Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name all the MS kids that have played at Bama and how they faired

vCash

Name all the MS kids that have played at Bama and how they faired

Freddie Milons was good a great high school player who had a good career at Bama
    Jimmy Johns was supposed to be great coming out of high school but never did anything and definitely would've been better off and had a more productive career in MS and may have stayed out of the pen
    Last edited by whosyourdawgy; 02-01-2016 at 11:16 PM.

vCash
    Alonzo Lawrence. Absolutely zilch. Think he ended up a druggie or something.

vCash
    Tee did not play at Bama. Freddie did. Tee played at State.

vCash
    Anthony Steen had a pretty good career.

vCash
    Paul Ott Carruth. He was aight

vCash
    Freddie
    Dwayne Rudd
    Deshea Townsend
    Kevin Norwood
    Last edited by C222; 02-01-2016 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    The Kang

vCash
    Paul Ott Carruth

vCash
    2008 ESPN- "Alabama's already thin linebacker corps took another hit Tuesday when senior Jimmy Johns was dismissed from the team following his arrest on multiple drug charges." (Cocaine)

Also this should be on a loop somewhere, gif guys. Dude got rag-dolled.

Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 02-01-2016 at 11:17 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    Tee did not play at Bama. Freddie did. Tee played at State.
    Oops. Exactly right. I fixed it. Tee just rolled out of my mind

vCash
    With 5 stars as back ups, I wouldn't be going there unless it was a slim position.

vCash
    Joe Carter, RB, Starkville. 4th rd pick Miami 1984

John Sullins, LB, Lafayette Co. Captain of '91 squad. Played 1992 with Denver

Justin Woodall, S, Lafayette. Started on Champ team. Now in MiLB.

Probably more I couldn't think of. Yeah I'm pissed like the rest of you. But, being from Starkville and watching a kid like Antuan Eswards go to Clemson, then Freddie, it is never a sure thing. You have to remember a lot of these kids don't grow up going to all the games like you and I. The attachment is just not there. That's why there staff should have to work doubly hard on the locals.

vCash
    Joe Carter (starkville, I think), Ray Perkins (petal) are two that haven't been mentioned...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Double post
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 02-02-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Wish someone would do some percentages of highly rated players going to each school who actually got significant PT and then went on to the NFL. No way there is that dramatic of a difference in percentage of Bama putting players based on ratings into the NFL than would State. Bama is chocked full of players that would/could start for over half of the SEC, yet rarely get PT. so rather than go be the 3rd string at your position at Bama, rarely play, and head off to piggly wiggly after your playing days are done, why wouldn't your choose somewhere you will get to play and make a name, instead of wait your turn? Doesn't make logical nor common sense. But then again common sense isn't so common these days.

And if there's any chance of a SECWest coach, that we compete with, not being there after 2016 (other than Miles) it's Saban. Dan isn't going anywhere and no one wants to subject their campus trees to Bucky, so who else will be moving, save maybe dumpster fire Sumlin. How we lose any in state recruit to go ride the pine out of state is something I'll never quite understand. Why we don't use the hundreds of "lost in the wash"' Mississippi players who do nothing out of state, while your in state schools could have and would have used you, is strictly on us.

vCash
    Jackie Sherrill, played HS Football in Biloxi, MS

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    Jackie Sherrill, played HS Football in Biloxi, MS
    Comparing any players pre 1990ish is pointless. The recruiting game and programs were light years apart prior to that date. Given the current landscape of the SEC and us showing last season that you can rise to #1 and be on the cusp of the playoffs at Mississippi State. This should be a real thought in the minds of every kid on Mississippi, yet it is not. Part of it is we do not self promote our program and success as much as others do. Another part is our inability to convey this to potential recruits for whatever reason. Our coaches would apparently have a difficult time selling a bottle of water to a person stranded in the desert. Lastly when you have a HC openly window shopping every year, including the #1 10-3 year, it sends only negatives to any potential recruit. Period. this year does not surprise me one but once you sit down, look big picture and connect the dots.

vCash
    Once they leave Mississippi I don't care how they do.

vCash

Mo Williams

H.S.: Murrah
    College: Bama
    Pro:
    2003?2004 Utah Jazz
    2004?2008 Milwaukee Bucks
    2008?2011 Cleveland Cavaliers
    2011?2012 Los Angeles Clippers
    2012?2013 Utah Jazz
    2013?2014 Portland Trail Blazers
    2014?2015 Minnesota Timberwolves
    2015 Charlotte Hornets
    2015?present Cleveland Cavaliers

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C222 View Post
    Freddie
    Dwayne Rudd
    Deshea Townsend
    Kevin Norwood
    Yeah I think we probably need to go on and end this thread now. I doubt we're going to be able to win this one.