Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    The problem with the PT is Jar Jar, dialogue, CGI, and complete character break downs. I mean... Padme is a freaking pacifist but she still marries Anakin after he murders all of the sand people (and he tells her point blank)??? Yeah... OK.

So, Anakin does that but then he's ok for another few years before he ultimately snaps? lol wut?
    Anakin killing the sand people was justifiable on many levels though. They tortured and killed his Mom- whom he had to helplessly watch die in his arms. And I'm guessing that Sand People aren't very highly thought of in general when it comes to the Star Wars universe too- they're basically savages and thieves based on how they are presented.

It certainly wasn't the "Jedi Way" but it wasn't like he just woke up and decided to murder a bunch of sand people either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Anakin killing the sand people was justifiable on many levels though. They tortured and killed his Mom- whom he had to helplessly watch die in his arms. And I'm guessing that Sand People aren't very highly thought of in general when it comes to the Star Wars universe too- they're basically savages and thieves based on how they are presented.

It certainly wasn't the "Jedi Way" but it wasn't like he just woke up and decided to murder a bunch of sand people either.
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."

Sorry. Don't buy it. Padme, as a character, valued all life. She wouldn't be cool with Anakin killing every single sand person of that particular tribe just because they had his mom. She wouldn't buy that the children were guilty anyway.

And no, he didn't wake up and decide to murder the sand people, but HE DID MURDER THE SAND PEOPLE.

You don't just shrug that off and decide that you are gonna be a good guy for a few more years. Not in the Star Wars universe anyway.

Keep in mind that Jedi were not supposed to grow attached to anyone or anything. Anakin did that with his mom and Padme. Jedi were not supposed to kill out of hate or revenge. Anakin did that. In short, I guess it could be argued that Anakin was never anything close to a Jedi. So, did the council really f*ck up the prophecy that bad or was the story that bad? I think the story was just that bad. Could the council not sense that Anakin was overly attached to Padme or that he had just murdered dozens (or more) "innocent" lives? The story of the PT was f*cked from the word Jar. That's just the case.
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 12-24-2015 at 02:13 AM.
    LFC YNWA

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Rewatched episode 7 tonight. Two things that I noticed that I didn't notice the first time through that make me think Rey is much more known in the Jedi community than just a random foreigner.
    1) when the first order crewman comes to tell Kylo Ren that the Droid and Fin escaped, he then tells him that a girl was with them. At this point, Kylo draws him in and chokes him and yells "What Girl?" As if he is aware of Rey's existence.

2) At the end after destroying the Death Star and the resistance returning to Leia, Leia is waiting for Rey and they share a huge embrace. However, to that point in the movie they had never met as Rey had been taken hostage by the time Leia entered the picture.

Both of these may be completely insignificant, but it is two things I noticed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    Rewatched episode 7 tonight. Two things that I noticed that I didn't notice the first time through that make me think Rey is much more known in the Jedi community than just a random foreigner.
    1) when the first order crewman comes to tell Kylo Ren that the Droid and Fin escaped, he then tells him that a girl was with them. At this point, Kylo draws him in and chokes him and yells "What Girl?" As if he is aware of Rey's existence.

2) At the end after destroying the Death Star and the resistance returning to Leia, Leia is waiting for Rey and they share a huge embrace. However, to that point in the movie they had never met as Rey had been taken hostage by the time Leia entered the picture.

Both of these may be completely insignificant, but it is two things I noticed.
    I've only seen it once, but I noticed that immediately. I don't think Ben "knows," but I think he definitely suspects. Also worth noting, there's apparently about a 10-year age difference between Ben & Rey. So he's old enough to have at the very least been aware that he had a sister or cousin.

