Thread: Tennessee game this weekend

vCash

Tennessee game this weekend

What do you guys think we have to do to win this game? Note that Tennessee hasn't won a true road game this year. Our last home game we almost beat A&M. Will the students pack the Hump? Will we have a good crowd there? Will our team play together? It appears our team is continuing to get better if we can reduce the turnovers and rebound better. I say we win this weekend 75-65 and get that first win in the SEC out of the way.

vCash
    #packthehump
    Team has competed well in losses at times. In both road games we have gone on extended cold streaks causing us to fall behind in a big way, and clawed back to a respectable score. Can we be more consistent at home?
    The next two weekends are huge. I'm ready to BTHO Ole Miss in something.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    #packthehump
    Team has competed well in losses at times. In both road games we have gone on extended cold streaks causing us to fall behind in a big way, and clawed back to a respectable score. Can we be more consistent at home?
    The next two weekends are huge. I'm ready to BTHO Ole Miss in something.
    We need to start playing more man. If we zone om all day, moody may hit 10+ 3's on us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    What do you guys think we have to do to win this game? Note that Tennessee hasn't won a true road game this year. Our last home game we almost beat A&M. Will the students pack the Hump? Will we have a good crowd there? Will our team play together? It appears our team is continuing to get better if we can reduce the turnovers and rebound better. I say we win this weekend 75-65 and get that first win in the SEC out of the way.
    The Students will be there. For ever no I've heard two yesses about going.

Like Msstate7 said we need to play man, but the reason we don't play man is that IJ Ready is terrible at defense. The only reason Ready plays is that he brings the ball up better and is less likely to turn it over than anyone else.

We win if Ready sits a lot more than usual. We win if we play more man and he isn't taking shots from other players.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We need to start playing more man. If we zone om all day, moody may hit 10+ 3's on us
    Tennessee can shoot 3s well. They aren't very tall down low but they aren't small if that makes since. Armani Moore is only 6'4 but he's built like a LB and can jump out the gym.

vCash
    We can't play man to man or Coach Howland would be playing it. We lost to a friggin SWAC team playing man to man. The zone is improving every game, just look at how well the dawgs played in Lexington. Not everyone can shoot lights out like Arkansas did and Howland made adjustments for the Kentucky game. I believe we win this weekend and next weekend. I'll sure be there. How about you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitthedawg View Post
    We can't play man to man or Coach Howland would be playing it. We lost to a friggin SWAC team playing man to man. The zone is improving every game, just look at how well the dawgs played in Lexington. Not everyone can shoot lights out like Arkansas did and Howland made adjustments for the Kentucky game. I believe we win this weekend and next weekend. I'll sure be there. How about you?
    Our man defense was the best it's been all year at the end of the Kentucky game. I'm not saying man 100%, but we don't need to zone 100% either. We need a good mix.

Banned
    vCash
    Our man defense was the best it's been all year at the end of the Kentucky game. I'm not saying man 100%, but we don't need to zone 100% either. We need a good mix.
    Maybe our man was decent vs UK but that'd be the only time all year. Ware can not play man. He will foul out and give up 30 layups. Then our lineup gets much much worse with him gone.

vCash
    We need a full house for the recruits in town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    We need a full house for the recruits in town.
    And for the basketball team haha

If Malik is on the fence with coming back, playing in front of an empty house may push him to leave

vCash
    I think we need to mix up our looks on D. Play some man and play some zone.

I hope we go small with Fred at the 4. It hurts our rebounding slightly, but we looked a lot better with him out there than Daniels or Zuppardo. Just someone please remind Fred his is responsible for inbounding the ball after a made basket. He seems to forget nearly every time.

vCash
    You sure our students will be back? Was thinking school started back next week. If so, I figure most students will come back Sunday and Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    You sure our students will be back? Was thinking school started back next week. If so, I figure most students will come back Sunday and Monday.
    Class started this week.

Sources: I'm sitting in Allen hall right now about to start class.

vCash
    I can't remember was IJ in there? I remember that Q was, so maybe Malik was the point?

vCash
    Answer to first question....we need to rebound and limit turnovers.

As for attendance, can't speak for the rest, but my 8 seats will be filled.

As a side note, it will be interesting to see if Ray Kasongo sees any action. His YTD stats don't indicate that he is contributing at this point. Most will remember a lot of bellyaching around here when BH "let him get away". If the stats are any indication, looks like BH demonstrated pretty good judgment with him.

Banned
    vCash
    BH didn't let Kasongo get away he just picked UT over us but your point is valid. Kasongo looks to be a bust so far. I haven't seen him play during any UT game I've watched. We could still use him right now though. We are getting almost nothing from the 4 spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    BH didn't let Kasongo get away he just picked UT over us but your point is valid. Kasongo looks to be a bust so far. I haven't seen him play during any UT game I've watched. We could still use him right now though. We are getting almost nothing from the 4 spot.
    Don't think he had much of a choice in picking someone other than us...BH told me "we don't want him" in those exact words right before he committed to TN. Apparently he didn't show up on time for several meetings when he was on campus and sent other character flags up the pole on the same visit. We don't need that crap!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    I can't remember was IJ in there? I remember that Q was, so maybe Malik was the point?
    Surprisingly, ij was in there

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Don't think he had much of a choice in picking someone other than us...BH told me "we don't want him" in those exact words right before he committed to TN. Apparently he didn't show up on time for several meetings when he was on campus and sent other character flags up the pole on the same visit. We don't need that crap!
    Renardo 2.0