Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting....

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    The "Dan wants to go" and "Dan interviewed for Miami" was greatly exaggerated. I tried to tell the main people banging the drum that. Nobody listened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    The "Dan wants to go" and "Dan interviewed for Miami" was greatly exaggerated. I tried to tell the main people banging the drum that. Nobody listened.
    I think the ones beating that drum are the ones that want Dan to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think the ones beating that drum are the ones that want Dan to go
    May be. I never doubted that they were getting information from someone they trust. I just doubt the person they got the j formation from. I know for a fact that Dan actually only was interested in one job. Georgia. That's it. The "interview" with Miami was a phone call that got nowhere. Media linked him to every open job out there. He wasn't interested in Maryland, Virginia, Hoboken State, or anywhere other then Georgia. And who the hell can blame him for that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandawg View Post
    It amuses me when people say we have to play the game to be successful. Who on this board is going to step up and give the houses and the money to play the game? Who is going to employ the parents and let them work a little or not at all to help play the game? Who on this board is going to do that? I don't tweet and certainly don't have the time or desire to tweet and retweet what a high school senior says...so I ask again, who will?
    And this brings up the million dollar question: does Ole Miss want it more than us?

We have money. We have the people and resources to do what they do, but we choose not to. Why? Do they desire winning more?

In some ways I think Ole Miss is currently benefiting from their alumni that attended the school during or just after the Vaught era, feeling like they are "running out of time" and want to see Ole Miss do something special before they die. After Vaught left, they probably spent 30 years believing they would return to glory, only to see it not happen. Following Nutt, they realized they realized they were all getting older and the time had to be now. So they've gotten desperate.

Our older alumni, with deep pockets, never experienced an era of MSU football like that, so I think they are naturally less optimistic about what can be done.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-19-2015 at 08:35 AM.

vCash
    Let's be real..we're "playing the game"... every team in our conference does..except for vandy..some programs just have a bigger budget and can "play the game" better than others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandawg View Post
    It amuses me when people say we have to play the game to be successful. Who on this board is going to step up and give the houses and the money to play the game? Who is going to employ the parents and let them work a little or not at all to help play the game? Who on this board is going to do that? I don't tweet and certainly don't have the time or desire to tweet and retweet what a high school senior says...so I ask again, who will?
    While I'm not in a position to do it, it ain't that hard to organize - my high school was doing it 25 years ago. We had an All-America QB, and we had key boosters who went out recruiting 4-5 players to "fill-gaps". They got rent free apartments or houses, and if needed a job for a parent so they could live in district. What is unique is the scale at which OM seems to do it.

vCash
    What you say is true, best for Mullen is for MSU to be good....

However Dan is stubborn and I doubt he is comfortable asking our good ole boy power structure for "help". Bracky et al. likely make this harder, but schmoozing is part of it and I bet his introverted controlling nature allow him to justify to himself that he and Hev can coach up some diamonds in the rough. That hasn't worked and we get the results we have gotten against better teams.

Mullen tried to escape and he failed, that to me suggests he probably won't change his approach and we will get more of what we have gotten, which if that is 7-8 wins per year, I am fine with that result. Carry on with recruiting chatter.

Banned
    vCash
    May be. I never doubted that they were getting information from someone they trust. I just doubt the person they got the j formation from. I know for a fact that Dan actually only was interested in one job. Georgia. That's it. The "interview" with Miami was a phone call that got nowhere. Media linked him to every open job out there. He wasn't interested in Maryland, Virginia, Hoboken State, or anywhere other then Georgia. And who the hell can blame him for that
    I can tell you for a fact that he had an offer on the table from Maryland. He likely either turned it down or was noncommittal until he could follow-up on the UGA job and they went another direction. But he was interested enough and had enough talks to get an offer.

vCash
    Back on topic....Whose the next recruit to be a bulldawg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Back on topic....Whose the next recruit to be a bulldawg
    Really hope it's Sullivan first of the week... That'd be a nice Christmas present

