mullen. He's done it to us too damn often, so let's let him sweat-it-out every damned year!

I want Dan feeling like the Sword of Damocles is hanging over his head, just like his courting of other schools has felt to us. Let him think every damn year better see his best effort, or he is gone.

DAMN sure don't want to see any extension anytime soon. For all the good he's done, he has KILLED us with this BS.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Some great posts in here! Couldn't agree more. One question I have is should we start getting a little more aggressive asking these kids to commit or would it make any difference?

vCash
    Any mention of a raise should be given to the assistants not named Hevesy and Sallach. I am all for giving Turner and Gonzalez a raise. Not sure on Knox.

vCash
    We can not lose out on recruits literally in our backyard like Brown and Lashley...

That just can't happen... period...

Changes have to be made, but I don't have any faith in our Admin to do anything..

vCash
    Well said coach, If Mullen would just win a big game everynow and then it would make a HUGE difference but losing to Miles, Sumlin, Freeze and Saban damn near every year and in some of those games we look completely unprepared is taking its toll, especially considering we're 7 years in.
    It's painfully obivous today that all this turnover is really hurting our recruiting, we just can not build relationships with HS players and coaches with all this turnover. Thank GOD Turner didn't leave this year.
    All I want from Mullen is for him to meet the goals he set for our program. If he does that, I'll be his biggest fan.

vCash
    Nothing will change until big money gets Stricklin's and Keenum's attention. It's like the 600lb people on TV trying to lose weight; nothing works until the enablers want to see change.

vCash
    Solid gold, C34. Solid gold.

vCash
    Coach 34,

I'm with you on this one buddy.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    Some good stuff. Some inaccurate stuff. But good points. Nice job

vCash
    Nailed it!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    I'm afraid that Mullen has dug himself a hole that he can't climb out of in the next 3-4 years. His professional reputation is crap. Big time recruits don't trust him. He's labeled as a snitch by other coaches and that is being preached to recruits. It prevents him from doing the "business" of recruiting.
    Add to this that he`s pissed away almost all of his attractiveness as a candidate for another power 5 head coaching gig and I think you will have summed it up nicely. If Dan was a boat he`d basically be dead in the water. Now it`s just a matter of the clock ticking down I`m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What I'm writing today is straight to the point. I know it will be met with some applause and some boos. But- It's time.

Dan Mullen- its time to dedicate yourself to Miss. State or its time for you to get gone after the 2016 season. It's commitment time. Dont ask the players, the fans, the administration, and faculty, or anybody else for their commitment when you havent given that yourself. You asked for upgraded practice fields, an expanded stadium, and a new football facility- we gave you that. You asked for the fans to buy in and support you completely- we gave you that. We have made Scott Field a tough place for people to come play- which helps make your job easier. You want "strain"- well you got it from your support system.

It's time for you to stop the buddy system that's holding you back. People hire our defensive assistants away every season. We couldnt give Sallach, Hevesy, and Greg Knox away if we tried. Sallach and Hevesy couldnt recruit a fat woman to a dessert table- yet they stay employed. They are an albatross hanging around your neck. Our OL's- while usually coached pretty well- are always less talented that most of the SEC. That has cost us dearly the last two seasons. You only get so many chances to compete for the West- and we pissed it away with an inferior OL while having the best player in school history at QB. Not one draft pick from the OL recruited by you, Hevesy, and Sallach. That's just pathetic.

It's time for you to stop shopping every offseason. It bit you in the ass good this recruiting cycle. I dont know if the rumor is true, and I pray its not- but if you really flew to interview with Miami Thanksgiving Day and flew back- I want you gone. You dont do that kind of shit with the Sugar Bowl on the line. It may just be a BS rumor- but its out there and was used against you by other staffs.
    You control if your name is out there or not. Nobody was mentioning Freezus or Bielema for every damn job that came open- but your agent made sure that yours was. Thats on you. Either stop that shit or GTFO. Stop playing the middle to the public and allow people to view you as someone just biding their time in Starkville. It took Jackie Wayne 6-7 years to do that himself- but when he finally stopped having one foot out the door and realized what he had- he got us to Atlanta. Commit or get gone.

It's time to commit to recruiting. It's more than a necessary evil- it's got to be done with passion. OM and Freezus arent the only people throwing money around- the others are doing it too- but they are winning battles with their passion for it. You guys are lazy recruiters and have that reputation. Reps are usually earned and from what Ive seen firsthand- its dead on. We are solid- but we get crushed vs top teams time and again. We dont ever pull the big upset because our OL is getting dominated. Our OL recruiting has to change immensely. Finishing 31st in the country after 19 wins the last 2 seasons means there is a problem. Showing people you can win here is supposed to enhance recruiting- not make it harder. We had miss after miss this recruiting cycle- thats inexcusable. Something has to be done.

Stop half-assing it Dan. Commit and do what the other coaches are doing in recruiting, commit and remove your name from job searches until you actually accomplish something, commit and make some hires that will enhance the staff and program- or carry your ass out of town somewhere else. It's beyond time.

C34
    I agree 100% with C34. This goes all the way to the AD. Its time for some accountability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Some great posts in here! Couldn't agree more. One question I have is should we start getting a little more aggressive asking these kids to commit or would it make any difference?
    That's tricky because it depends on the kid. If we did that with AJ he may have just flipped. Rumor is Rosebowl pushed him to do something and it backfired big time.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    Some good stuff. Some inaccurate stuff. But good points. Nice job
    What's inaccurate? Let's get it out there...

vCash
    If he wants to know he can ask me. I ain't airing dirty laundry on here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's tricky because it depends on the kid. If we did that with AJ he may have just flipped. Rumor is Rosebowl pushed him to do something and it backfired big time.
    Rosebowl didnt do us any harm with AJ. Rosey has been getting a bad wrap. He did a solid job this year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We'll just disagree. I know people that I also trust that are adament that some of these things happened. Again- Mullen controls whether his name is out there or not. He controls it totally thru his agent.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    depends on where the rumor is coming from.

vCash
    depends on where the rumor is coming from.
    Exactly.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Yeah everything else has been on such great point. I wouldn't trust it anyways. These ****ing connections are garbage because they are connected to garbage.