Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hahaha- now someone saying..

vCash

hahaha- now someone saying..

It's Mel Tucker...gotta love this time of year. I like Tucker more than Allen truth be told. Supposedly we'll all know by Tuesday at the latest

Nobody is saying its Orgeron though. Interesting
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Dan wont hire Tucker... Dan seems like a person who would always ensure he had the best credentials in the room. Tucker has too much NFL coaching experience.

From Tucker's bio:

Tucker began his coaching career in 1997 as a graduate assistant for the Michigan State University Spartans under head coach Nick Saban. In 1999 he served as a defensive backs coach for the Miami University Redhawks, and then in 2000 followed Saban to Louisiana State University to fill the same position with the LSU Tigers. In 2001 he became defensive backs coach for the Ohio State University Buckeyes under coach Jim Tressel, and in 2004 he was made co-defensive coordinator.

In 2005 Tucker entered the National Football League with the Cleveland Browns. He coached defensive backs from 2005?2007 and was promoted to defensive coordinator in the 2008 season following the firing of Todd Grantham. Under Tucker, Cleveland consistently ranked fifth in the league, with the defense making 73 interceptions. After the firing of Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, Tucker was replaced by Rob Ryan.

In 2009 Tucker was hired by the Jacksonville Jaguars as the defensive coordinator. In the 2011 season head coach Jack Del Rio put Tucker in charge of defensive play-calling, and the team quickly became the fourth highest rated in the NFL. On November 29, 2011, Tucker was named Jacksonville's interim head coach following the firing of Del Rio. He ran the team for their final five games and was in consideration for the job full-time until Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey was named head coach on January 10, 2012. Tucker got his first victory as a head coach in week 14, a 41-14 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He went 2-3 as interim head coach. On January 12, 2012 he informed the media he would return to his position as defensive coordinator for the Jaguars. On January 13, 2012 it was announced that Tucker would also be the assistant head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. On January 18, 2013 Tucker was named defensive coordinator of the Chicago Bears.

Following one of the worst defensive seasons in Bears' history in 2013, Tucker criticized by the media. As a result, team fired two of Tucker's assistant coaches, linebackers coach Tim Tibesar and defensive line coach Mike Phair. The Bears replaced them with Paul Pasqualoni as defensive line coach and Reggie Herring as linebackers coach.

On January 20, 2015, following another record-setting low defensive season for the Bears, Tucker was replaced by former San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio under new head coach John Fox.

On January 26, 2015, it was reported Alabama was hiring Tucker as its DB coach.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    If it's not tucker or Thompson, I'm gonna be disappointed. I think these guys can coach AND improve recruiting

vCash
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's Mel Tucker...gotta love this time of year. I like Tucker more than Allen truth be told. Supposedly we'll all know by Tuesday at the latest

Nobody is saying its Orgeron though. Interesting
    Wait what? Preacher Matt said...........

vCash
    I think we have made a good hire if it Tucker, Allen, or Thompson- all 3 guys are good defensive coaches

vCash
    I think we have made a good hire if it Tucker, Allen, or Thompson- all 3 guys are good defensive coaches
    Agree. Will be happy with either one of those.

vCash
    Yeah none of them are bad options. I lean toward liking Allen best

vCash
    I'm always wary of pro guys. A lot of them have a hard time adjusting to college. Guys like Greg Robinson, Monte Kiffen and Cam Cameron. It's a completely different game especially the time you are allowed to practice and be with the players.

vCash
    How is Tucker as a recruiter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg99 View Post
    How is Tucker as a recruiter?
    I dont know if you can judge any bama coach on recruiting. They dont really have to sell anything, they select moreso than recruit.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm always wary of pro guys. A lot of them have a hard time adjusting to college. Guys like Greg Robinson, Monte Kiffen and Cam Cameron. It's a completely different game especially the time you are allowed to practice and be with the players.
    He's coached at 5 universities including Bama, LSU, and Ohio St

vCash
    How did Mel Tucker go from an NFL DC/ interim HC/ Potential HC candidate to the DB coach at Bama?

vCash
    Tucker or Thompson would be good for yall, IMO...

Tucker did wonders for our 2ndary between '14 & '15... I dunno much about his recruiting prowess, though...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    How did Mel Tucker go from an NFL DC/ interim HC/ Potential HC candidate to the DB coach at Bama?
    He's one of Saban's GAs from Michigan State.

No.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Sacrifice;479760]How did Mel Tucker go from an NFL DC/ interim HC/ Potential HC candidate to the DB coach at Bama?[/QUOT

Probably was still getting paid this year by the Bears when he was let go when they hired Foxx.. and Bama picks him up at a discount price...
    Another reason they are light years ahead of us...

Stuff like this would blow the minds of our AD and decision makers...

vCash
    I honestly don't care who we get. Just hire one of them. Bring in some guys that can run faster than half the ones on our D then we will start seeing a big difference.

vCash
    [QUOTE=mic;479764]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    How did Mel Tucker go from an NFL DC/ interim HC/ Potential HC candidate to the DB coach at Bama?[/QUOT

Probably was still getting paid this year by the Bears when he was let go when they hired Foxx.. and Bama picks him up at a discount price...
    Another reason they are light years ahead of us...

Stuff like this would blow the minds of our AD and decision makers...
    good point, Mic... hell, USC is still paying our OC to shred opposing defenses, I think...

No.

vCash
    So Tucker would coach S and DC? And then we would bring in a LB coach. I would make it happen and bring in Lance, name him RC, LB coach, and Co-DC. Would both be home run hires.
    Last edited by Big4Dawg; 01-03-2016 at 10:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Bring in some guys that can run faster than half the ones on our D then we will start seeing a big difference.
    Some speed on defense would certainly be welcomed. That's one thing I do like about the UMiss defense, they are very fast and aggressive.

vCash
    [QUOTE=TUSK;479771]
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post

good point, Mic... hell, USC is still paying our OC to shred opposing defenses, I think...
    And with all the NFL firings starting today (San Fran head huy just got fired ) and this week ,
    Bama and Saban along with other schools that are always working to get better will scoop up some NFL guys at discount pricing..
    While we sit back and Country Club It Up...
    Last edited by mic; 01-03-2016 at 10:50 PM.