Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad cops in Oxford ??

vCash

Bad cops in Oxford ??

This appeared on my Facebook timeline. I've removed the FB profile name and pic to protect the innocent **

Last edited by notsofarawaydawg; 11-22-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: name removal

vCash
    They already know who the arresting officer was.

vCash
    Prolly a security guard with LMS. unacceptable
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    There is video footage of it. Not sure what happened. But the guy in the picture suffered a tissue damage to the eye, the eye socket is cracked, etc etc... concussion. He was not given medical attention while in police custody. 4 hours. After he posted bail.... friends took him to the hospital

vCash
    Btw... he sings gospel music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    There is video footage of it. Not sure what happened. But the guy in the picture suffered a tissue damage to the eye, the eye socket is cracked, etc etc... concussion. He was not given medical attention while in police custody. 4 hours. After he posted bail.... friends took him to the hospital
    high school educated (at best) Billy bad ass cop. no reason to physically beat his ass unless he was being violent. this is why people hate cops.

I'm sure the assaulted guy will make out like a bandit, and he should
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    The officers doing the beating are full time police for the city of New Albany. They are hired by the university for security on ballgame weekends....CHA-CHING

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    OPD is a ****ing joke, just look at the way they troll the ole miss fans on twitter.

vCash
    Watched the video. Completely unacceptable. Hope he sues them for all they're worth.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I am not pro-police violence, but there is a lesson here. If that ever happens to you, just go with the police. Resisting never works out well for those doing it and if the officers were in the wrong, you can always file a complaint later. Once a cop tells you that they're detaining you and they physically grab you, there's no talking your way out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Watched the video. Completely unacceptable. Hope he sues them for all they're worth.
    I agree, at least 3 punches thrown that appear to be completely unprovoked. Who knows what happened off camera as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randyholloway View Post
    I am not pro-police violence, but there is a lesson here. If that ever happens to you, just go with the police. Resisting never works out well for those doing it and if the officers were in the wrong, you can always file a complaint later. Once a cop tells you that they're detaining you and they physically grab you, there's no talking your way out of it.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/19/us...hows.html?_r=0

that check on abuse is working well.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randyholloway View Post
    I agree to an extent but don't know the circumstances that stared this to begin with. if the officer has no more self control than that he doesn't belong on any force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuid View Post
    high school educated (at best) Billy bad ass cop. no reason to physically beat his ass unless he was being violent. this is why people hate cops.

I'm sure the assaulted guy will make out like a bandit, and he should
    Nothing happens to cops for a complaint. Even in situations like this, which happen daily, nothing of any value will happen. At worst they'll be suspended, only to end up in a different town in a few weeks... And until the masses stop making excuses for them, their behavior will continue to get worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuid View Post
    I agree to an extent but don't know the circumstances that stared this to begin with. if the officer has no more self control than that he doesn't belong on any force
    Agreed, it's unacceptable. My advice is for people who want to avoid unnecessary trips to the hospital... I am not sticking up for bad cops at all.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm not choosing sides here, so don't take it as I have. In watching the video, the man did not do anything to warrant physical restraint from the police, and particularly not a beating.

The first question that pops into my mind is, if this person was innocent of any wrongdoing, why did the people around him not interject on his behalf and inform the cops that the person they were looking for was a few rows up as the wife says?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    The first question that pops into my mind is, if this person was innocent of any wrongdoing, why did the people around him not interject on his behalf and inform the cops that the person they were looking for was a few rows up as the wife says?
    From what I could see it looked like at least one guy was trying to talk on the guys behalf..and I'm no lip reader but looked like the police were telling him to shut up or he would be going to.

vCash
    Not defending the cop, but if he was trying to get him out of the stadium and the guy refused, either the cop walks away or restrains him in a way that keeps anything from escalating into something major.

This guy's wife is saying ol? miss fans 2 rows above told the police the guy did something. Whatever that was... somebody was getting removed peacefully or not!

The thing I am not in agreement with (only because I don't know the situation leading up to it nor can we see what is happening... was he trying to get something out of his pocket. Etc) is the lack of medical attention he got while in jail for 4 hours!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I'm not choosing sides here, so don't take it as I have. In watching the video, the man did not do anything to warrant physical restraint from the police, and particularly not a beating.

The people around him, according to the guys own wife, turned him in. Ol? miss fans...