Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You people trying to run Mullen off are bat shit crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think it's crazy to run Mullen off as well, but in defense of those that want to run him off, I think it has more to do with his perceived lack of loyalty to MSU combined with losing to Freeze & recruiting issues.

If Mullen would've come out and stated his love for MSU & some passion for the university, I don't think anyone would want him gone except the absolute extremist.
    Coaches are not as loyal nor have the love for a university as alumni and fans do. It is a business and they know that the minute they lose, they could be fired. Just read this message board and look at the folks that either want Mullen fired or for him to leave. Never mind what he has done in the past....what has he done now. Loyalty should run both ways, but it does not.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MidsouthDawg View Post
    I am amazed and I hear recruiting issues, which is BS. What number of stars was DAK? Less than 5 or 4, 3 by most and 2 by a few others, CDM continues to develop talent and do more with less. Also, when was the last time we had chance at 5 top 300 players? I would guess never. With this years Freshman getting playing time and next years class looking good, I have to say BS on we do not recruit. CDM has proven he knows more than STARS services.

We knew we had issue with OL and that was confirmed, but we still won 8 games in a rebuilding year. We are stocked to make good run and hope all the naysayers understand a coach with 6 winning seasons in 7 at STATE is a GREAT, regardless of one year.

Also, how else do you expect his agent to determine CDM's Fair Market value, if not by talking to teams that have openings. Some of you should use your head for more than a hat rack.
    CDM says he wants to stay in Starkville, he has a senior lead team coming back with talented Freshman that got playing time and he would leave for UGA that fired their coach for a 9-3 season??? Also, UGA fans do not want him. He is step up in Starkville and I would be very surprised if he left, but I have been wrong before and I do not claim any INSIDE knowledge.

As for after the game, I believe he was just spend emotionally, the death of freshman immediately before BAMA, overtime win at Ark last week, and DAK's senior night, a player he considers like a son . I personally would have been spent after those events and that is what you saw. He is human regardless of what anyone else expects.

Go DAWGs and HAILSTATE!!!
    Post more.

vCash
    What kind of loyalty do y'all expect? He has been linked with dang near every major open job since he has been here and he is still here. He was asked directly to comment recently and he said he saw no need to comment other than to say he liked the job he had and wasn't looking for another one. What else can the man say? Like every single one of you here if one of the top companies in his field approaches him I'm sure he would at least listen to what they have to say. Y'all are making an impossible demand and if that's what you want then you better be prepared to coach yourself, because no coach worth his salt would accept that kind of demand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randyholloway View Post
    Let's try this: *IF* Dan wants out, *HE SHOULD GO NOW AND NOT WAIT!*. *IF* he wants to stay at MSU, *HE SHOULD SHOW US MORE FIRE AND PASSION THAN HE DID AT THE EGG BOWL.*

Is anything about those statements unreasonable? Honestly, if there is please say so. Note my emphasis on the word *IF", and nowhere in the above am I suggesting that he be fired or "run off". I haven't seen any serious person make that demand.
    Right, if he wants to go he should not wait. But you could say that about any year he was at State, or about any job in general. Nobody has proven to me that he wants out. That's all I'm saying.

And my original post was about the people who want him gone, and there are lots out there.

vCash
    I am amazed and I hear recruiting issues, which is BS. What number of stars was DAK? Less than 5 or 4, 3 by most and 2 by a few others, CDM continues to develop talent and do more with less. Also, when was the last time we had chance at 5 top 300 players? I would guess never. With this years Freshman getting playing time and next years class looking good, I have to say BS on we do not recruit. CDM has proven he knows more than STARS services.

We knew we had issue with OL and that was confirmed, but we still won 8 games in a rebuilding year. We are stocked to make good run and hope all the naysayers understand a coach with 6 winning seasons in 7 at STATE is a GREAT, regardless of one year.

Also, how else do you expect his agent to determine CDM's Fair Market value, if not by talking to teams that have openings. Some of you should use your head for more than a hat rack.
    CDM says he wants to stay in Starkville, he has a senior lead team coming back with talented Freshman that got playing time and he would leave for UGA that fired their coach for a 9-3 season??? Also, UGA fans do not want him. He is step up in Starkville and I would be very surprised if he left, but I have been wrong before and I do not claim any INSIDE knowledge.

