Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 MSU Football Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Probably not. AJ has no reason to waste an official visit on his home town right? He can unofficially visit every weekend to State if he wants to I would think. Maybe I'm wrong though.
    You never want to have the top rated guy on your board not make an official visit.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    I be almost willing to be he don't take all of those visits

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    If he wants to go to Cal, that's fine with me. He just better be here on the 22nd. I expect him to be, but this is the first time I have had even 5% of worry with him.

We need him here on our biggest recruiting weekend, recruiting other big time players.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    I think it's just a situation where national media doing the interviews. ESPN would be the last place you have to worry about breaking a recruiting story. That place is dead in recruiting info.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed, there was worry about Peters visiting LSU the last weekend last year and he never made the trip. That's not to say I'm confident on AJ.

vCash
    I think it's just a situation where national media doing the interviews. ESPN would be the last place you have to worry about breaking a recruiting story. That place is dead in recruiting info.
    I'm with you, but this reporter did an interview and doesn't have an agenda. My guess is that AJ is just trying to build some suspense.

If he doesn't show up here on the 22nd, he will be successful.

vCash
    Do we have a shot at Marquez callaway?

vCash
    Is a top 30 class this year "Good enough"?

Just got done listening to Rosebowl's "Boneyard" on BSR & couldn't believe when he said that. He said, according to what he's hearing right now, getting 3 of the 4 Golden Triangle boys is best case scenario & that a top 30 class this year would be good enough & a great job by the staff, due to a light in-state class this year.

WTF? Is Rosebowl just trying to lower expectations or does he really believe this?

Who cares if it's a light year in-state? Get your ass out of state & get some players.

How can we compete in the West without recruiting in the top 20 most every year? We can't. A top 30 class is a "poo ole Mistoisnt State" attitude & I'm tired of it. Get some folks in here that can recruit there asses off & let's compete.

Fired up right now after listening to that crap. With our facilities, recent winning, & in-state talent base, a deaf, dumb, blind person could land a top 30 recruiting class. absurd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Just got done listening to Rosebowl's "Boneyard" on BSR & couldn't believe when he said that. He said, according to what he's hearing right now, getting 3 of the 4 Golden Triangle boys is best case scenario & that a top 30 class this year would be good enough & a great job by the staff, due to a light in-state class this year.

WTF? Is Rosebowl just trying to lower expectations or does he really believe this?

Who cares if it's a light year in-state? Get your ass out of state & get some players.

How can we compete in the West without recruiting in the top 20 most every year? We can't. A top 30 class is a "poo ole Mistoisnt State" attitude & I'm tired of it. Get some folks in here that can recruit there asses off & let's compete.

Fired up right now after listening to that crap. With our facilities, recent winning, & in-state talent base, a deaf, dumb, blind person could land a top 30 recruiting class. absurd
    I agree. I'm dreading NSD now.

vCash

I think he is trying to lower expectations but at the same time I think he also underrates our overall potential as a program.

vCash
    Signing 3 out of 4 kids from the golden triangle when, one is related to Johnnie Cooks, 2 are playing in Starkville, and the other is a 40 minute drive away, and two of these kids are top 100 players, is not successful.

It's just not, any attempt to say anything ekse is just spin.

Everyone knows we are landing Kobe and Lashley. Croom would have landed those two. AJ and Simmons are simply must gets if you are the MSU coach. If we can't, we are just spinning our wheels.

I keep hearing that Bama is awfully confident. Everyone keeps worrying about the bears, I think Bama steaks him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

I keep hearing that Bama is awfully confident. Everyone keeps worrying about the bears, I think Bama steaks him.
    Simmons or aj?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Simmons or aj?
    Simmons, I won't worry about AJ until he doesn't show up for an official visit.

vCash
    Let's hope espn is just mixing up the schools again.

@EMcKinneyESPN: #ESPN300 WR A.J. Brown said he'll take officials to Alabama (Jan. 15), Ole Miss (Jan. 22) and Cal (Jan. 29), plus some potential unofficials
    I'm guessing that's ESPN being ESPN.. UMiss big weekend with the $$ and Ho's is Jan 29....

vCash
    For a MS recruit to want to go to Bama and expect to play, he better be extremely good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    For a MS recruit to want to go to Bama and expect to play, he better be extremely good.
    Simmons is extremely good. So is AJ, but Im not worried about Bama for AJ. They have a stud WR that will be a sophomore.

Im just not worried about AJ. Maybe Im blind, but Im just not worried. If he doesn't show up on the 22nd, then yes I'll be worried.

vCash

We should have been prepared for this 3 years ago and found targets accordingly. We should be targeting the top 100 players in the nation as freshmen and sophomores to see if we can get out of state interest. If they reciprocate, we pursue it. It's not rocket science. I don't feel like we have a coherent system in place to project team needs, identify candidates, and know how to prioritize our recruiting time and resources.

Ty Montgomery is a perfect example. Kid that was interested from TX that ended up at Stanford. No telling if we would've landed him but we didn't even allow ourselves to get in the game. Kids in town visiting family and can't get a coach on the phone. Ridiculous.

Other schools do a tremendous job of identifying connections to out of state talent. We did it with Fred Ross. Not sure why it's so hard for us to do that consistently.
    Last edited by Political Hack; 01-05-2016 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    We should have been prepared for this 3 years ago and found targets accordingly. We should be targeting the top 100 players in the nation as freshmen and sophomores to see if we can get out of state interest. If they reciprocate, we pursue it. It's not rocket science. I don't feel like we have a coherent system in place to project team needs, identify candidates, and know how to prioritize our recruiting time and resources.

Ty Montgomery is a perfect example. Kid that was interested from TX that ended up at Stanford. No telling if we would've landed him but we didn't even allow ourselves to get in the game. Kids in town visiting family and can't get a coach on the phone. Ridiculous.

Other schools do a tremendous job of identifying connections to out of state talent. We did it with Fred Ross. Not sure why it's so hard for us to do that consistently.
    Been saying it all year... It's called getting out worked...

vCash
    Simmons is extremely good. So is AJ, but Im not worried about Bama for AJ. They have a stud WR that will be a sophomore.

Im just not worried about AJ. Maybe Im blind, but Im just not worried. If he doesn't show up on the 22nd, then yes I'll be worried.
    If we don't close AJ. ( which I still feel almost certain we do) Everyone including Mullen should get a pay cut...
    And if we had signed Dylan Bradley a few years ago Simmons would be in the bag..

vCash
    I was told by a good buddy of mine that lives in Oxford that his boss (that talks with the Oxford High Football coach that just retired often) spoke with Metcalf said that AJ told him he was going to Bama. AJ and Metcalf are good friends and talk often. Saban told AJ that he reminded him of Julio Jones which AJ even said at the Under Armour All American game and it blew AJ away to hear Saban tell him that and basically said he's all bama. Do I believe all of that? Not entirely but I could see this happening considering AJ has mentioned he wants to get of out Starkville before. I hope that this is wrong and we land him but I'm not expecting to get AJ. If we do then great!
    Last edited by djaymsu5; 01-05-2016 at 01:55 PM.