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djaymsu5 View Post
    https://twitter.com/brown1arthur/sta...63083237220352

I know AJ is just having fun but damn this is unnecessary.
    How about stop reading what a high school kid tweets...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I can tell you for a fact that he had an offer on the table from Maryland. He likely either turned it down or was noncommittal until he could follow-up on the UGA job and they went another direction. But he was interested enough and had enough talks to get an offer.
    That's not a fact. At best they pitched an offer to the agent (that's iffy depending on who you talk with) and Dan rejected it. He was not interested or had talks with them. The biggest reason we knew so much about Miami was because the Miami prople were talking, a lot. Not Mullen or his agent. And it pissed Stricklin off that they were talking so much.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 12-19-2015 at 11:04 AM.

vCash
    If it was all bullshit, how hard would it have been for Dan to just say, I am not going anywhere, I am happy with MSU. Do that and it is no big deal. I know that Freeze was interested in the Georgia job, but only if he was THE #1 Man. His agent Jimmy Sextent is just better that Dans agent. Face it Dan can't help it, he is an arrogant Yankee, but he is our arrogant Yankee. It is something we have to live with, sort of like biting a persimmon.

vCash
    I am pretty sure Dan did say that. Said I have a job and I am happy. But some want him to say it 49 times a week

vCash
    Lot of "sources" doing a lot of speculating

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    It's ****ing over with. You muther****ers need to just let it go and move on. Same ****ing shit all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djaymsu5 View Post
    https://twitter.com/brown1arthur/sta...63083237220352

I know AJ is just having fun but damn this is unnecessary.
    Good lord look at the UMiss fans replying. They are borderline pedophiles. They are definitely weird, desperate, and clingy, like a whipped girlfriend, but pedophiles? Many could be viable candidates.

Don't ever let one of those pompous goobers tell you they are Godly and love Freeze, because they literally worship these recruits, not God.

I think that would disturb me if I was a recruit. That's just......weird and reeks of desperation.
    Last edited by BossDawg; 12-19-2015 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    I am pretty sure Dan did say that. Said I have a job and I am happy. But some want him to say it 49 times a week
    Glad to hear he said it. But I never saw it. I did see several times where he could have said it but didn't.. The big boys out there that will pay more than four million will never hire Dan until He can beat Teams like Bama, LSU , A&M and now Ole Miss on a fairly regular basis. Beating, Kentucky and Arkansas and the 4 dwarfs won't get you a job At Georgia. Every time Dan has a monumental Game he blows it. In crunch time when the game is on the line he screws the pooch. $hit beat Ole Miss at home and we play in the Sugar Bowl, instead we look like the Little Sisters of the Poor And wind up in the Belk Bowl with the Rebs rubbing our noses in a big pile of dog $hit.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That's not a fact. At best they pitched an offer to the agent (that's iffy depending on who you talk with) and Dan rejected it. He was not interested or had talks with them. The biggest reason we knew so much about Miami was because the Miami prople were talking, a lot. Not Mullen or his agent. And it pissed Stricklin off that they were talking so much.
    I just know there was an offer and Mullen is not the caliber of coach like a Harbaugh or Saban that gets blind offers without anyone at the school wanting to have formal or informal talks with him first to see how he would fit. So either Maryland is really stupid (which is possible) or he had some initial interest. But the offer did happen, whether it was floated to his agent or to him directly is irrelevant. Either way, it is a moot point now. He obviously wasn't interested in the job when all the chips were finally on the table or he could have had it. But I think its shaky at best to say that it was UGA or bust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    Good lord look at the UMiss fans replying. They are borderline pedophiles. They are definitely weird, desperate, and clingy, like a whipped girlfriend, but pedophiles? Many could be viable candidates.

Don't ever let one of those pompous goobers tell you they are Godly and love Freeze, because they literally worship these recruits, not God.

I think that would disturb me if I was a recruit. That's just......weird and reeks of desperation.
    Over 500 likes and comments #Thenetwork# is real lol.