As for after the game, I believe he was just spend emotionally, the death of freshman immediately before BAMA, overtime win at Ark last week, and DAK's senior night, a player he considers like a son . I personally would have been spent after those events and that is what you saw. He is human regardless of what anyone else expects.

Go DAWGs and HAILSTATE!!!
    Excellent. You need to post more often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAVdog View Post
    Had we won the Egg Bowl, everyone would be riding his jock all the way to the Sugar Bowl. Regardless of the stupid stories about him wanting out of Starkville. Which was started by Football Scoop, a notoriously biased outlet. Shit how many times does the man have to address every rumor? He's been here 7 years and do you think he really hasn't had opportunities to leave?

Now recruiting needs to be better if we're going to be more than just competitive. But let's not forget we were 2nd in the SEC West last year with his recruiting. Specifically we need work on the OL. Had Rankin played out this year or we had another year eligibility from some of the guys last year this season would be completely different.

I've watched this season play out just like everyone else. I saw Mullen 'Dab'ing in the locker room after Arkansas, I saw him at MJ's funeral. I've seen him get emotional about his players and Dak. Anyone who thinks he doesn't love this place is full of shit.

If he ends up at Georgia so be it, but by god we're acting like a bunch of spoiled bitches over one game.
    ^^THIS ALL DAY^^ I'm guilty just as much as any other fan. After the game I was telling everybody "no way in hell I go see these guys play a bowl game" Am I serious?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Here's the thing. Mullen isn't an idiot. He knows his name is being thrown around. But part of the reason we suck in recruiting is because his name gets mentioned and he just doesn't come straight out and say I am 100% committed to MSU, the direction of this program, and bringing a championship to Starkville. He just says I'm happy here and like my job and getting your name thrown out there is just part of the process. Means we are doing good. So that gets used against him on the recruiting trail and we can actually confirm that part at least because recruits have said that. So if we want to get better in that regard, there's one place we can look and have tangible evidence to draw upon.

If you have to say it every year to reassure recruits, then dammit do it. All he had to do was say "The media and other sources can mention my name for other jobs all they want to. It's a waste of time for them because we are building a winner at MSU and I'm 100% committed to the progress we are making and the continued success we will have at MSU". I mean how freaking hard is that. But instead he plays it off like oh it's just something that happens and you just deal with it and move forward. Doesn't engender trust as a fan base or a recruit, especially when it can be taken out of context or manipulated in soemone's living room without you there to defend it.
    I completely agree with this. Maybe he's much less cavalier and more direct as you suggest with recruits and their families, hopefully so. I just don't know what he stands to gain by keeping his name out there for shitty jobs like Maryland. Yes, let's be clear; that's a shitty job, I don't care how much it pays. Georgia is a different matter, but I don't think he's nearly as high on the list. We shall see how this all turns out...

vCash
    ghostofjackie, you have articulated perfectly exactly how I feel about the matter. Wasn't even going to bother typing it so I thank you for this.

vCash

Our OL recruits are usually ranked in the bottom 25-30 percent of our class, usually no more than a 85ish composite on 247. The couple of 4* guys we do sign end up busts. And our OL is our most glaring weakness imo. So might want to rethink the stars don't matter mentality.

Banned
    vCash
    Had we won the Egg Bowl
    Uh but we didn't and it wasn't close.. at home.. The playbook is out there and we actively try to not replicate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Uh but we didn't and it wasn't close.. at home.. The playbook is out there and we actively try to not replicate it.
    Yeah we lost. We were without two of our best players in the Secondary and our LT. And our RT got hurt. Dak was too emotional in the first quarter he made some uncharacteristic mistakes. Their DLine ate us up on the OL. If you want to be mad, be mad about that.

