Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8-4 plus a bowl win...

vCash

8-4 plus a bowl win...

If someone gave you the option for 8-4 and a bowl game win right now, would you take it? You don't get to know if we beat OM or Ark, but you know we beat one of them.

Or would you say Screw It, and let it play out knowing we could lose 4 straight games to end the year potentially, but COULD win out?

vCash
    I felt like we were an 8/4 team to begin the season with but hoping for 9/3 ...... no way do I want to let TSUN off the hook
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    If someone gave you the option for 8-4 and a bowl game win right now, would you take it? You don't get to know if we beat OM or Ark, but you know we beat one of them.

Or would you say Screw It, and let it play out knowing we could lose 4 straight games to end the year potentially, but COULD win out?
    To me, right now, I think the 9-4 end of the season would be more important to the program than an Egg Bowl victory. Historically, it appears that the Egg Bowl has little impact on recruiting. So, take the 2 given wins hands down.

vCash
    If we lose to Ole Miss this year some of these guys will denounce their allegiance to State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    If we lose to Ole Miss this year some of these guys will denounce their allegiance to State.
    Ha that's the truth. I may be one of them though. That would be devastating

vCash
    Take

Banned
    vCash
    I don't care what happens from here on out except we better win the egg bowl.

vCash
    Egg Bowl.

vCash
    I want 10 and I'd be willing to roll the dice to get it.

All of you who get mad at Mullen for playing it safe better not choose 8-4 haha

vCash
    I had us 9-3 going into the season. I'm still saying 9-3. And, yes, we'd better beat om this year or I'll be pissed.

vCash

Good question, but I say screw it: Let's go for broke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I had us 9-3 going into the season. I'm still saying 9-3. And, yes, we'd better beat om this year or I'll be pissed.
    thats what i thought at the start of the year

vCash

Hell yes. I say that because we aren't winning this weekend, thus the 8-4 means an egg bowl win. I said I'd take 8-4 before the season and id dang sure take it know.

vCash
    Losing to Ole Missus at home is unacceptable
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I say screw it. We gotta beat OM, and I don't want to go back to the Gator Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Losing to Ole Missus at home is unacceptable
    I agree with that. Time to bury Freeze now that is "#1 Class" is heading out the door too...

vCash

Play them out. I want to know where we are as a program and these last two games should give us a really good idea.

vCash
    We don't lose to OM at home....screw em
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I say screw it. We gotta beat OM, and I don't want to go back to the Gator Bowl.
    I just realized something...what if someone told you during the Croom years, that within 8 years you'll see ^THIS^ post from a fellow State fan. Haha, we've come a long way when most of us "don't want to go back to the Gator Bowl" for a 3rd time.

vCash
    I still say we'll win out.