Thread: Hateful Eight

vCash

Hateful Eight

What did y'all think of it?

I'm sad to say, though it had its moments, I felt it might be QT's weakest film.

Banned
    vCash
    Not giving my money to that bastard.

vCash
    I saw it, mixed thoughts about the movie. I think it would be a better play than a movie. I wouldn't pay to see it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think it would be a better play than a movie.
    I literally thought the same thing. I knew going in that it would be dialog driven, with a bunch of guys just hanging out in a room together. I generally love QT's use of dialog, particularly how seemingly trivial conversations can make the scene, either with humor or suspense, but here much of it felt a tad superfluous. Also, how many times do we have to watch the stagecoach approach from far away?

I don't automatically dislike long movies, as long as I'm gripped from start to finish (e.g., Django, Wolf of Wall Street, The Godfather, etc.), but that wasn't the case with Hateful Eight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Not giving my money to that bastard.
    You will be missed***

vCash
    Great character in the movie, had some mystery, but Samuel Jackson telling Bruce Dern about him knowing his son was a little over the edge. I thought the character Kurt Russell played was humorous but the girl (I forgot her name) was really good. She had great expressions and funny.

vCash
    Every time I see Bruce Dern I think of the following exchange:

John Wayne (Wil Anderson) says, "I'm thirty years older than you are. I had my back broke once, and my hip twice. And on my worst day I could beat the hell out of you." To which Bruce Dern (Asa Watts) replies, "I don't think so." Anderson counters with "You will."
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Every time I see Bruce Dern I think of the following exchange:

John Wayne (Wil Anderson) says, "I'm thirty years older than you are. I had my back broke once, and my hip twice. And on my worst day I could beat the hell out of you." To which Bruce Dern (Asa Watts) replies, "I don't think so." Anderson counters with "You will."
    I haven't seen that flick in forever, but you've just reminded me I need to. Gracias, lol.

Banned
    vCash
    Movie was weak. 3 hours of dialogue and about 10,000 uses of the n word. I enjoyed the "road show" aspect to it though. It had zero trailers and instead it had a musical overture. You got a program and it had an intermission. I enjoyed that twist to it but I'd rank it near the bottom of his eight movies. I think filming it all on the 1960 camera must have limited their traveling because about 90% of the movie takes place inside the cabin.