As for 2, I saw a great discussion elsewhere about that exact scene. Random chicks comforting each other after tragedy is just something they do. I wouldn't read too much into that scene based solely on that. However, I think Leia definitely knows who Rey is. I'm thinking a significant conversation occurred between she and Han off-screen that we aren't privy to, at least not yet. I think Han, and probably Leia too, have known who Rey is the whole time. But they appear to be following the formula for the OT, so the big reveal on the protagonist's bloodline won't happen until VIII.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash
    Loved the movie. Didn't love the forced Finn Rey romance angle.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 12-28-2015 at 03:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Loved the movie. Didn't love the forced Finn Rey romance angle.
    They definitely didn't have the chemistry on film. I liked both characters but Fin definitely seemed friend zoned.

vCash
    Not really. Seeing as he helped track down all of the jedi, murdered them, and the dark side was the only thing going for like 30 years. That's not balance.
    It was Luke vs. Vader with very few other Jedi/Sith alive. It was completely balanced. Prior to Vader it was 300 good guys and 1 bad guy. That's not balanced.

vCash
    Rea is Luke's daughter. They basically spell it out for you.

1) Skywalker light saber calls to her. She dreams about the water and the island where Luke is n

2) C3PO says R2D2 hasn't come back on-line since Luke left. That he has very little power left. As soon as Rea hits the ground returning from Death Star II, R2D2 wakes up and shows them the map.

vCash
    Are the plots folllowing the books?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It was Luke vs. Vader with very few other Jedi/Sith alive. It was completely balanced. Prior to Vader it was 300 good guys and 1 bad guy. That's not balanced.
    Is balance measured in numbers or power? The dark side was weighing the scales in terms of power/control in the galaxy.

vCash
    What Blackout said. Greater numbers does not equal more power. Ruling the galaxy equals more power.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Wow. That's a deep thought.
    I think Yoda said in one of the episodes something like "the prophecy misread it may be" or some chit.

vCash
    What Blackout said. Greater numbers does not equal more power. Ruling the galaxy equals more power.
    The senate was in control. The dark side created two sides and a power struggle between themselves and the Senate. There was peace. "Balance" or the struggle between good and evil rose with the emergency of Palpatine as the emperor and Anakin becoming Vader.

vCash
    Welp....Andy Serkis say's no to the Darth Plagueis idea.

http://geektyrant.com/news/andy-serk...darth-plagueis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I'm hoping like hell that IF Rey is Luke's daughter, they'll canonize Mara Jade as her mother. She was easily the most popular EU character and the only EU character to ever be listed in the Top 10 for favorite Star Wars characters. I also liked the suggestion that Rey's mother is killed when The Seven attack Luke's Jedi Academy. I could definitely see them taking it that direction to make everyone hate Kylo/Ben that much more.

Btw, since you mentioned it, I loved all the nods to the EU. Luke & Mara had a son named Ben, so they essentially used his name for Han & Leia's son in TFA.
    I only recently saw the movie and haven't read the whole thread yet, but I gotta stop and comment here. I agree completely about Mara Jade and I hope that she has not been deep-sixed with the rest of the now so called "star wars legends." One thing that made her so intriguing was that iirc she started working for the Empire (Was it Admiral Thrawn?). If she's already dead for the new trilogy (7-9) I wonder if her backstory will be as interesting. Idk what they're gonna do but I hate to see that character erased. I also wonder if they're gonna leave Boba Fett in the Sarlac pit or get him out like the former EU did. There was some pretty interesting interaction between him and Han Solo about 20 years after ROTJ. But it could be that as that has already happened, there is room for it still be in the canon.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I only recently saw the movie and haven't read the whole thread yet, but I gotta stop and comment here. I agree completely about Mara Jade and I hope that she has not been deep-sixed with the rest of the now so called "star wars legends." One thing that made her so intriguing was that iirc she started working for the Empire (Was it Admiral Thrawn?). If she's already dead for the new trilogy (7-9) I wonder if her backstory will be as interesting. Idk what they're gonna do but I hate to see that character erased. I also wonder if they're gonna leave Boba Fett in the Sarlac pit or get him out like the former EU did. There was some pretty interesting interaction between him and Han Solo about 20 years after ROTJ. But it could be that as that has already happened, there is room for it still be in the canon.
    No, she was the Emperor's Hand. They were a group of Force sensitive secret agents, each of whom thought they were the only Hand. They performed all sorts of tasks for Palpatine, including assassinations. According to the Legends Universe, she was at Jabba's Palace trying to assassinate Luke, but wasn't able to convince Jabba to take her on the sail barge. Her last command from Palpatine was to kill Luke, sent mentally through the Force as Palpatine died. She wound up fulfilling the command by killing a clone of Luke during the Thrawn Campaign.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    The senate was in control. The dark side created two sides and a power struggle between themselves and the Senate. There was peace. "Balance" or the struggle between good and evil rose with the emergency of Palpatine as the emperor and Anakin becoming Vader.
    After reading some fan theory (some of which was completely asinine), I have come to a conclusion. The prophecy indicated that Anakin would bring balance to the force. He did it two times. The first time was when he killed Mace Windu before he could kill Palpatine (killing Palpatine would destroy the last sith and the last danger to the Jedi, no more balance). The second time is when he kills Palpatine to save Luke (Luke being the last Jedi, no more balance if Luke dies).

