Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball opening day lineup

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Didn't Reynolds have a big Summer also? He will be in the lineup
    Indeed. Was 2nd team all star in same league as Gordon played. Hit .350 and Gordon hit .400 and also led OB% and slugging %

Banned
    vCash
    It's anyone's guess really but mine is:

Robson CF
    Reynolds RF
    Collins 3B
    Rooker LF
    Humphreys DH
    Lowe/Gordon 1B
    Holland 2B
    Morrero/Kruger C
    Alexander SS
    Last edited by Ralph; 01-28-2016 at 01:26 PM.

vCash
    Robson CF
    Kruger C
    Collins 3B
    Rooker RF
    Humphreys DH
    Lowe 1B
    C. Brown LF
    Holland 2B
    Gridley SS

Hudson, D. Brown, Tatum, Sexton on the bump. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    Robson CF
    Kruger C
    Collins 3B
    Rooker RF
    Humphreys DH
    Lowe 1B
    C. Brown LF
    Holland 2B
    Gridley SS

Hudson, D. Brown, Tatum, Sexton on the bump. Book it.
    I tend to lean with this one because the thread is about the "opening day" line up not the "Saturday" and "Sunday" one! Because I promise you those will be a little different on those days hahaha!!

vCash
    Tatum gonna be our Friday night guy by SEC play. no doubts. Sets a better tone for a series than any guy we got on the staff.

Banned
    vCash
    LOL

vCash
    To me the only 3 guys that proved themselves last season as hitters are Cody Brown, Luke Reynolds and Collins (when healthy). Everybody else has a LOT to prove offensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    Tatum gonna be our Friday night guy by SEC play. no doubts. Sets a better tone for a series than any guy we got on the staff.
    Hudson has 1st or 2nd round potential from everything I have seen. If he isn't the Friday night guy I hope it is because Tatum is pitching like Stratton his junior year.

vCash
    My guesses

Fri- Dakota
    Sat- Daniel Brown
    Sun- Sexton

Midweek- Tatum

Closer- Houston

Bullpen- Billingsley, Rigsby, and whatever freshmen step up.

C- Kruger
    1B- Lowe
    2B- Holland to start the year. He better perform though.
    3B- Collins
    SS- Gridley to start the year. Could move to second if Holland struggles and then we start Alexander.
    LF- Cody Brown
    CF- Robson
    RF- Humphreys
    DH- Rooker

I expect to see a lot of Stovall, Marrero, Luke Reynolds, and Michael Smith too.

vCash
    Pretty interesting hearing Cohen on Head to Head. He talked about the jumps Hudson and Rooker have made. Said Sexton and Brown r very solid. Talked about how Collins, Billingsley, and Young r fully healthy. Said some great battles on infield
    3b-Collins and Reynolds
    SS-Alexander and Gridley
    2B-Holland and Stovall
    1B-Lowe and Kruger

Said we might have the toughest schedule in the nation and players r excited about that.

vCash
    Does anyone think Barfield gets a chance at DH some or does he redshirt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My guesses

SS- Gridley to start the year. Could move to second if Holland struggles and then we start Alexander.
    maybe
    Last edited by Backwoodsdawg; 04-25-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Kruger is very good, but coming off biceps surgery. He most likely won't start opening day at anything other than 1b or DH if at all, because he's not throwing at full speed yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoodsdawg View Post
    Gridley will not be moved to 2nd unless Holland AND Stovall both struggle, because if just Holland struggles Stovall will play 2nd if he can get it done! Go watch a scrimmage or heck just watch a round of infield or BP you will see what I'm talking about.
    Sounds like middle infield will be strong. We've got several options at catcher and some strong OFs. If pitching throws like they're expected, it's just up to the bats IMO. I think this team has a chance to be pretty freaking good. Depth hasn't been better than it is now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My guesses

Fri- Dakota
    Sat- Daniel Brown
    Sun- Sexton

Midweek- Tatum

Closer- Houston

Bullpen- Billingsley, Rigsby, and whatever freshmen step up.

C- Kruger
    1B- Lowe
    2B- Holland to start the year. He better perform though.
    3B- Collins
    LF- Cody Brown
    CF- Robson
    RF- Humphreys
    DH- Rooker

I expect to see a lot of Stovall, Marrero, Luke Reynolds, and Michael Smith too.
    You can go ahead and get your glove ready in LFL with Sexton and Brown on the weekends.

I also would advise on Neck warmups so you don't tweak anything watching balls fly out of the park.

vCash
    Holland had an insane .992 fielding percentage (2 errors in 256 attempts) last year and 1.000 (0 errors in 135 attempts) in SEC games. He also hit at a .274 clip during SEC games. Holland will man 2B. Stovall, a very talented player with a bright future, will get reps there in some games this year and start at 2B in 2017.

The fight at SS will be fun to watch and somebody's going to have to change positions at some point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Holland had an insane .992 fielding percentage (2 errors in 256 attempts) last year and 1.000 (0 errors in 135 attempts) in SEC games. He also hit at a .274 clip during SEC games. Holland will man 2B. Stovall, a very talented player with a bright future, will get reps there in some games this year and start at 2B in 2017.

The fight at SS will be fun to watch and somebody's going to have to change positions at some point.
    We will see! It's gonna be interesting in several positions. 2nd base is not as locked up as you think, take tonight's scrimmage as an example. Good to have options for sure!