Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Section 333 Row 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Way too many bama ****ers in the scoreboard club. Way too many.
    Agreed...

vCash
    I actually only noticed 2 in the SBC. Dude had the obligatory khakis with little red elephants on them so he was probably a graduate.

vCash
    Call the ticket office and bitch big time.

They don't want to hear it and will try and do something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    Sounds like this could be a block of seats purchased by a broker and sold through StubHub or something like that.

Here's a resale policy that the much disliked and recently departed AD at the University of Texas implemented:
    http://www.texassports.com/sports/20...304151739.aspx
    This didn't go over well with the faculty at all regarding their discounted tickets, and many season ticket holders were displeased, too (although this was but one more log in the proverbial fire on which they roasted him).
    17. Yes. Have an official ticket reseller (oh hey, we do!), and ENFORCE IT. just another aspect of our half-assed gameday operations. this is what i point to when i'm asked to donate more money. you have revenue streams you are not bothering to exploit, so you obviously don't need my money. you want it, because it's easier on you that way, but you don't NEED it. so 17 you. 17ing Texas is doing it and they need it less than MSU.

Banned
    vCash
    Did the university ever roll out a ticket exchange? If so, I wish more of our fans would use that approach if they can't make the game. However, if whoever owns those seats hasn't been at any games, I'd assume they likely aren't making the trip to Starkville either and are probably unloading their tickets on StubHub or SeatGeek or something like that. There isn't exactly a screening process for opposing fans on those websites, and I'm not sure there is even a way through the official university office and/or ticket exchange to keep opposing fans from getting tickets. So, they may not be doing it on purpose is I guess what I am saying.

vCash
    It happens every Bama year.

They buy the season ticket and sell all of them but the Bama game.

vCash
    I will not sell to the opposition, and I gave 4 Bama tickets to MSU fans this past Saturday. However, I did bring an LSU alum to the LSU game, because he takes me to the MSU game in Baton Rouge. I feel this is only right.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I brought an LSU (wife)with me this year to LSU game up in sbc. She wore white and kept her piehole shut. Just like last year when she took me to Baton Rouge and we were in a box. I wore white and kept my piehole shut. It's pretty easy.

vCash
    I've had Bama fans around me every time they've played here and each time it was an exercise in patience. Unfortunately, just before the season, I had two large unexpected expenses totaling almost $10K and in order to get by, along with other cutbacks, I decided to sell my LSU and Bama tickets. I used the MSU-approved marketplace (VividSeats) since MSU probably gets a cut of the fees. However, once you put them up for sale, anyone can buy them. I'm hoping they went to MSU fans, but there's really no way to know. If so, I'm sure that there are plenty of people around me who think I'm an asshole. Right now, there are around 1,000 tickets available for the Egg Bowl on the Marketplace and another 2,000+ on Stubhub. I imagine that many of those will be bought by our red and blue-clad neighbors, just as I bought tickets on Stubhub to the game in Oxford last year. So how does a school help fans who want to sell only to other Bulldogs but live out of state, have a last-minute change of plans, or like me, just need extra cash for the bills. I looked at the UT proposal, but it doesn't really restrict the buyers, only the types of tickets which can be resold. A better option would be an exchange that is only available only to Bulldog Club members and maybe invited guests through their Dog Tag. Bama fans will go to extreme measures to get seats outside their allotment, so this problem won't go away any time soon, but since we like to be technological pioneers in college athletics, let's find a way to keep Bulldogs in as many seats as possible.

