Should win:
    Arkansas
    Auburn
    A&M

These we lose:
    Alabama
    LSU

And the Egg Bowl

No we we should win less than six barring catastrophic injuries. Hopefully we can squeeze 2/3 out of the tossups and then the Egg Bowl comes down to how pissed our team is at being embarrassed the last two years and if our new safeties coach can get our guys within 10 yards of the ball on a consistent basis.

I'll set our floor at 7 wins and ceiling at 9.

vCash
    You know by most of us predicting to lose the Eggbowl next year, could mean we shock ourselves. I know..wishful thinking. We'll just have to see how much of a competitor Fitzgerald is going to be. I think Mullen will be feeling plenty of pressure for the game next year.

I think we could beat SC pretty solid.

Auburn will be tough, but it's manageable at home.

Kentucky doesn't have enough playmakers.

Arky, A&M and BYU are winnable games for us, but I think we drop one.

For now, I see 8 wins. I'm sure I'll go back and forth on a game, or so, a dozen times between now and then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Auburn just signed the #1 juco QB to play next season
    And, just six months ago, Auburn had a "Heisman Trophy" shoe-in for QB .. before the season even started. Just ask Barrett Sallee.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    No excuse to lose to A&M next year. Sumlin has that program in a nose dive.

The shock win will be over OM in the EB.

vCash
    How many contributors is Ole Miss losing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    How many contributors is Ole Miss losing?
    Engram announced he is returning yesterday, Connor announced he is returning last week, & my guess is that Kelly does as well.

So that means they lose:

Kimchee - DL - Big loss. They will struggle to replace him because he was double teamed at all times. Speaks is good, but he ain't Kimchee
    Treadwell - WR - Big loss, but they will be fine at WR w Stringfellow, Lodge, Adbeyojosodjf, Jefferson, & Pack
    Tunsil - LT - Little will be good, but he'll be nowhere close to Tunsil as a freshman. Big loss
    Lil Kim - LB - Minor loss
    Jaylon Walton - RB - Pretty big loss. Played well this year & made their offense better
    Trae Elston - S - Big loss, Emotional leader of defense?
    Chief Brown - DB - Minor loss
    CJ Johnson - LB - Minor loss. They'll replace him.
    Channing Ward - DE - Minor loss
    Mike Hilton - DB - HUGE LOSS. Maybe the biggest loss they have. Leader of their secondary .
    Woodrow Hamilton - DT - Minor
    Ben Still - C - Could be big. Experienced center's like Dillon Day matter.
    Fahn Cooper - RT - BIG LOSS. Their tackles will take a big step back.
    Cody Core - WR - Minor loss.
    Isaac Gross - DT - Minor loss.

So, Ole Miss' secondary & offensive line will be depleted & they lose Jaylon Walton, who really came on for them late this season.

Ole Miss could be very similar to what we were this year. Good QB & WR play, questionable secondary, & a young OL that has issues. Ole Miss will take a step back, but they should be slightly better than us, due, for the most part Kelly.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-18-2015 at 12:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Engram announced he is returning yesterday, Connor announced he is returning last week, & my guess is that Kelly does as well.

So that mean they lose:

Kimchee - DL
    Treadwell - WR
    Tunsil - LT
    Lil Kim - LB
    Jaylon Walton - RB
    Trae Elston - S
    Chief Brown - DB
    CJ Johnson - LB
    Channing Ward - DE
    Mike Hilton - DB
    Woodrow Hamilton - DT
    Ben Still - C
    Fahn Cooper - RT
    Cody Core - WR
    Isaac Gross - DT

So, Ole Miss' secondary & offensive line will be depleted & they lose Jaylon Walton, who really came on for them late this season.

Ole Miss could be very similar to what we were this year. Good QB & WR play, questionable secondary, & a young OL that has issues. Ole Miss will stake a step back, but they should be slightly better than us, due, for the most part Kelly.
    Aaron Morris
    Justin bell

Seems they're losing a lot of olinemen

vCash
    UPig and Auburn return 15 or more starters- they will be good football teams next season
    Kentucky returns 15 or more starters- they will be improved

We on the other hand- will not be an improved football team over 2015
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Aaron Morris
    Justin bell

Seems they're losing a lot of olinemen
    Didn't even list them. Their offensive line next year will be Little, Patterson, Taylor, ?, ?

