Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy or Sell. Mullen's pitch to Chris Jones

vCash

Buy or Sell. Mullen's pitch to Chris Jones

You stay for your senior year, you will get full-time at DE. Chance to show the NFL what you can do at your fav pos. Does stubborn Mullen do this sorda thing in order to help the team for next yea? Imo, I do think he made a deal with Dak before he made his decision to come back.

vCash
    Sell. Jones is gone. Mullen doesn't try to get players to come back if they are projected as high draft picks. It looks better on him the more players he puts in the NFL... especially high draft picks. If it would benefit the player to come back, then he will sit down and discuss all of that with them.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Sell

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    Sell. Jones is gone. Mullen doesn't try to get players to come back if they are projected as high draft picks. It looks better on him the more players he puts in the NFL... especially high draft picks. If it would benefit the player to come back, then he will sit down and discuss all of that with them.

This. Dan has said numerous times that if a player grades out third round or better, he's cool with them leaving. I don't think he actively encourages it, but he does nothing to dissuade them. Which is fair in all honesty.

vCash
    Jones is gone- there is no pitch to be made
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Sell. I wouldn't want CJ to come back & play DE. We'd be better without him, if that's the case.

I want Green, Mullins, Jefferson, Coleman, etc playing DE. We need speed rushers out there, not a DT

vCash

Agreed. Jones as a high pick

hopefully adds more value to landing Simmons. Hopefully anyway.

vCash
    Sold! Appreciate it peeps.

vCash
    When would he have time?

Interviewing for other jobs is full time.

vCash
    If Dak came back under the condition he plays RB, Dan would have said go to the NFL.

Jones isn't an end. He is to slow. He will be inside technique DL in the NFL.

vCash
    Pro Football Focus did a mock draft that has Chris Jones going at the end of the first round. He gone! Particularly with the success Fletcher Cox is having in the NFL.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe we can get Freeze to call him and get him to stay**

Will we ever hear the whole story on why Freeze says that they still talked once Jones has graduated or declared? It was one of the lower class things I've ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    When would he have time?

Interviewing for other jobs is full time.
    What job is Jones interviewing for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Maybe we can get Freeze to call him and get him to stay**

Will we ever hear the whole story on why Freeze says that they still talked once Jones has graduated or declared? It was one of the lower class things I've ever seen.
    Speculation...it was discovered he had had improper contact with Jones during the NCAA investigation. Instead of waiting for it come out after the investigation they spin the information to the public.

vCash
    I think I remember Mullen saying that if they graded out 1st or 2nd round that he would drive them to the airport. If they graded in a later round he'd talk to them about it. This was back when Fletcher Cox left.

vCash
    I got my money on CJ staying. I don't think h'ell go high enough. Another year (if he gets after it and plays to his potential-plays like he finished the year playing) and he could be a very high draft pick next year.
    Same for Wilson. no chance he goes either. both will be back and could blow it up next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    What job is Jones interviewing for?
    I think it was a jab at Mullen interviewing for other coaching jobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    I got my money on CJ staying. I don't think h'ell go high enough. Another year (if he gets after it and plays to his potential-plays like he finished the year playing) and he could be a very high draft pick next year.
    Same for Wilson. no chance he goes either. both will be back and could blow it up next year.
    Jones is not returning and has made this known to our staff
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Jones is not returning and has made this known to our staff
    This....Some can't except it I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This....Some can't except it I guess.
    Actually, they are excepting it. Now accepting it seems to be out of reach....