Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 MSU Football Recruiting Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Can we get back to talking about kids we're actually recruiting? Just saying

vCash
    You are right. Any positive traction on Moon or still about the same?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You are right. Any positive traction on Moon or still about the same?
    Still trending. We have the parents in our corner which is always a plus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Can we get back to talking about kids we're actually recruiting? Just saying
    Screw that. I want to know who we have committed at CB in this class and which CBs we have on the team with at least three years of eligiblity after this year so I can know whether to be pissed we didn't offer Banks. Also, I'd like to know if Banks would be interested in playing CB.

Seriously though, I hate that he didn't get an offer. Have no reason to think he should, especially with our recent track record with receivers, but would prefer for in state kids and legacies to get the borderline calls when possible. I am starting to view DBs like OL though considering how bad our safeties have been recently and how bad we will potentially be at CB this upcoming year.

vCash
    We signed a 4* CB in Stamps & a kid with 50 offers in Smitherman last year. This year we have 2 borderline 4* guys in Morgan-Walker (offers from OK, A&M, UCLA, Baylor, etc) & Dantzler. Also an All state juco in Durr. Not to mention a chance to close with 1 of the top CB in the country in Knott.

vCash
    Couple new OV set

Clyde Chriss 4* WR from New Orleans
    Marquez Calloway 4* ATH from Warner Robbins

Both set to OV the 1/22 weekend.

vCash
    Couple new OV set

Clyde Chriss 4* WR from New Orleans
    Marquez Calloway 4* ATH from Warner Robbins

Both set to OV the 1/22 weekend.
    Are these courtesy or legit?

vCash
    Is Velus and Chushenberry coming that weekend as well? Is he a take if he wants to decommit from USCw? I think we need to really impress to move up the other guy's boards.

vCash
    How about Aaron Dowdell?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Not saying that the percentage is high that we get these guys, but you don't "courtesy" an OV when you're uncommitted

vCash
    I really can't say right now. I know Chriss has been on campus 2 or 3 times this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Is Velus and Chushenberry coming that weekend as well? Is he a take if he wants to decommit from USCw? I think we need to really impress to move up the other guy's boards.
    I don't expect anything to happen with Velus. I'll be very surprised if Cushenberry doesn't leave Starkville committed.

vCash
    We signed a 4* CB in Stamps & a kid with 50 offers in Smitherman last year. This year we have 2 borderline 4* guys in Morgan-Walker (offers from OK, A&M, UCLA, Baylor, etc) & Dantzler. Also an All state juco in Durr. Not to mention a chance to close with 1 of the top CB in the country in Knott.
    That's definitely pretty solid. I hope at least two of them are ready this year.

vCash
    I don't expect anything to happen with Velus. I'll be very surprised if Cushenberry doesn't leave Starkville committed.
    Good deal. I expected if Cushenberry came on OV he would probably leave committed or shortly after. Think he is a good project to work with. And I am fine with Velus situation. Would like to land Couch and Moon to go along with the players that the board has talked about a lot. Sounds like a good shot with Couch and good position with Moon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    How about Aaron Dowdell?
    Georgia telling him to look around?

vCash
    Not saying that the percentage is high that we get these guys, but you don't "courtesy" an OV when you're uncommitted
    Who told you that? Guys take OV's knowing they're not coming to a school and coaches know it too. They try to change their opinions that's the reason these visits can be very beneficial.

vCash
    Who told you that? Guys take OV's knowing they're not coming to a school and coaches know it too. They try to change their opinions that's the reason these visits can be very beneficial.
    You just described a non-courtesy visit

vCash
    You just described a non-courtesy visit

Players coming only because asked with no intentions of attending with coaches having knowledge. It happens yearly across the country.

vCash
    Let's hope espn is just mixing up the schools again.

@EMcKinneyESPN: #ESPN300 WR A.J. Brown said he'll take officials to Alabama (Jan. 15), Ole Miss (Jan. 22) and Cal (Jan. 29), plus some potential unofficials

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Let's hope espn is just mixing up the schools again.

@EMcKinneyESPN: #ESPN300 WR A.J. Brown said he'll take officials to Alabama (Jan. 15), Ole Miss (Jan. 22) and Cal (Jan. 29), plus some potential unofficials
    Probably not. AJ has no reason to waste an official visit on his home town right? He can unofficially visit every weekend to State if he wants to I would think. Maybe I'm wrong though.