Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors Starting to float...

Banned
    vCash

Rumors Starting to float...

That staff changes are being made.. The who is merely speculation but don't be suprised if Manny and at least one other coach on that side of the ball is gone. I will tell you what I do know... Chizik, Pruitt, and Ogre are all top choices but we can't afford any of them. Look for us , if Manny is gone, to settle for a Coord at a Mid Major.

vCash
    If these changes don't start with Hevesy, I'll give up. And we can't continue to fire our DCs.

Someone says Mullen tinkers with the Defense anyway, so doubt it really matters who are DC is.

I see no way Mullen and Chizik work together.
    Pruitt is probably staying at UGA.
    We could have had Orge last year
    Last edited by Big4Dawg; 11-30-2015 at 11:03 AM.

vCash
    Hevesy is first on my list, even before Manny to get gone. OL since he's been here has been crap, OL recruiting has been worse than crap.

vCash
    Hevesy isn't getting fired.

vCash
    How can we afford 4.3 for Dan but not afford a decent DC? Are we that top heavy?

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    I think Manny gets thrown under the bus to save Hevessy.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    but we can't afford any of them
    Bull shit

vCash
    If we're firing Diaz, I hope it's bc we already have a replacement lined up. Manny was handcuffed by only having 2 decent players in the secondary and he lost one of those. I think in time peters, Bryant, and mclaurin will be good, but they weren't this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Chizik, Pruitt, and Ogre are all top choices but we can't afford any of them.
    Not even sure what this means. If we can't afford then they aren't top choices- maybe wishful thinking, but not realistic choices.

vCash
    Dan really needs to make a couple of splash hires to get people back on his side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Bull shit
    I concur. No offense preach....but we can afford a good coordinator or two. If Hevesy is not handled then you will begin to see the decline of the Mullen era very quickly I believe...barring an OL miracle during the offseason.

vCash
    At least if Mullen makes changes, it would be a sign that he's trying to fix things & plans on staying at MSU.

If he planned on getting another job, why would he make changes?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SignalToNoise View Post
    Not even sure what this means. If we can't afford then they aren't top choices- maybe wishful thinking, but not realistic choices.
    I mean MY Top choices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I concur. No offense preach....but we can afford a good coordinator or two. If Hevesy is not handled then you will begin to see the decline of the Mullen era very quickly I believe...barring an OL miracle during the offseason.
    I'm not a Hevesy defender, but he put together a strong OL last year and the running game showed it. If this crop we have coming up can step up into that tier next season (not saying it will, just saying it's possible) this year's terrible OL will be quickly forgotten. That and a couple of additional solid recruits on the OL (Gentle Williams flips, Lashley commits) and this train will be back on the tracks.

vCash
    It blows my mind that coaches are willing to get fired (eventually) in order to protect a worthless assistant. It's happened here and many other places.

vCash
    Rumors have been floating AND sinking for a week now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    I think Manny gets thrown under the bus to save Hevessy.
    Then OL will continue to be a liability.

Banned
    vCash
    We are not paying 800+ for a Coord. Should we? Absolutly! Will we? We all know the answer to that.

vCash
    Wouldn't be surprised. Dan having shit running down his leg and complaining about the coach who farted. With his record of handling DCs, I don't think a good one would be very interested

vCash
    I won't Hev and Hughes gone at a minimum and Bracky reassigned to making sure the napkin dispenser is always full in the team dining area.

And don't give me we can't get rid of Hughes because he is an excellent recruiter. Is he? What top 5-10 classes have we landed due to Hughes? If he was constantly bringing in elite talent then maybe, but he isn't. Our classes are consistently the worst in the SECW and near the bottom of the SEC period. Then look at how horrible our safety play has been this year. We could put Stevie Wonder back there and he would have as good a chance to be in better position or take a better angle to the ball carrier than what we put on the field this year. So, from my point of view, he is bringing in below average to average talent for our division and then doing a piss poor job of coaching his position group. I just don't see the appeal.