Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucky just got a raise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statefan View Post
    and maybe even Sumlin....
    Dan is better than Sumlin. Is that even debatable at this point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RealHastings View Post
    Dan is better than Sumlin. Is that even debatable at this point?
    Dan won in 2010(with UofH on their 3rd string QB) and 2014.
    Sumlin won in 2009 (yeah, I know CUSA refs), 2012, 2013, and 2015.
    Yes. It is debatable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yep on Dan gets an extension and a raise. It was a 9 win season guys. Some of y'all are totally out of touch with reality.
    If no one agrees with you, it's probably not the entire board that is out of touch with reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Dan won in 2010(with UofH on their 3rd string QB) and 2014.
    Sumlin won in 2009 (yeah, I know CUSA refs), 2012, 2013, and 2015.
    Yes. It is debatable.
    I thought Briles was their coach in 2009?

vCash
    He's talking about when he was at Houston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If no one agrees with you, it's probably not the entire board that is out of touch with reality.
    I agree with him. Some of you have gone full idiot since losing to Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    I agree too....pay the man and give the assistant pool a big increase.... our fan base can afford it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    We have the best coach in the SEC, other than Saban. We have been to SIX straight bowl games! We were #1! Mullen has turned down several elite coaching jobs. Freeze has not accomplished any of this. Mullen should have his base raised to $4,700,000.06, at a minimum.
    Wow. Does not compute

vCash
    We probably need to go ahead and bump Dan to 6M. Might stop him from looking around, I mean stop big programs from trying to steal him. And we don't need to pay assistants a dime more. Dan can win with any ol' assistant.

vCash
    It didn't take long for a thread about Freeze getting a raise to turn into a bash Mullen thread. This shit is just getting sickening at this point.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    he deserves it

vCash
    He won the sugar bowl..... His raise was deserved along with the assistants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It didn't take long for a thread about Freeze getting a raise to turn into a bash Mullen thread. This shit is just getting sickening at this point.
    This.

Dammit, boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I wonder how much the "Oxford Messiah" is giving back to his church??
    I think $180,000 is the going rate for most small Southern churches. ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    My definition of "full idiot" is people being OK with the team and program underachieving because we had a better record than we did in 1969.

vCash
    We probably need to go ahead and bump Dan to 6M. Might stop him from looking around, I mean stop big programs from trying to steal him. And we don't need to pay assistants a dime more. Dan can win with any ol' assistant.
    If anything has been proven this offseason, Dan is already out of most programs price range as it is. It won't stop him from looking around but it's highly doubtful anyone will be willing to pay him what we are- unless he starts winning more big games and winning games with significant ramifications on the line.

And I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to pay the assistants more? Especially since that would help us much more than just simply giving Dan a raise. Paying high salaries to assistants is how you get quality play callers and recruiters. Something we need desperately and would only help Dan.

vCash
    My definition of "full idiot" is people being OK with the team and program underachieving because we had a better record than we did in 1969.
    Define "underachieving".

vCash
    If anything has been proven this offseason, Dan is already out of most programs price range as it is. It won't stop him from looking around but it's highly doubtful anyone will be willing to pay him what we are- unless he starts winning more big games and winning games with significant ramifications on the line.

And I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to pay the assistants more? Especially since that would help us much more than just simply giving Dan a raise. Paying high salaries to assistants is how you get quality play callers and recruiters. Something we need desperately and would only help Dan.
    Come on Todd. Next you will be advocating for a OC or even worse, a ST coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    Define "underachieving".
    Having a Heisman candidate at QB with a team of upperclassmen including three guys that left for the NFL early and only winning 8 games with one of them over a SEC team that had a winning record during the regular season while only making the Belk Bowl.

vCash
    Come on Todd. Next you will be advocating for a OC or even worse, a ST coach.
    That's your response as to why we shouldn't pay our assistants more?