Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #1 Player In the Country Mom Assaulted/Harassed at OM

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash

#1 Player In the Country Mom Assaulted/Harassed at OM

Rashan Gary, #1 player in the country DT from New Jersey, was on an OV this weekend at OM. She was in the Grove Saturday for the Walk of Champions. She hadn't yet received her credentials for the visit so she was approached by security. They told her she had to leave. There was an incident where words were exchanged & security shoved & cursed her. I'm told that OM has tried to smooth this situation over but it definitely was a black eye on the weekend.

vCash
    CJ Johnson says that kind of things happens all the time. They cut a big check to smooth things over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Rashan Gary, #1 player in the country DT from New Jersey, was on an OV this weekend at OM. She was in the Grove Saturday for the Walk of Champions. She hadn't yet received her credentials for the visit so she was approached by security. They told her she had to leave. There was an incident where words were exchanged & security shoved & cursed her. I'm told that OM has tried to smooth this situation over but it definitely was a black eye on the weekend.
    He's definitely a lock for OM now. I remember the OM faithful giving CJ Johnson the worst welcome in the world and he still went there. They find a way to make it all better.

vCash
    Yikes. Not a good look.

Isn't the Grove open to the public? People can just walk through it, yes?

I'm curious if the security meant something else in referencing "credentials".

vCash
    WOW! That is hilarious.

vCash
    How on earth does NMU get the #1 DT to visit from Mew Jersey? Seriously, what can Oxford or OM offer that he couldn't get from a number of other places closer to home?

Having said that, can't blame the kid for taking the visit, just for the duffel bags and tour of the library..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    He's definitely a lock for OM now. I remember the OM faithful giving CJ Johnson the worst welcome in the world and he still went there. They find a way to make it all better.
    CJ Johnson & Rashan Gary aren't in the same stratosphere though. Also they're from New Jersey so their opinion of MS probably wasn't too great to begin with. I didn't think they were a serious option for Gary anyway but this incident puts a nail in that coffin IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgHouseUnited View Post
    Seriously, what can Oxford or OM offer that he couldn't get from a number of other places closer to home?

just for the duffel bags and tour of the library..
    You answered your own question

vCash
    You mean she didn't show them the red bag full of cash her son got just for visiting?!**

vCash
    CJ Johnson & Rashan Gary aren't in the same stratosphere though. Also they're from New Jersey so their opinion of MS probably wasn't too great to begin with. I didn't think they were a serious option for Gary anyway but this incident puts a nail in that coffin IMO.
    Be great if we could get him in on an OV or UV and really roll out the red carpet for him and show him the People's University. I wonder if Dan would have the balls to write him a letter apologizing on behalf of the state of MS for what happened at KKKU and invite him down to visit us?

vCash
    Just realized. Between this and the fan getting beat down in the stands...it wasn't a good weekend for law enforcement at the Flagship.

vCash
    You answered your own question
    Haha true!

vCash

vCash
    According to a poster on OM 247 Gary's mom made a post on her Facebook regarding a guy waving a huge MS state flag while she was at OM. It wasn't a positive post at all. I think it's safe to scratch his name off the wish list.

vCash
    please let this be true...

I think Michigan has the inside track, but that cat is a catch, fo sho....

Did he visit anywhere else, or was that just an OV for the game....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    A leopard cant't change it's stars and bars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    please let this be true...

I think Michigan has the inside track, but that cat is a catch, fo sho....

Did he visit anywhere else, or was that just an OV for the game....
    It was an OV.

vCash
    "So other then the attack and obvious racism shown by our fans, how was your visit?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Farley View Post
    "So other then the attack and obvious racism shown by our fans, how was your visit?"
    Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Farley View Post
    This might be the most accurate and applicable thing I've read this year. It was funny also.