Thread: Are Bama lineman above the rules of the game???

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Are Bama lineman above the rules of the game???

There have been blatant and obvious holding call al evening, yet no calls.

My questions is, when will the other universities demand equal officiating?

vCash
    yes- yes they are
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    yes- yes they are
    This^

No doubt

vCash
    Are you talking about Bama's Oline? You do remember they went about 2 years without a holding call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    yes- yes they are
    ^THIS

vCash
    I really hope this is the last time I ever hear Gary Danielson's voice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    There have been blatant and obvious holding call al evening, yet no calls.

My questions is, when will the other universities demand equal officiating?
    They are, and always have been since I've been alive, exempt from the holding rule.

vCash
    I saw Bama get flagged for holding once. It got waved off.

vCash
    Well in our game I know they were above shoving our punter in the back on the TD return and above 2 other blatant out of bounds tackles (one on Dak) that should have been called, but shocker, they weren't. SEC officiating is, and has always been horribly biased when it comes to the judgement calls.

vCash
    I can't speak specifically to holding penalties, but per the below links, Bama was called for more penalties than every other team in the conference besides LSU. Same goes for penalty yardage.

We had the fewest penalties called against us and only Tennessee had fewer penalty yards than we did.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...lties-per-game

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...yards-per-game
    Last edited by sandwolf; 12-06-2015 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Per the below link, Bama was called for more penalties than every other team in the conference besides LSU. We had the fewest penalties called against us. Just FYI.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...lties-per-game
    If you guys noticed, the only times they really call penalties on Bama are when it doesn't hurt them. For example...they held against us all day, but the first time they got called for holding was on a 3rd & long when we sacked Coker. Really? You don't call it when the hold leads to a TD, but you call it when we get the sack?

And then there are the obvious false start-type calls that refs can't hide from.

vCash
    I'm actually shocked that Bama has been allowed to get by with this for as long as they have...

especially when you consider how the conference blatantly allows Bama to play so many teams after their bye weeks...

it's patently unfair.

I would completely understand if the rest of the conference members refused to cash the check.

https://youtu.be/NzspsovNvII
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'm actually shocked that Bama has been allowed to get by with this for as long as they have...

especially when you consider how the conference blatantly allows Bama to play so many teams after their bye weeks...

it's patently unfair.

I would completely understand if the rest of the conference members refused to cash the check.

LOL, Good one tusk. Now about bama getting away with holding..................

vCash
    I fully admit that Bammer gets the benefit of > their fair share of questionable calls...

I also know this: If MSU's OL hadn't held in this year's game vs Bammer in Vegas, Dak would be on a respirator, still...

No.

vCash
    They play a technique that is hard to spot on the field. They're basically coached to hold, but in a way that rarely gets flagged. As long as you keep your hands in tight and your elbows up you can pretty much grab as much jersey as you want to. Just my opinion but I think the way Ole Miss runs so many delayed stunts and twists keeps the Bama OL from being able to engage with their hands. I think that has a lot to do with the success they've had the last couple of years.

Banned
    vCash
    Gotta get that playoff/NY6 $$$$$$$

vCash

it's patently unfair.

I truly laugh at Bammers that want to bring up the bye week thing as some kind of true advantage for their opponents when they have one. The only real advantage for a bye week in general is MAYBE to get a few guys healthy and a little bit more time to prepare IF the opponent is running some non-standard scheme like an option attack or something you rarely see. Bama runs about as standard an offense and defense as there is around, they just do it with the best talent in college football. Therefore, you don't need more time to prepare for Bama, you really need better players to prepare for Bama. Heck, it can also be argued that a bye week disrupts the rhythm of a team and often it is just as much a disadvantage as any type of advantage for the next game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I truly laugh at Bammers that want to bring up the bye week thing as some kind of true advantage for their opponents when they have one. The only real advantage for a bye week in general is MAYBE to get a few guys healthy and a little bit more time to prepare IF the opponent is running some non-standard scheme like an option attack or something you rarely see. Bama runs about as standard an offense and defense as there is around, they just do it with the best talent in college football. Therefore, you don't need more time to prepare for Bama, you really need better players to prepare for Bama. Heck, it can also be argued that a bye week disrupts the rhythm of a team and often it is just as much a disadvantage as any type of advantage for the next game.
    eh kay.

No.

vCash
    I fully admit that Bammer gets the benefit of > their fair share of questionable calls...

I also know this: If MSU's OL hadn't held in this year's game vs Bammer in Vegas, Dak would be on a respirator, still...
    You sacked him 9 times and probably hit him with all you had a dozen more after the throw.

If we could have put that many hits on Coker we'd have knocked the acne from his face. Can't one of you people tell him a little soap and water goes a long way toward solving that problem?