Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The SEC sucked this year

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Nope. We have more talent and would match up extremely well with them.
    You really have to be kidding me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They're the runner up though and beat the 3rd place finisher by 28
    They are runner up because they won the East, not because they are the 2nd best team. They did beat Ole Miss, but that was with Grier & Ole Miss was on the road. If both teams played again tomorrow in the Georgia Dome, Ole Miss would probably win. 28-14 or something like that.

vCash
    They are runner up because they won the East, not because they are the 2nd best team. They did beat Ole Miss, but that was with Grier & Ole Miss was on the road. If both teams played again tomorrow in the Georgia Dome, Ole Miss would probably win. 28-14 or something like that.
    If you're gonna match up conferences though, you have to match up by where they finish.

vCash
    The SEC is young this year with lots of new QB's. Over half the the SEC has 14 or more starters returning next year and it will be a mf'er again in 2016
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Ole Miss would beat Florida's ass right now...losing Grier killed them
    Last edited by Coach34; 12-05-2015 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    Alot depends when teams play during the season- hell, SC was one of the worst teams in the SEC- but they beat NC who is playing for the ACC title tonight and winning currently.

Banned
    vCash
    Iowa would beat us good grief Shotgun. Did you not watch that abortion last week?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    You really have to be kidding me
    Not at all.

Here are Iowa's recruiting classes according to 247 since 2010:

2010 - 39
    2011 - 27
    2012 - 40
    2013 - 58
    2014 - 59
    2015 - 59

This is for a toasty average of 47. MSU's average during that same period is 26, and over the past 3 years, MSU's is about 19-22. Iowa only finished ahead of MSU in recruiting one time & that was in 2011, but hasn't finished within 10 spots of MSU in any other year.

Basically, MSU's roster has far, far, far more talent on it than Iowa's. But hey, Keep freaking about over 2 homes games. It really doesn't tell the story.

vCash
    If you're gonna match up conferences though, you have to match up by where they finish.
    No I don't. That's not measuring the strength of a conference. That's measuring the end result of one game sample sizes in which your schedule and the time of year in which you play someone is heavily factored in. You base conference strength on the basis of who Vegas believes would win on a neutral field. The standings really don't offer much information.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Iowa would beat us good grief Shotgun. Did you not watch that abortion last week?
    I don't understand what us getting beat by an Ole Miss team that has numerous 1st rounders on it, has to do us playing Iowa. Please explain this transitive property that you so passionately speak of....

BTW, in this abortion that you speak of, MSU did put up over 400 yards of total offense and scored 27 points. Take out a pick 6 & a fumble on MSU's first drive, where they were moving the ball, and the game is far, far closer than it appeared. We sucked in that game & must recruit better, but we absolutely don't suck & are actually a pretty good team when you look at things objectively
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-05-2015 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    If you look at just recruiting rankings, we're very similar to Michigan state. In actuality though, we aren't. They've won the rose, cotton, and will probably punch their playoff ticket tonight

vCash
    I don't understand what us getting beat by Ole Miss has to do us playing Iowa. Please explain this transitive property that you so passionately speak of....
    The suck ass OL, no run game defensive pacifist team that got its ass beat by Ole Miss would be the same team that plays an aggressive and very good Iowa team.

Banned
    vCash
    I don't understand what us getting beat by an Ole Miss team that has numerous 1st rounders on it, has to do us playing Iowa. Please explain this transitive property that you so passionately speak of....
    Let's look at the previous recruiting rankings between us and Northwestern leading up to 2012.

I could be very wrong but I'm thinking we greatly out crooted them and still got killed. We are soft, passive, and have zero O Line.

ETA looked it up. NW finished in the 60's in those recruiting years. There's your equivalence because 2015 = 2012 as I've said since the night of the Southern Miss game.
    Last edited by Blackout; 12-05-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Does Shotgun not even hide that he's a bear anymore?

vCash
    Here is Sagarin's rankings of each division (Big 12 all together as 1). He uses 2 different methods of ranking. The "Central Mean" is the average of the 2 systems. He has the West as easily best conference in the country.
    CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%

1 SEC-WEST (A) = 83.34 84.02 ( 1) 7 83.78 ( 1)
    2 BIG 12 (A) = 79.23 78.35 ( 2) 10 79.19 ( 2)
    3 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 78.66 77.56 ( 3) 6 78.31 ( 3)
    4 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 77.87 77.20 ( 4) 6 77.47 ( 4)
    5 BIG TEN-EAST (A) = 76.39 76.53 ( 5) 7 76.44 ( 5)
    6 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 75.79 76.06 ( 6) 7 75.96 ( 6)
    7 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 75.09 75.73 ( 7) 7 75.33 ( 7)
    8 BIG TEN-WEST (A) = 74.58 74.28 ( 9) 7 74.44 ( 8)
    9 SEC-EAST (A) = 73.85 74.29 ( 8) 7 74.15 ( 9)
    10 I-A INDEPENDENTS (A) = 73.23 71.77 ( 10) 3 73.81 ( 10)

For full details:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...15/conference/

vCash
    If you look at just recruiting rankings, we're very similar to Michigan state. In actuality though, we aren't. They've won the rose, cotton, and will probably punch their playoff ticket tonight
    You think they would have done that in the SEC West?

We won 10 games last year & 8 this year. My guess is that Michigan State would have done about the same. MSU & Michigan State are fairly close. MSU has more offensive fire power & Michigan State has a better defense & is better on the LOS

vCash
    Nope. We have more talent and would match up extremely well with them.
    Don't be ridiculous. Iowa would crush us this year. I realize that their schedule was pretty weak, but they still went on the road to beat 9-3 Wisconsin and to absolutely crush 10-2 Northwestern......and both of those wins are a hell of a lot more impressive than our best win. Not to mention the fact that they are currently going toe to toe with Michigan State.

vCash
    Vegas has Bama as a neutral site favorite over every team in the country currently, FYI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Iowa would crush us this year. I realize that their schedule was pretty weak, but they still went on the road to beat 9-3 Wisconsin and to absolutely crush 10-2 Northwestern......and both of those wins are a hell of a lot more impressive than our best win. Not to mention the fact that they are currently going toe to toe with Michigan State.
    I stand by what I said. Iowa could certainly beat MSU, but MSU has better players at most every position on the field. It is what it is.

vCash
    The
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    This just isn't correct. Iowa is a lot like LSU without the NFL RB and a little better QB. They might beat us, but we would keep it close.

If we had Iowas schedule, we'd be 12-0 too.