Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Jan 6 - Official MSU vs #17 Texas A&M Basketball Thread - Welcome Stansbury back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yup. Ready is a cancer...you can tell. Maybe I'm wrong, but he comes across as the ring leader of the "gotta quit letting these Freshmen take our spotlight" club.
    I will agree with you there. I thought they had learned but apparently I was wrong. That was a win we should have gotten. They'll blow us out in College Station. We should have blown them out in Starkville but we quit running our offense and we didn't get Ware involved early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState39110 View Post
    SEC Network just showed a stat that we lead the nation at 0-4 in games decided by 5 points or less . At least we are consistent at choking down the stretch
    Well of course. When you consider Ready screwed us on two of those losses (Southern, UMKC) and Sword tonight when had we involved Q and Newman odds are good that stat is 4-0.

vCash
    Rick Ray tried to sell the promise of crushed gonads to our players for winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    This is asinine. We are a great shooting team. We are second in the league next to A&M shooting the ball. Only problem was we played down to A&M early and allowed this to be a game. We didn't even get the ball into Ware's hands in the first half and he was shut out in the first half. We just settled for crappy threes. We played offensively like we did against Southern instead of running out offense getting it down to Ware and letting him work or pass it out for a better wide open three. Instead, we just shot threes. This is a broken record though in the Southern game, UMKC, and now this one.
    You read too much into early season stats. Also shooting isn't the only component of offense. There is a reason we settled for crappy threes tonight. Like I said, it is what it is.

vCash
    Sword did make a horrible decision at the end, but he made a great play to tie it the possession before.

Hopefully they get it going vs Arkansas

vCash
    Chicken made a bout Five really good plays at the end and then the shitty one at the very end. Travis and Ready just sux.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I say screw it and play Howland's style (man-to-man) the rest of the year with Malik, Q, and Holman starting. We aren't going to postseason anyway. Hopefully Malik comes back, but if not Q and Holman will know how to play Howland's defense
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how Holman was a top 100 player. He has looked very poor early on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how Holman was a top 100 player. He has looked very poor early on.
    He is coming off a fairly big injury... Hopefully he starts showing something soon

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He is coming off a fairly big injury... Hopefully he starts showing something soon
    Yea I realize that but he can't jump, he's bean pole thin and he seems lost on where to be. His natural instinct is to gravitate to the 3 point line which I have no idea why after that 3 he jacked up tonight it looks like he can't shoot either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Yea I realize that but he can't jump, he's bean pole thin and he seems lost on where to be. His natural instinct is to gravitate to the 3 point line which I have no idea why after that 3 he jacked up tonight it looks like he can't shoot either.
    As he gets healthy, he will look much much better. He has a ton of upside and in the next couple of years will be a great player for us.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    As he gets healthy, he will look much much better. He has a ton of upside and in the next couple of years will be a great player for us.
    He must not be healthy at all then. I'm not sure it's wise to play a player as unhealthy as Holman is right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I feel like we showed a lot of fight tonight. Hope they don't get too discouraged over the L. A&M is a good team, & if we play that hard in every game, we'll have a decent Conference record IMO.

I agree. Like a lot of what I saw. I feel that we lost because Newman's shooting was off. That layup miss at 21-13 was huge.