vCash
    HUH, It's past my bed time.
    Last edited by Treemydawg; 11-18-2015 at 03:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lfl View Post
    I've had Bama fans around me every time they've played here and each time it was an exercise in patience. Unfortunately, just before the season, I had two large unexpected expenses totaling almost $10K and in order to get by, along with other cutbacks, I decided to sell my LSU and Bama tickets. I used the MSU-approved marketplace (VividSeats) since MSU probably gets a cut of the fees. However, once you put them up for sale, anyone can buy them. I'm hoping they went to MSU fans, but there's really no way to know. If so, I'm sure that there are plenty of people around me who think I'm an asshole. Right now, there are around 1,000 tickets available for the Egg Bowl on the Marketplace and another 2,000+ on Stubhub. I imagine that many of those will be bought by our red and blue-clad neighbors, just as I bought tickets on Stubhub to the game in Oxford last year. So how does a school help fans who want to sell only to other Bulldogs but live out of state, have a last-minute change of plans, or like me, just need extra cash for the bills. I looked at the UT proposal, but it doesn't really restrict the buyers, only the types of tickets which can be resold. A better option would be an exchange that is only available only to Bulldog Club members and maybe invited guests through their Dog Tag. Bama fans will go to extreme measures to get seats outside their allotment, so this problem won't go away any time soon, but since we like to be technological pioneers in college athletics, let's find a way to keep Bulldogs in as many seats as possible.
    Well, your situation is somewhat unique and understandable. That is a true unforeseen circumstance that couldn't be avoided. This is not the case for the vast majority who do this.

vCash
    I will need 5 for the EB. So I went out to stub and vivid this morning. There are a lot of tickets as you said. However I am not paying those ridiculous prices.

The interesting part though. I'm not so sure there will be many rebs buying. As there are many tickets on the market now for section 24 and the west upper deck(generally where the visitors sit.). Hopefully they lose this weekend and their fans stay away and the prices drop.

However, there is no way for the university to stop visiting fans from buying the tickets......except win. Even then it is up to MSU fans to buy the tickets and pay the ridiculous prices for high profile games. Unfortunately, Bama, LSU, etc have 3 times...maybe 4 times the fans we do. They win more and bigger games. Therefore more people willing to buy high priced tickets or tickets at any price.

It is what it is as they say.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-18-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    How can you control who buys your tickets, if you sell them on Vivid or Stubhub? You guys are trying to enforce something that cannot be enforced.

By the way, I did not buy tickets this year, so I have no skin in that game, just so you know I'm not one of the ones selling tickets.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    That pisses me off, especially as someone that wants season tickets and wants to come to games and is working on donating enough to be in the mix. If you aren't going to go to games, don't sell them to opposing fans the majority of the time. Don't buy them so someone else or multiple someone elses can have access to season tickets.
    You can't get tickets in Section 333? I don't even think you need to be in the BC to get those seats.

vCash
    Section 333, row 1, seats 1-4 on stub now. $278 each. Hahahaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    I will not sell to the opposition, and I gave 4 Bama tickets to MSU fans this past Saturday. However, I did bring an LSU alum to the LSU game, because he takes me to the MSU game in Baton Rouge. I feel this is only right.
    Who you go to the game with is no issue. It's people that try to sell tickets for profit that's the problem. I had always thought that is was illegal to sell a ticket for more than face value. Pretty sure that's true in Louisiana but not sure about Mississippi.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    Who you go to the game with is no issue. It's people that try to sell tickets for profit that's the problem. I had always thought that is was illegal to sell a ticket for more than face value. Pretty sure that's true in Louisiana but not sure about Mississippi.
    Not on Vivid or Stubhub.

It's illegal to take any gains that isn't taxed. I think that's probably the big part. And honestly, I don't think there are that many MSU scalpers outside the stadium selling much to the opposition.

Your beef is with Vivid and Stubhub, and you cannot regulate that. Move on.

vCash
    You can sell to fellow Bulldogs if you put a little effort into it. I sold 5 tickets to the Alabama beat down and all went to Dogs. Two were sold via the SPS message board and three were sold outside the stadium after an ED poster left me hanging high and dry. I could have tripled my money by selling to Gumps, but there was no way on earth I was going to let that happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Not on Vivid or Stubhub.

It's illegal to take any gains that isn't taxed. I think that's probably the big part. And honestly, I don't think there are that many MSU scalpers outside the stadium selling much to the opposition.

Your beef is with Vivid and Stubhub, and you cannot regulate that. Move on.
    I was referring to the ticket scalping law that may places have. The tax law was not in my thoughts. I have no beef.

vCash
    Progress is being made.

If you buy season tickets then you are totally responsible for whose rear ends are sitting in the seats.

Public embarrassment is the next step. Just know.
    Last edited by Schultzy; 11-18-2015 at 09:13 PM.