Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The SEC sucked this year

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash

The SEC sucked this year

Florida and the entire East is pitiful. The west isn't way better either. Ole miss is the second best team in the conference and they lost to freaking Memphis. Think about some of the SEC's #2 from years passed and compare them to this year's bears. It is embarrassing. This was a very down year for the league. Flame away

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Florida and the entire East is pitiful. The west isn't way better either. Ole miss is the second best team in the conference and they lost to freaking Memphis. Think about some of the SEC's #2 from years passed and compare them to this year's bears. It is embarrassing. This was a very down year for the league. Flame away
    Not disagreeing that the conference was down, but which conference was better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Big 10 has 3 top 5 teams and 5 in top 15

vCash
    I got a feeling the upper bowl games are going to go like last year. We will have our answer. I don't think Bama has the offense to win the NC.

Going to be funny if SC beats the ACC champs.

vCash
    I agree that at the top the SEC is far weaker this year than they have been in years past. I would say the top 4 teams in the Big 12, Big 10, and maybe even ACC are stronger than the top 4 in the SEC. The SEC is still the toughest conference from top to bottom in the country though.

vCash
    You are fooling yourself. The Big 10 and Big 12 are better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Big 10 has 3 top 5 teams and 5 in top 15
    Ohio State vs Alabama - Probably Alabama

Michigan State vs Ole Miss - I'm taking Ole Miss

Michigan vs Mississippi State, Tennessee, A&M, Arkansas, or LSU - GREAT GAME. Could go either way.

Iowa vs Mississippi State, Tennessee, A&M, Arkansas, or LSU - I'm taking the SEC team.

So there you go. I think the SEC teams would be favored in all these games except Michigan & that would be a 3 point spread either way.

You can't go by rankings because so much of rankings are dictated by schedules. If the SEC played the Big 10 in order of best team to worst team, I truly believe the SEC would win most of those matchups, or at least be favored in them.

Michigan vs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg13 View Post
    I agree that at the top the SEC is far weaker this year than they have been in years past. I would say the top 4 teams in the Big 12, Big 10, and maybe even ACC are stronger than the top 4 in the SEC. The SEC is still the toughest conference from top to bottom in the country though.
    LSU had a young team this year. Bama has a lot of SR starters leaving and you never know what coker is going to do when draft time comes. Ole Miss is losing every body. They might even lose Kelly if he has a good Sugar Bowl. Earlier in another thread I said LSU was going to be the same but I think they could win the SEC after looking at their roster. Obviously they have to fix the Qb situation but if Harris gets better they are going to real good.

vCash

Michigan vs Mississippi State, Tennessee, A&M, Arkansas, or LSU - GREAT GAME. Could go either way.

Iowa vs Mississippi State, Tennessee, A&M, Arkansas, or LSU - I'm taking the SEC team.

So there you go. I think the SEC teams would be favored in all these games except Michigan & that would be a 3 point spread either way.

You can't go by rankings because so much of rankings are dictated by schedules. If the SEC played the Big 10 in order of best team to worst team, I truly believe the SEC would win most of those matchups, or at least be favored in them.

Michigan vs
    Maybe... I know when best met best last year, bama got whipped

vCash
    List the teams out from best to worst, & tell me who would win.

Alabama vs Oklahoma - Alabama is better, but Oklahoma may win that game. Close game. Bama would be favored though

Oklahoma State vs Ole Miss - Ole Miss

TCU vs Tennessee, Mississippi State, A&M, LSU, or Arkansas - Back and forth. Great games. Tennessee had a huge lead on OK this year.

Baylor vs Tennesse, Mississippi State, A&M, LSU, or Arkansas - Baylor lost to Texas today

That's it. That's all they have.

So tell me again why the Big 12 is better? And before you say, Baylor lost their QBs. So did Florida. If you notice, I didn't even list them in this because they currently can't score.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-05-2015 at 09:21 PM.

vCash
    Maybe... I know when best met best last year, bama got whipped
    Any team can lose a game. Bama has BY FAR the most talent of any team in the country & week in and week out, they are the best team in college football. Alabama would be favored by Vegas
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-05-2015 at 09:21 PM.

vCash

Michigan vs
    Aabama vs Ohio State. I bet you said this exact same thing last year. How'd that work out

Ole Miss Lost to Memphis. Pretty sure Michigan State could handle them.

Iowa would drill an team you just named along with them.

Michigan would drill any team you named along with them.

See I can do it too!

vCash

Michigan vs
    You matched em up weird...

I'm gonna assume Michigan state beats Iowa...

Bama vs Michigan state... I think this would be a good game. Michigan state would be able to hold up defensively and keep it low scoring. Cook is the better qb. Bama in close one

Iowa vs Florida... Iowa would beat Florida

Ohio state vs om... Give me Ohio state

vCash
    Top to bottom they are not...

vCash
    Any team can lose a game. Bama has BY FAR the most talent of any team in the country & week in and week out, they are the best team in college football. Alabama would be favored by Vegas
    Ohio state has recruited very comparable to bama. They've for the most part been #2. They flat out ran over bama last year... That wasn't luck

vCash

Bama vs Michigan state... I think this would be a good game. Michigan state would be able to hold up defensively and keep it low scoring. Cook is the better qb. Bama in close one

I matched them up in order of who I think the best teams are. I think Ohio State is better than Michigan State, even though they lost to them. Single games are ridiculously small sample sizes that don't typically indicate who the better team actually is, unless it's a blowout. I'm going by who would be favored on a neutral field. If the Ohio State team that played Michigan last week, played Michigan State again, they'd win by 10

vCash
    Iowa would skull drag us.

vCash

Florida isn't close to the 2nd best team in the SEC. IMO, from the eye test, they are no better than 7th or 8th.

Tennessee, LSU, Mississippi State, Arkansas, & A&M would all likely beat Florida if they played tomorrow. Auburn may as well, but it's really not worth arguing them.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-05-2015 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Iowa would skull drag us.
    Nope. We have more talent and would match up extremely well with them.

vCash
    Florida isn't close to the 2nd best team in the SEC. IMO, from the eye test, they are no better than 7th or 8th.
    They're the runner up though and beat the 3rd place finisher by 28