Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well lets give it a grade!

vCash

Well lets give it a grade!

On filling our needs how did we do on a scale from 1 to 10. forget the fact that OM is rated in the top 5.

I don't follow recruiting and the names mean little or nothing to me. I just want the score on filling our needs.

vCash
    I'm on the fence between a 4 and 5. Lost out on 2 OL that we really needed and we needed a couple more big outside wr that we lost.

On the other hand, our defensive class was pretty damn good.

vCash
    Nm... I changed my mind. Just gonna shutup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    I'm on the fence between a 4 and 5. Lost out on 2 OL that we really needed and we needed a couple more big outside wr that we lost.

On the other hand, our defensive class was pretty damn good.
    Defense gets an A-. Only losing Derrick Brown, with two MSU parents, to Auburn makes it a "-". If he had gone to UGA then it would have been a solid A.

Offense gets an F. We needed 5 to 6 OLs and got 3, including the loss of a Golden Triangle legacy. We signed 3 Athletes, only one of which is an obvious WR. Of course there are no RBs and QBs by decision. The only bright spot is TE, where we apparently signed our two top targets, despite both being from out of State. Maybe Sallach is not so bad....

We have 5 Offensive assistants and 3 defensive assistants at the moment. Something else to consider.

vCash
    I'd say it's a 6. Simmons pulled it up from a 3 or 4. To get to 8 we needed AJ or Lashley, and to get beyond that a couple of from the grouping of Knott/R. Davis/D. Brown had to be in the boat. Losing Farrar and Cushenberry really hurt us, to me with all the drama aside the class would be a 7 with those two in the boat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    On filling our needs how did we do on a scale from 1 to 10. forget the fact that OM is rated in the top 5.

I don't follow recruiting and the names mean little or nothing to me. I just want the score on filling our needs.
    No QB, No RB, so that's going to hurt your rankings. We really wanted an X receiver and didn't get our guy despite offers to several. So really no WR unless you count Couch who was going to be a TE now may have to start at WR.

But to me this class came down to 5 guys: Simmons, Brown, Jones, Lashley, and Knott. We got 2 of the 5 so that's a C at best. Then when you throw in the other guys we missed on like Farrar, Cushenberry, Turnier, Moon, the Juco O-linemen, I would give us a D+, C- at best. Simmons and Jones saved the class and I think we have some nice sleepers like Dantzler. Just better have a Top 22 class next year and we will be ok. To do that, Mullen is going to have to make some changes.
    Last edited by HoopsDawg; 02-03-2016 at 03:49 PM.

vCash

vCash
    We didn't sign our full allotment, missed on two legacy kids (1 from WP), got snaked in our home town, lately whiffed on our OL needs, decided not to bring in a QB this year, and missed on a difference maker at corner.

C- and that's only because we held on to Kobe and Simmons. The staff tried to orchestrate everything to win today and that didn't happen. Lesson learned. Take what you got, be thankful the cupboard is not completely bare, and get to work. It's time to start thinking about NSD 2017.

vCash
    A+! Dan is a great developer. Hail Hev!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    We didn't sign our full allotment, missed on two legacy kids (1 from WP), got snaked in our home town, lately whiffed on our OL needs, decided not to bring in a QB this year, and missed on a difference maker at corner.

C- and that's only because we held on to Kobe and Simmons. The staff tried to orchestrate everything to win today and that didn't happen. Lesson learned. Take what you got, be thankful the cupboard is not completely bare, and get to work. It's time to start thinking about NSD 2017.
    We may end up with 25 recruits with 5 EE's next year. It's going to be a big class.... it has to be.

vCash
    So we're rating the relative average rating of recruits who are coming, maybe. I will abstain.

But I will say as, an increasing old and cranky bastard, I'd rather lose every ****** game that be known to cheat as Ole Miss has lately.

vCash
    D+

It was an F before Simmons signed. Anyone that says differently is either a bear troll or just thinks we are poor ol MSU.

We had at least 6 more spots that we didn't take (Knott, Davis, Cush, Lashley, AJ, Derrick Brown) All six of those kids had spots. Now, is it possible we would have dropped a kid to make room? Maybe, but that isn't CDM's style.

Now, I will compliment the staff for getting in the game late with SImmons. Very smart. We need to be this smart in the future.

