Thread: I just looked it up, Malik is only

vCash

I just looked it up, Malik is only

averaging 9.8 shots per game. Steph Curry averaged 20 shots a game at Davidson. Jimmer Fredette took 20 a game at BYU. We have GOT to get Malik more shots. He needs to be averaging 16-17 shots per game.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    It's hard when IJ is jacking it up from all over the court

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    averaging 9.8 shots per game. Steph Curry averaged 20 shots a game at Davidson. Jimmer Fredette took 20 a game at BYU. We have GOT to get Malik more shots. He needs to be averaging 16-17 shots per game.
    No he's not. Everywhere I've seen it has him at 13.3 & has been 16 or 19 the last 2 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    It's hard when IJ is jacking it up from all over the court
    IJ has gotten better bout that & has been passing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    No he's not. Everywhere I've seen it has him at 13.3 & has been 16 or 19 the last 2 games.
    Read my post again and figure it out.

vCash
    Well Malik hit the big 3 to give us the brief lead but he made some poor plays after that including bricking 2 free throws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well Malik hit the big 3 to give us the brief lead but he made some poor plays after that including bricking 2 free throws.
    bricking 2 free throws isn't a poor play or decision. He's a great free throw shooter, he just choked. I still want him to be the guy with the ball in his hands either taking the shot, going to the basket, or creating for a teammate.

vCash
    bricking 2 free throws isn't a poor play or decision. He's a great free throw shooter, he just choked. I still want him to be the guy with the ball in his hands either taking the shot, going to the basket, or creating for a teammate.
    Did the same thing at end of southern game... He has to hit those

vCash
    I hate to break it to you but at this point I don't think he is remotely close to a Steph Curry or Fredette as a Freshman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea those 2 ft's were bad. So were the two lobs he threw over the backboard they missed so badly. He threw away enough pts to almost negate all those he scored.

Banned
    vCash
    He certainly hasn't been a great free throw shooter in college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    He certainly hasn't been a great free throw shooter in college.
    I guess shooting 70% at the FT line isn't good. Sure, he could improve quite a bit but 70% isn't bad. Your synopsis on Holman is not right either. He is going to be a great player for us as he matures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    Yea those 2 ft's were bad. So were the two lobs he threw over the backboard they missed so badly. He threw away enough pts to almost negate all those he scored.
    He had two turnovers and two Assists. That evens out. If you want to know the real culprit look no further then Chicken "turnover" Sword who contributed 7 points and 5 turnovers. The above would be true if you were talking about Chicken.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I guess shooting 70% at the FT line isn't good. Sure, he could improve quite a bit but 70% isn't bad. Your synopsis on Holman is not right either. He is going to be a great player for us as he matures.
    Holman got a whole lotta maturing to do then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Holman got a whole lotta maturing to do then.
    Can't believe I agree with you, but I do.

Both Malik and Holman need to mature. Malik would benefit from an extra year under the Howland system. Granted, there's a whole lot of season left, but right now, he needs to stay.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He had two turnovers and two Assists. That evens out. If you want to know the real culprit look no further then Chicken "turnover" Sword who contributed 7 points and 5 turnovers. The above would be true if you were talking about Chicken.
    Lets just leave it that he had a bad night. His driving and getting to the free throw line is usually an asset.