Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BYU game in Provo moved to Friday night 10/14

vCash

BYU game in Provo moved to Friday night 10/14

I was hoping when I checked the schedule that I would find us playing an easy home non-conference game the Saturday before, but we have Auburn at Davis Wade. I would expect us to be asking ESPN and the conference office for an early kick time for that one.

vCash
    I don't like this. State fans shouldn't have to decide between attending our local high school football game and watching the Bulldogs on tv. I guess it could be a later kickoff because it's out west but I still don't like it. Just my opinion.

vCash
    BYU is playing @ Michigan State the week before FWIW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I don't like this. State fans shouldn't have to decide between attending our local high school football game and watching the Bulldogs on tv.
    If only there were some kind of recording device to delay viewing of live events.

Banned
    vCash
    Just another reason it was stupid to schedule this game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I think we were pretty much screwed by the SEC requiring a power 5 OOC game without giving enough notice. BYU was pretty much the only option and even then required a waiver.

You'd think normally with non-power 5 schools we could ensure we don't get screwed with a non-saturday game, or at least a non-saturday game unless it's preceded by a bye week or a cupcake.

vCash
    From what I understand, we really didn't have very many options.

vCash
    Oh, but let's please schedule Tulane again in the future.

vCash
    I don't like this. State fans shouldn't have to decide between attending our local high school football game and watching the Bulldogs on tv. I guess it could be a later kickoff because it's out west but I still don't like it. Just my opinion.
    You say that like we're the only team who's ever had to play a game on Friday night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    You say that like we're the only team who's ever had to play a game on Friday night.
    You are correct. This puts us in the category with a lot of Conference USA teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    If only there were some kind of recording device to delay viewing of live events.
    I'm aware you can record games and view them later but I prefer to watch live. That's why I said in my post that it was my opinion. If you want to congratulate Stricklin for us playing on the same night as C-USA, the MAC, and the AAC that would be your opinion.

vCash
    You are correct. This puts us in the category with a lot of Conference USA teams.
    Not even including rivalry weekend, 13 P5 teams played on Friday last year, including Florida State, Michigan State, Baylor, Stanford, and USCw.

vCash
    We should re-schedule our home game with them to Sunday.

Banned
    vCash
    This was GREAT scheduling, even before this news. Now, we get a prime TV spot for it.

I'm guessing that you are unaware of the current OOC scheduling rule put in place by the SEC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Not even including rivalry weekend, 13 P5 teams played on Friday last year, including Florida State, Michigan State, Baylor, Stanford, and USCw.
    I still would rather not play on Friday. Maybe I'm just moving into the blue hairs category and I just don't like change. Had to happen to me eventually.

vCash
    This year's schedule was a major blunder no matter how you slice it. This should never happen to an sec school.

Are we the only school that allowed the P5 scheduling mandate bite us in the ass to the run of 6 home games? If so, that shows how well we managed vs the other schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    This year's schedule was a major blunder no matter how you slice it. This should never happen to an sec school.

Are we the only school that allowed the P5 scheduling mandate bite us in the ass to the run of 6 home games? If so, that shows how well we managed vs the other schools.
    Exactly......

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

The problem was getting games we could win. We've had a road game on the schedule every year for a while, and we had to have known that the P5 opponents would demand a return game. We could have gone on the road or a gotten a neutral site opponent pretty easily, but the AD wanted Ws. I don't blame them.

Some of you can bitch about anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    We should re-schedule our home game with them to Sunday.
    Then that would be one game we miss out on. We would be cutting off our own dicks with that call. It's not about Money with BYU.

vCash
    This is what happens when you are a member of the most powerful football conference. Teams like USM and now BYU are going to screw with you and seek every advantage and inconvenience when playing you. Hell, they're probably STILL having nightmares of Dicenzo Miller running for touchdowns in Provo.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***