We talked for weeks that OL was a biggest need and we signed Zero juco kids, and three kids that are a minimum 2-3 years from helping.

I still can't believe we only signed 3 HS OL, and no juco OL. So going by position:

QB - F (didn't sign anyone)
    HB - F (didn't sign anyone)
    WR - D+ (Couch could be good, Hankerson is fast, but this should have been AJ and Farrar)
    TE - B (I like Roberson a lot)
    OL - D (Three developmental OL, no jucos, missed on Lashley and Cush, lack of power 5 offers from three signees)
    DL - A (Big time here, only miss was Derrick Brown and Davis, but this was fantastic.
    LB - B (Errol is a hitter, but I think he is only true LB signee)
    DB - C+ (Kids with potential, but Im not sure we have a game changer here. Also, Im not sure who ends up where, except Walker is a CB and I think Dantzler is a Safety)

Overall C-/D+ depending on you grade.

This class was an F before Simmons signed, and though he is awseome, he doesn't single-handedly change this class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Only losing Derrick Brown, with two MSU parents, to Auburn makes it a "-". If he had gone to UGA then it would have been a solid A..
    Well this makes no sense.

vCash
    It's no better than a C ..
    And before anyone gets all panties in a wad this isn't a knock on who we got , I actually like the kids in the class, it's who we didn't get and where they were from that sucks

And us only signing 3 OL... That's absurd.. We know have to get around 7 next year..

And no beating around the bush about it.. Simmons saved this class as a whole..

vCash
    C

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

NSD 2017.???? Come on man... It's vaca time for CCB.... Haha

vCash
    6.5, could be 8 if we fill our spots and holes.

vCash

Most of my thoughts have already been said. DLinemen saved this class. Missing the 2 OL stings especially if the story is true that the staff simply didn't work hard enough to get Lashley. I like the ones we signed though esp Reese. I do think Morgan-Walker will wind up being the difference maker at corner that HancockCounty was alluding to. Hopefully Sirmon, Buckley and whoever the new coach is will pay some dividends next year bc signing a top 15-20 class is imperative.
    Last edited by Shooter McGavin; 02-03-2016 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    D+

It was an F before Simmons signed. Anyone that says differently is either a bear troll or just thinks we are poor ol MSU.

We had at least 6 more spots that we didn't take (Knott, Davis, Cush, Lashley, AJ, Derrick Brown) All six of those kids had spots. Now, is it possible we would have dropped a kid to make room? Maybe, but that isn't CDM's style.

Now, I will compliment the staff for getting in the game late with SImmons. Very smart. We need to be this smart in the future.

We talked for weeks that OL was a biggest need and we signed Zero juco kids, and three kids that are a minimum 2-3 years from helping.

I still can't believe we only signed 3 HS OL, and no juco OL. So going by position:

QB - F (didn't sign anyone)
    HB - F (didn't sign anyone)
    WR - D+ (Couch could be good, Hankerson is fast, but this should have been AJ and Farrar)
    TE - B (I like Roberson a lot)
    OL - D (Three developmental OL, no jucos, missed on Lashley and Cush, lack of power 5 offers from three signees)
    DL - A (Big time here, only miss was Derrick Brown and Davis, but this was fantastic.
    LB - B (Errol is a hitter, but I think he is only true LB signee)
    DB - C+ (Kids with potential, but Im not sure we have a game changer here. Also, Im not sure who ends up where, except Walker is a CB and I think Dantzler is a Safety)

Overall C-/D+ depending on you grade.

This class was an F before Simmons signed, and though he is awseome, he doesn't single-handedly change this class.
    I will just disagree w/ you on 2 things - Couch was a take regardless of whether or not we signed AJ and Farrar. I repeat, we 100% would've taken Couch even with those two committed. Also, Eiland had committable/signable offers from LSU and FL and Reese had numerous committable/signable offers just not one from FSU. Agree on Parker not having P5 offers although I think he could've generated some if he wouldn't have committed early & I think he may be the best of the three.

vCash
    Wake me up in 2 or 3 years and I will tell you how we did with this class. I remember the Barrin Simpson class, small in numbers and very low ranked, all they did was win and win big.

Too many so call internet experts for me to know, only time will tell, glad I chilled all day and I just now starting reading "a few post".