Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ULL sanctions are out, and they are a damn slap on the wrist for ULL...

vCash

ULL sanctions are out, and they are a damn slap on the wrist for ULL...

They lose 3 scholarships for two years and can only have have 80 on scholarship for one year.

Saunders gets an 8 year show cause because he didn't cooperate.

If the bears get that, they will be laughing their ass off.

here is the link:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...-unethically-0

vCash
    Vacated wins for ineligible players too...

Like I've said all along -- it's the threat of repeat offenders that's the key. That's in place for 7 years for ULL

vCash
    They agreed to the self imposed sanctions and it's 11 scholarships total. Plus additional 2 years probation time. This is exactly what most figured since the were very cooperative with the investigation.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-12-2016 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    While I don't expect OM to get much, don't forget that OM has had widespread trouble in their athletic department. It's not just Saunders and academic fraud at OM. It's several other things across multiple sports.

vCash
    The fact that they had a player admit to a cash payment from Saunders was key. That is what got us in the past as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    While I don't expect OM to get much, don't forget that OM has had widespread trouble in their athletic department. It's not just Saunders and academic fraud at OM. It's several other things across multiple sports.
    Correct. The NCAA's approach to OM shows almost without a doubt that they are going after institutional control. Think about it -- they didn't give our baseball and basketball programs rectal exams when they were here for Redmond. And the ULL sanctions are only slightly more severe than ours were.

The question is -- can they get institutional control. If they can, their punishments will be alot more severe. But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

vCash
    That was a fast investigation and announcement of sanctions.

If I were Ole Miss I'd be concerned, 3 plus years and no announcements yet.
    Saunders is tied to their program and the issues with Tunsil and other players in addition to Track and Women's BB team, yeah I'd be getting a bit nervous.

vCash
    It seemed like they were in some pretty deep shit with women's basketball and I know they had something fishy going on with their women's track team (seemed like a coach slept with a player). Not sure what is taking so long with the women's basketball sanctions as that happened a while back and I thought they caught them pretty red handed.

vCash
    Plus Saunders was hammered. One of the longest show causes in history.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    Fact of the matter is this. I was told by a source very close to ULL that the NCAA agreed to their self imposed penalties and they did. But Saunders was used as the scale goat by OM. And he retaliated. This ain't over for OM by a long shot. Saunders didn't roll over on Hud. But if I am OM. I would be very very worried

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    It went fast cause ULL cooperated and gave them the big fish they wanted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    It seemed like they were in some pretty deep shit with women's basketball and I know they had something fishy going on with their women's track team (seemed like a coach slept with a player). Not sure what is taking so long with the women's basketball sanctions as that happened a while back and I thought they caught them pretty red handed.
    Only thing that makes sense is the ncaa is lumping women's basketball with football. Who knows though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    That was a fast investigation and announcement of sanctions.

If I were Ole Miss I'd be concerned, 3 plus years and no announcements yet.
    Saunders is tied to their program and the issues with Tunsil and other players in addition to Track and Women's BB team, yeah I'd be getting a bit nervous.
    I see it differently. ULL had a player admit to receiving cash, I think the bears have their guys on tighter leashes. They basically found 5 cases of academic fraud, and they get hit with 3 scholarship reductions for two years? That is nothing. If Im a ULL fan, Id be thrilled with this penalty.

Also, I was hoping to see reference to the phrase "another member institution" throughout the report. That is code for Ole Miss. In a 33 page report, they are only mentioned 7 times and primarily to discuss where these recruits came from.

Im not through reading the 33 page report, just did a search for that phrase, because that is all I really care about, but I have to admit Im not happy.

vCash
    Ultimately -- this clears Hud though. He's now on the same plane as Dan in that matter...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Ultimately -- this clears Hud though. He's now on the same plane as Dan in that matter...
    Does it follow him though? I think it would. Then again, these are such minor penalties, that maybe its forgotten by next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Replacement in place... Maybe. Start winning again, hud

vCash
    Front page

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I see it differently. ULL had a player admit to receiving cash, I think the bears have their guys on tighter leashes. They basically found 5 cases of academic fraud, and they get hit with 3 scholarship reductions for two years? That is nothing. If Im a ULL fan, Id be thrilled with this penalty.

Also, I was hoping to see reference to the phrase "another member institution" throughout the report. That is code for Ole Miss. In a 33 page report, they are only mentioned 7 times and primarily to discuss where these recruits came from.

Im not through reading the 33 page report, just did a search for that phrase, because that is all I really care about, but I have to admit Im not happy.
    It's 11 scholarships. They already self imposed 5 for this year. And the NCAA have them additional probation besides the self imposed as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It's 11 scholarships. They already self imposed 5 for this year. And the NCAA have them additional probation besides the self imposed as well.
    Yeah, but moving forward they only lose 3 this next year and 3 the following year. We lost 4 scholarships and lost Will Redmond for 18 games. When you look at scope of the allegations against ULL and what was admitted and found out, I just think that the penalties were minor compared to what I thought was going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Yeah, but moving forward they only lose 3 this next year and 3 the following year. We lost 4 scholarships and lost Will Redmond for 18 games. When you look at scope of the allegations against ULL and what was admitted and found out, I just think that the penalties were minor compared to what I thought was going to happen.
    Why? We already knew the bulk of the penalties from the self imposed portion. NCAA usually doesn't hammer a school much harder unless they were uncooperative. That they actually added an additional 2 years probation above the self imposed is still pretty lengthy. And they hammered the heck out of Saunders.