Thread: Perhaps the NCAA is regrowing their balls

vCash

Perhaps the NCAA is regrowing their balls

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...mic-misconduct

Excerpts from the article:

The NCAA's head of enforcement told the Chronicle?s Brad Wolverton that it is investigating 20 schools for academic misconduct.

The NCAA declined to name any of the schools they are investigating, but says 18 of them are in Division I, with one each in Division II and Division III.

The NCAA plans to hire more staff to an academic-integrity group.

"The timing is right to dedicate more resources to this," Katherine Sulentic, the chair of that academic-integrity group, said. "Everyone's antenna is up about academic fraud on a college campus in general."

vCash
    Uh oh, Old Hugh's nuts must be sucked up into his gut pouch right about now! Honestly, I hope that sorry snake oil selling piece of shit ends up with a multi year show cause.

vCash
    I hope when the shit hits the fan Bucky won't be able to get the mascot job at Oregon State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I hope when the shit hits the fan Bucky won't be able to get the mascot job at Oregon State!
    There's always girls high school BB .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    He'll just get his late night segment back on TBN.

...and all of God's people said..

vCash

vCash
    Nope , money has gotten too big to rock the boat. The NCAA is now just a facade and that article is just blah blah blah to convince the public that amateur athletics still realy exist at the D1 level.

vCash
    Those GIFs just made my day. Hilarious

Banned
    vCash
    Best Damn GIF thread ever!!

vCash
    Damn Sleepy - that bottom gif has so much win going on in it, I can't process it all. What's up with the guy turning backflips in the back? Hahahahaha.

Rep points on the way.

vCash
    UNC was found to have done some pretty crazy stuff, and they essentially got not penalty.

Anyone waiting and hoping for Ole Miss to get the hammer will almost certainly be disappointed.

vCash
    Have they announce UNC's sanctions yet?

vCash
    If the NCAA doesn't come down hard on OM it will be open season throughout the P5 and especially in the SEC. "The spice must flow!"
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritual_machine2005 View Post
    Have they announce UNC's sanctions yet?
    Looks like they were ready to announce the penalties but UNC told them that they had discovered more infractions so that has delayed the penalty phase.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quick...caa-violations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    What's up with the guy turning backflips in the back?
    Holy crap! Is that Bernie Sanders?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    UNC was found to have done some pretty crazy stuff, and they essentially got not penalty.

Anyone waiting and hoping for Ole Miss to get the hammer will almost certainly be disappointed.
    Cant get penalties with the investigation still on going. UNC hasn't concluded yet but should be very close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    Looks like they were ready to announce the penalties but UNC told them that they had discovered more infractions so that has delayed the penalty phase.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quick...caa-violations
    That's correct. But that should wrap it up unless UNC has more infractions to turn over. That's a mess and they will probably be hit very hard. On the academic side, SACS has already came down on them and are on probation. Which for a school that is considered to have high standards, especially with research, that's a big black eye. They will be reevaluated again in a year. If it gets bad enough that SACS pulls accreditation, they will be in bad shape. They shouldn't because of the rest of the acedemic work at the school will probably keep them accredited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Cant get penalties with the investigation still on going. UNC hasn't concluded yet but should be very close.
    Oh, I'm dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Oh, I'm dumb.
    No biggie. A lot of people have confused the SACS penalties with it being the NCAA penalties. The problem is, I don't know how they are going to penalize the different programs since it was so rampant and available for regular students as well. Like I said, it's a mess of epic academic fraud.