That's a very young & questionable offensive line. There is talent, but it's young & inexperienced. Kelly could be running for his life.

vCash
    Absolutely.... and that could go either way. JUCO QBs are hit and miss because the talent level fluctuates from year to year. So in some years, the #1 JUCO QB could be Cam Newton or Chad Kelly, and, in other years, it could be a less than great QB. Overall, I'm glad we catch them early & it's at home.
    Cam Newton and Chad Kelly started out at Florida and Clemson respectively so these were by no means "under the radar" QB talents. I don't know what the background is on the QB that Auburn just signed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    UPig and Auburn return 15 or more starters- they will be good football teams next season

I don't agree with Arkansas & Kentucky. Arkansas returns starters, but they lose their good players. You really think they just up and replace Allen, Henry, & maybe Collins?

Kentucky will be the same. They lose Towles. Just because you return 15 starters on a bad team, doesn't mean you are any good.

vCash
    Didn't even list them. Their offensive line next year will be Little, Patterson, Taylor, ?, ?

That's a very young & questionable offensive line. There is talent, but it's young & inexperienced. Kelly could be running for his life.
    Conyers and Rawlings probably

vCash
    I don't agree with Arkansas & Kentucky. Arkansas returns starters, but they lose their good players. You really think they just up and replace Allen, Henry, & maybe Collins?

Kentucky will be the same. They lose Towles. Just because you return 15 starters on a bad team, doesn't mean you are any good.
    '15 Msu basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Conyers and Rawlings probably
    Yikes. I would feel much better about us competing with Ole Miss next year if Kelly wasn't returning. He's pretty damn good & I'm still have trouble coming to grips with how they just acquired him virtually unopposed in recruiting. Ridiculously lucky

vCash
    He's not rated the #1 Juco for no reason

vCash

I expect to be improved at OL, RB, TE, LB, S, and possibly WR. If we aren't improved at the first 5 positions listed, then we have glaring coaching deficits.

vCash

I think with the way they run their offense- they certainly can replace what they lost. They return a very good TE and their leading WR. They have been recruiting well on the OL and at RB. They also return 9 or 10 starters on Defense. They don't have to have someone as good as Henry at TE to remain effective on offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I expect to be improved at OL, RB, TE, LB, S, and possibly WR. If we aren't improved at the first 5 positions listed, then we have glaring coaching deficits.
    I don't see any way we will be improved at TE- we lost 2 good guys there and return almost no experience.

We won't be as good at QB, CB, and on the DL- and those 3 positions are huge
    Last edited by Coach34; 12-18-2015 at 12:23 PM.

vCash

So that means they lose:

Kimchee - DL - Big loss. They will struggle to replace him because he was double teamed at all times. Speaks is good, but he ain't Kimchee
    Treadwell - WR - Big loss, but they will be fine at WR w Stringfellow, Lodge, Adbeyojosodjf, Jefferson, & Pack
    Tunsil - LT - Little will be good, but he'll be nowhere close to Tunsil as a freshman. Big loss
    Lil Kim - LB - Minor loss
    Jaylon Walton - RB - Pretty big loss. Played well this year & made their offense better
    Trae Elston - S - Big loss, Emotional leader of defense?
    Chief Brown - DB - Minor loss
    CJ Johnson - LB - Minor loss. They'll replace him.
    Channing Ward - DE - Minor loss
    Mike Hilton - DB - HUGE LOSS. Maybe the biggest loss they have. Leader of their secondary .
    Woodrow Hamilton - DT - Minor
    Ben Still - C - Could be big. Experienced center's like Dillon Day matter.
    Fahn Cooper - RT - BIG LOSS. Their tackles will take a big step back.
    Cody Core - WR - Minor loss.
    Isaac Gross - DT - Minor loss.

Ole Miss could be very similar to what we were this year. Good QB & WR play, questionable secondary, & a young OL that has issues. Ole Miss will take a step back, but they should be slightly better than us, due, for the most part Kelly.
    I'm shocked Conner is coming back..

vCash
    I think with the way they run their offense- they certainly can replace what they lost. They return a very good TE and their leading WR. They have been recruiting well on the OL and at RB. They also return 9 or 10 starters on Defense. They don't have to have someone as good as Henry at TE to remain effective on offense
    I don't disagree, although Raleigh Williams, their best running back after Collins, was only a 3 star recruit.

Arkansas won't be bad, but I just don't see them improving. Our game vs them next year could be similar to the one we had in 2014 against them. Glad we have them at home.