Who ya got?

Banned
    vCash
    Robson- CF
    C Brown- LF
    Humphries- RF
    Rooker- DH
    Collins- 3b

With Hudson on the hill. Not settled on anything else just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Robson- CF
    C Brown- LF
    Humphries- RF
    Rooker- DH
    Collins- 3b

I like Collins at 3b. Who's catching battle?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I like Collins at 3b. Who's catching battle?
    Hopefully Morerro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Robson- CF
    C Brown- LF
    Humphries- RF
    Rooker- DH
    Collins- 3b

In this setup -- I think you'd probably see Hump as the DH. Rooker has a higher ceiling as an outfielder IMO.

I think the only givens are Hudson on the hill and Robson in center.

Banned
    vCash
    Anyone know who's playing 1b? Cole Gordon and Nathaniel Lowe I believe are battling with both having big bats. Lowe is juco transfer and hit 17 Hr last year and Gordon may be doing a little pitching also. Should be better than last year either way at this position.

vCash
    Still some good battles going on but here is what could happen...

CF-Robson
    RF-C.Brown
    LF-M.Smith
    DH-Rooker
    3b-Collins/Stovall?
    1b-Lowe
    2b-Stovall/Holland?
    C-Kruger/Marrero?
    SS-Gridley/Alexander?

?= to close to call but the courtesy "start" will probably go to the upper classman, but the young guns will play...a lot!
    Last edited by Backwoodsdawg; 01-28-2016 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    This is tough. Robson is the only one I can place with any confidence.

Robson - CF
    Collins - 3B
    Rooker - RF
    Hump - DH
    Lowe - 1B
    Brown - LF
    Holland - 2B
    Marrero - C
    Alexander - SS

Banned
    vCash
    Reynolds is going to play, some of you have bumped your heads.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    MAN I CANT WAIT FOR BASEBALL!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    I was wondering looking at the lineups people were posting. He was our best hitter last year.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 16 different position players opening weekend. Picking a lineup at this point is just a wild guess.

Reynold finished strong last season, but I don't know where he stands, defensively. If Collins plays 3rd, where does Reynolds go?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 16 different position players opening weekend. Picking a lineup at this point is just a wild guess.

Reynold finished strong last season, but I don't know where he stands, defensively. If Collins plays 3rd, where does Reynolds go?
    DH against RHP I guess. I can't say definitively what will happen (I mean, it is Cohen after all) but I think it's a sure bet that Reynolds will at MINIMUM start vs. RHP.

A lot depends on if we develop into a defensive or offensive club along the way. If we go defense I think you probably see Reynolds at 3B, unless Stovall is just too good to not play. That will put Smith in the OF and Rooker at DH. But then you have Collins, who isn't exactly a defensive catcher. Who knows, good problem to have.

vCash
    Cf Robson
    Dh Reynolds
    Rf Rooker
    3b Collins
    1b Lowe
    C Kruger
    2b Holland
    Lf humpreys
    Ss- Alexander

Friday- Hudson
    Saturday- Brown
    Sunday- Sexton

Closer- nobody knows yet.

vCash
    DH against RHP I guess. I can't say definitively what will happen (I mean, it is Cohen after all) but I think it's a sure bet that Reynolds will at MINIMUM start vs. RHP.

A lot depends on if we develop into a defensive or offensive club along the way. If we go defense I think you probably see Reynolds at 3B, unless Stovall is just too good to not play. That will put Smith in the OF and Rooker at DH. But then you have Collins, who isn't exactly a defensive catcher. Who knows, good problem to have.
    Yeah, for the first time, I think we actually have depth. We have a bunch of very talented young guys challenging some pretty talented older guys. In the past, it's always been a compromise trying to make a lineup with guys who do one thing okay and other things not so much - finding the lesser of two evils. We always settle into the small, scrappy defensive guys, for the most part.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    Yeah, for the first time, I think we actually have depth. We have a bunch of very talented young guys challenging some pretty talented older guys. In the past, it's always been a compromise trying to make a lineup with guys who do one thing okay and other things not so much - finding the lesser of two evils. We always settle into the small, scrappy defensive guys, for the most part.
    Scholarships really hurt us with depth IMO, so we constantly have to worry about transfers. Nobody wants to stick around on 25% scholarship if they aren't playing. So I guess it is a good thing that Cohen plays a bunch of people, keeps the players hopeful.

Maybe since we appear to have some power pitchers we can play for a little more offense.

vCash
    Does Collins play 3rd or RF or even catch on opening day? Defensively at catcher it would be a stretch to say Collins was average but he does have a cannon of an arm.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Does Collins play 3rd or RF or even catch on opening day? Defensively at catcher it would be a stretch to say Collins was average but he does have a cannon of an arm.
    I would be mildly surprised if Collins plays any C this year with the depth we've added and given his defensive skills need some work.

Lovelady, Morrero & Kruger. Morrero is definitely the one with most upside but how quickly can he adjust being true freshman and who's got the best bat? Should be fun battle to watch

Banned
    vCash
    I also think Cole Gordon will get some reps at 1B along with Lowe. Gordon won the summer league batting title and Lowe is a juco all American. Both have HR power.

vCash
    Didn't Reynolds have a big Summer also? He will be in the lineup
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is