Thread: SEC: Only Conference with a true winning record in the Bowls

vCash

SEC: Only Conference with a true winning record in the Bowls

The SEC was 7-2 against P5 opponents. The only other conference with a winning record against the P5 was the ACC, which was 4-2 but managed to lose two to Group of 5 (G5) opponents.

SEC 7-2 against P5
    B10 4-5
    B12 2-4
    ACC 4-2*
    PAC 2-5

PAC was 4-0 against G5. The SEC and B10 were both 1-0 and the ACC was 1-2. I counted Notre Dame as P5.

vCash
    But the SEC West (ahem...6-1) was forever and for all time dethroned and exposed in 2014****
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    That's been the narrative all year here. We should have placed higher in a down west. We might should have but the west dang sure wasn't down. Nor was it last year despite the bowl record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    But the SEC West (ahem...6-1) was forever and for all time dethroned and exposed in 2014****
    ****ing A&M. We better not lose to them next year.

vCash
    People only say the West is "down" because Auburn is a little "down", despite going 9-3 last year I think, and LSU has been mired in "mediocrity". Otherwise, it's the same as it always is, if not better, except that the Mississippi schools aren't planted at the bottom.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    And they still almost won with a 3rd String QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They were a completely different team once their starter got hurt. I also felt like our offense was still trying to find it's rhythm. But yeah if we'd played them in November I think we would have beaten them pretty easily.

I hope we have our shit together earlier next year.