Frankly I'm more pissed we lost to LSU. But do I want to burn the house down over it. No, have some damn perspective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofjackie View Post
    That's what I'm trying to get people to see here. The whole "Mullen wants out of Starkville" story is perceived. His lack of loyalty is "perceived". And this is brought on by message board posters who don't know a damn thing about what is going on.

Do you realize what you are saying? You want Mullen gone because you "heard from other people" who "don't know a hill of beans" that he is not being loyal to the University. That's the life of a sheep.
    Tell me, how many other SEC head coaches have MULTIPLE media talking heads out there reporting that he wants out of Oxford, Auburn, Knoxville, Lexington, Nashville, Fayetteville, etc. NONE. They aren't all just on a MSU-hate campaign and are getting this from somewhere. Mullen could do a LOT more than he has if it isn't true and he really wanted to stop it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    Fans go crazy when we lose to UM, especially 2 years in a row. It's hard to have a rational discussion with folks who want him gone, just like 2 years ago when Hud the Pious was being trumpeted. We have a chance a t 19 wins in 2 years which is rare air at MSU. It is hard as hell to recruit at State and every coach we have ever had has said the same. All I hear is we need to hire xxxx and he will bring instant results like magic dust. I want to see more fire from Dan, but we are in good shape outside of OL and DB and that needs to be our focus.
    Yes, MSU fans get pissed about losing to OM but the rumors of Mullen trying to find another job started on this board and other places well BEFORE the Egg Bowl ever kicked off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    ghostofjackie, you have articulated perfectly exactly how I feel about the matter. Wasn't even going to bother typing it so I thank you for this.
    You're welcome. I sell T-Shirts too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Tell me, how many other SEC head coaches have MULTIPLE media talking heads out there reporting that he wants out of Oxford, Auburn, Knoxville, Lexington, Nashville, Fayetteville, etc. NONE. They aren't all just on a MSU-hate campaign and are getting this from somewhere. Mullen could do a LOT more than he has if it isn't true and he really wanted to stop it.
    You do know how all this works right? Agents put it out there- raise - rince- repeat next year. It's pretty easy to predict what will happen next year when we go 8-4 again.

vCash
    Had we won the Egg Bowl, everyone would be riding his jock all the way to the Sugar Bowl. Regardless of the stupid stories about him wanting out of Starkville. Which was started by Football Scoop, a notoriously biased outlet. Shit how many times does the man have to address every rumor? He's been here 7 years and do you think he really hasn't had opportunities to leave?

Now recruiting needs to be better if we're going to be more than just competitive. But let's not forget we were 2nd in the SEC West last year with his recruiting. Specifically we need work on the OL. Had Rankin played out this year or we had another year eligibility from some of the guys last year this season would be completely different.

I've watched this season play out just like everyone else. I saw Mullen 'Dab'ing in the locker room after Arkansas, I saw him at MJ's funeral. I've seen him get emotional about his players and Dak. Anyone who thinks he doesn't love this place is full of shit.

If he ends up at Georgia so be it, but by god we're acting like a bunch of spoiled bitches over one game.
    Bravo. Excellent post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yes, MSU fans get pissed about losing to OM but the rumors of Mullen trying to find another job started on this board and other places well BEFORE the Egg Bowl ever kicked off.
    Exactly. And they were started by people who don't know shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofjackie View Post
    You do know how all this works right? Agents put it out there- raise - rince- repeat next year. It's pretty easy to predict what will happen next year when we go 8-4 again.
    Then Mullen needs to tell his agent to shut the he!! up. We've given Mullen raises like crazy so the least of Mullen's problems is how much money he is making. His assistants need more money so we can get some better ones but he doesn't.

vCash
    I agree that we need more money for assistants. We also need to pay mullen more if we want to keep him.

vCash
    [QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;461472]I think it's crazy to run Mullen off as well, but in defense of those that want to run him off, I think it has more to do with his perceived lack of loyalty to MSU combined with losing to Freeze & recruiting issues.

I think the recruiting issues and his perceived lack of loyalty to MSU are related. Would you sign with a guy who is always about to leave for greener pastures if you had somewhere else to go ? AND the good ones ALWAYS have somewhere else to go.