Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me, or is WWE just dead?

Banned
    vCash

Is it me, or is WWE just dead?

By dead, I mean the atmosphere on Raw. Absolutely zero electricity. I mean, it's freaking nearly silent when the likes of Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar enter the arena.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    By dead, I mean the atmosphere on Raw. Absolutely zero electricity. I mean, it's freaking nearly silent when the likes of Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar enter the arena.
    "professional wrestling" still exists????
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    "professional wrestling" still exists????
    Can you believe it? A form of entertainment not called Alabama football. Who da think it??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Can you believe it? A form of entertainment not called Alabama football. Who da think it??
    that's an excellent point... I can only hope College Football doesn't succumb to the same fate when MDL's Dynasty ends in the c.2020s...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    WWE is why they still do it doggy style in Alabama. In that position they both can watch it.

vCash
    A lot of their top stars are injured right now. (Cena, Rollins, Orton, etc.) There is also a lack of roster depth. Their creative team needs an enema.

Banned
    vCash
    I liked it in the 90's when Dx was going strong. Actually took my son to one in Huntsville a few months back. He didnt really get in to it though. Like you said it was kind of boring

vCash
    They are also in competition with no one right now. They were in competition with WCW in the 90s and they were giving pay-per-view level shows every Monday night. That is no longer the case and they have become complacent. 50-50 booking is also hurting the industry.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    My thoughts exactly

vCash
    They haven't built up new stars. HHH is doing a good job with NXT, but Vince still runs the main roster. They are now trying to bring in some independent and foreign stars like Shinsuke Nakamura, A.J. Styles, Karl Anderson, and Doc Gallows.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    They need a Hogan, a Rock, a Stone Cold, a Kevin Nash, a Nature Boy, an Undertaker, a Mankind, a Jericho, a HHH, a Macho Man, and a drunken Scott Hall. We had almost all of that on a nightly basis. Now they have John Cena who is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I've tried to watch it for about 5-10 minutes in the last year or two and it's awful compared to what it was. The matches are terrible.

vCash
    That's what the Nkemdiche brothers should do once the little one "burns" out of the NFL. Just think of all of the WWE t-shirts in the grove with the "Junkie" brothers front and center.

vCash
    Actually the Oxford Messiah would be their manager, thus the name would be the "Altar Boys"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    They need a Hogan, a Rock, a Stone Cold, a Kevin Nash, a Nature Boy, an Undertaker, a Mankind, a Jericho, a HHH, a Macho Man, and a drunken Scott Hall. We had almost all of that on a nightly basis. Now they have John Cena who is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I've tried to watch it for about 5-10 minutes in the last year or two and it's awful compared to what it was. The matches are terrible.
    The problem is that Vince has been slow to change with the times. They also aren't going back to the attitude era due to their sponsors. It is a very kid friendly product. Their work with children and troops is outstanding though. The NXT show on their network is must watch. It is ran by HHH and feels more like wrestling than entertainment
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    How many times have they done the management/ownership against the lone hero story line? Plus, you can pretty much call the winner of every match with about 90% accuracy. Most of the time you can call how the match will end. If they're trying to push both guys you know it will end with a DQ with a run in. No main guy is ever going to lose in the lead up to a PPV. Y'all are right. It is boring now for the most part. I have fallen asleep during the middle of the show when they have all the low card guys in there. I know they can't go back to the almost R rated material they did back in the 90's, but they could at least trying to recapture that attitude. We haven't had a new member in the Vince McMahon Kiss my Ass Club in a long time.

vCash
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    The problem is that Vince has been slow to change with the times. They also aren't going back to the attitude era due to their sponsors. It is a very kid friendly product. Their work with children and troops is outstanding though. The NXT show on their network is must watch. It is ran by HHH and feels more like wrestling than entertainment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    How many times have they done the management/ownership against the lone hero story line? Plus, you can pretty much call the winner of every match with about 90% accuracy. Most of the time you can call how the match will end. If they're trying to push both guys you know it will end with a DQ with a run in. No main guy is ever going to lose in the lead up to a PPV. Y'all are right. It is boring now for the most part. I have fallen asleep during the middle of the show when they have all the low card guys in there. I know they can't go back to the almost R rated material they did back in the 90's, but they could at least trying to recapture that attitude. We haven't had a new member in the Vince McMahon Kiss my Ass Club in a long time.
    Try out the network for free and watch NXT. I think you'll like it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    This.
    Are you apart of the MCL in Jackson? They've taken over Toys 4 Tots now that we no longer have a unit in Jackson

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    They are also in competition with no one right now. They were in competition with WCW in the 90s and they were giving pay-per-view level shows every Monday night. That is no longer the case and they have become complacent. 50-50 booking is also hurting the industry.
    I think this is the biggest thing. Like another poster said, they've really made it kid-friendly which is good, however you can do both. Wrestling was great in the 80s and early 90s and was more kid-friendly back then too. They don't have to go back to the DX and Stone Cold stuff to make it better.

Banned
    vCash
    They're afraid to offend anyone. Through the '80's, you regularily had Russian and Arab heels, with the occasional oriental bad guy.

Once spoke to a guy who was trying to break into the business. I told him, "You wanna be big in WWE? Become Al-Queda Pete, with your signature move being the "Car Bomb", and hide weapons in your "suicide vest"." He replied that they wouldn't go anywhere near that.