Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DB Coach

vCash
    Absolutely our chance to finish strong is out there. Pulling Sullivan would be huge for our staff. They are busting their ass- let's see if it pays off
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Wish they would bust their ass more consistently at recruiting and not put themselves behind the eight ball having to close strong

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedawg View Post
    Wish they would bust their ass more consistently at recruiting and not put themselves behind the eight ball having to close strong
    That's really my only complaint. It feels like we're always scrambling to find guys at the end of the year, especially those that we should theoretically have locked down. We need to identify a few guys that are the face of the class early on and get them actively recruiting for us. It's not a good look when 2 Starkville kids aren't committed to us, but maybe that's just the perception. That's something else we could improve on as well.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Every school is behind the 8 ball and every school has to close strong. Recruiting isn't done until the fax rolls in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Every school is behind the 8 ball and every school has to close strong. Recruiting isn't done until the fax rolls in.
    Every sec school is not currently ranked in the 50 with all of the upper level targets uncommitted.. It is true every one has to work to keep what they have but no one that is worth a damn has less committed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I doubt it. If we wanted him he'd still be committed.
    I gotcha. I kind of figured that's what happened with that.

vCash
    Im still concerned about O line recruiting. We got lashley and a big time recruit has popped up on the radar but other than that I dont think we addressed it enough.

vCash
    From what I've seen about Allen is he is all tiger but I could be wrong. He's gonna be a redshirt guy but I would love for us to have him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    That's really my only complaint. It feels like we're always scrambling to find guys at the end of the year, especially those that we should theoretically have locked down. We need to identify a few guys that are the face of the class early on and get them actively recruiting for us. It's not a good look when 2 Starkville kids aren't committed to us, but maybe that's just the perception. That's something else we could improve on as well.
    Please explain this to me. Not only you, but a few others have said the same thing. Do you not think they have been recruiting the last year or two on this class and just decided to put the full court press on guys like Knott and AJ? Do you not think they have done everything possible to get guys like this to commit early and help recruit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If we get all the players that we currently lead for, we'll finish between 18-20 in the rankings. If we add a few like Knott, Allen, or Moon, we'll be around 15-18
    This is not going to be a top 20 class. Just ain't going to happen. 22-25 is the absolute best we could hope for and I would be pleased with that. I think we finish around 28.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    This is not going to be a top 20 class. Just ain't going to happen. 22-25 is the absolute best we could hope for and I would be pleased with that. I think we finish around 28.
    I agree, top 20 is a stretch. I will give our coaches credit though, it's not a lack of effort on their part to land these recruits. But some people on this board are acting like the coaches aren't doing shit to get these recruits. Everyone keeps talking about how OM pays this and that, and why we can't do the same. Pony up mother ****ers! I only know a handful of you that could provide for a coach to fly to Texas, drop off $10,000 in cash and tell a recruit that this is what you get for committing now. And when you sign the dotted line, we'll give you $25,000 more. The rest of you can click an ad and quit bitching about recruiting.

vCash
    I can coach an All-american.

vCash
    Wait till next year.

vCash
    You are correct. The kimdasian tunsel and paidwell class was estimated at 1.5 mill.
    If we are to "compete" then we will have to ante up.

Problem is....we have people willing to ante up but our adim isn't. Morally correct but won't win football games.
    t

vCash
    Do not attempt to excuse this situation.

vCash
    Every sec school is not currently ranked in the 50 with all of the upper level targets uncommitted.. It is true every one has to work to keep what they have but no one that is worth a damn has less committed
    No doubt. We are recruiting underachievers.

Your instate rival, that really cannot differentiate itself, dominates you in recruiting. That means there's a problem, and not necessarily with the coaching staff.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Brett Maxie

vCash
    We dont lack for money or people willing to help. What we lack is simply- #TheNetwork

Ole Missus has the leadership in place and the HC works with that leadership to get things done. Their people donate and pull the rope together. We dont have that. We have too many factions wanting to be the leaders. Our basketball Network is 10 times more organized (Thanks Stands) than the football guys.

We lack organization and a HC willing to trust that leadership. And thats not going to change anytime soon. We play the game- but on a much smaller level than most of the big boys of the SEC
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Do not attempt to excuse this situation.
    I remember my first beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We dont lack for money or people willing to help. What we lack is simply- #TheNetwork

Ole Missus has the leadership in place and the HC works with that leadership to get things done. Their people donate and pull the rope together. We dont have that. We have too many factions wanting to be the leaders. Our basketball Network is 10 times more organized (Thanks Stands) than the football guys.

We lack organization and a HC willing to trust that leadership. And thats not going to change anytime soon. We play the game- but on a much smaller level than most of the big boys of the SEC
    Well that 17'n sucks.