Makes sense to me besides the fact that killing the Emperor kinda screwed up the balance for a short time until Kylo Ren is seduced by Snoke.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    I believe that flashback could be Luke leaving her there, and her fighting to go with him. Either way, the trailer with Luke saying that the force is strong with his family. His father had it, he has it, his sister has it, and his kids have it. Plus that would make Kylo and Rey 1st cousins about the same age.
    As a bonus, I believe the storm trooper Fin also has the force with him. No other way he could hang with a jedi in a light saber fight if he didn't. Reflexes would be too slow.

I am wondering, Han said something about Luke going to find the first Jedi temple. Maybe there is a being like the Dark Supreme Leader, but for good. I am going to make a leap here, but what if the Supreme Leader guy killed the "Light Supreme being" and that disruption in the force is what caused Anakin to be born. Luke, Leia, Rey, and Kylo being as powerful as a team as the supreme leader guy? No idea, just wondering about he timing of the birth of Anakin versus all of this.
    I predict in the next movie the Jedi will be reestablished and the Jedi school rocking at the temple. I don't think Kylo is Lukes Daughter. I think she is Han Solos and Leia Daughter and she was taken away at birth to keep her safe. Leia knows but it was kept from Han. Seems like Han and Kylo were way alike and thought alike in the movie. The same wave link. The reason was they were worried about her and her brother growing up together. They would be way too powerful. I don't know who the old guy was at the start of the movie but it was him that Kylo was taken from. He took the baby from Leia. He was there to watch over her like Oby One was there to watch over Luke. As far as Rey goes he could have the force. I don't think all the Jedi were destroyed. They scattered and went into hiding. They now have children.

Hell it's a movie and they can do what they want. Really they got a big foot flying a space ship. If they want they can bring Han back.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 01-06-2016 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I predict in the next movie the Jedi will be reestablished and the Jedi school rocking at the temple. I don't think Kylo is Lukes Daughter. I think she is Han Solos and Leia Daughter and she was taken away at birth to keep her safe. Leia knows but it was kept from Han. Seems like Han and Kylo were way alike and thought alike in the movie. The same wave link. The reason was they were worried about her and her brother growing up together. They would be way too powerful. I don't know who the old guy was at the start of the movie but it was him that Kylo was taken from. He took the baby from Leia. He was there to watch over her like Oby One was there to watch over Luke. As far as Rey goes he could have the force. I don't think all the Jedi were destroyed. They scattered and went into hiding. They now have children.

Hell it's a movie and they can do what they want. Really they got a big foot flying a space ship. If they want they can bring Han back.
    You are all kinds of mixed up on the names lol
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Bigfoots are excellent pilots. The only reason you don't find their skeletons is because porkepines love to eat them. I learned that on "finding Bigfoot."

Rea is Luke's daughter. Light saber called to her. R2D2 turned on when she arrived after C3PO explained that he hasn't powered up since Master Luke left. R2D2 wouldn't power up for Lea but would for her daughter? I don't buy it.