Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Section 333 Row 1

vCash

Section 333 Row 1

Now that I've settled down a bit, I'd like to discuss what has made my season miserable at home games this season.

I sit in section 333, row 2. Whoever owns the tickets in 333, row 1, seats 6-16 (roughly, not sure if it's exactly those seats), has sold them to opposing team's fans just about every game this season. It started with LSU. I didn't like it, but shit happens I guess. In the Kentucky game, there were literally 10 Kentucky fans all in a row right in front of me, and I was in the middle of the line. I was pretty pissed off at that point. Then this week at the Alabama game, there were about 5 bama fans directly in front of me... same seats. I know there were lots of bama fans all over the place, but this has gotten out of hand with these particular seats. Some have been friendly, and some have pissed me off, but either way I don't want to feel like a damn visitor in my own damn stadium.

I get that if you buy season tickets that you should be able to do what you want with them, but this is just bullshit. We will have to move next year even if it means taking worse seats.

I kept playing the scenario over in my head about me having to kick the piece of sh*t bama fan over ledge if I had to hear roll tide one more time.

Anyway, if you own those seats and you're on this board (or if you happen to know the person who owns them by chance) please let me know so I can... well you know... f*ck you up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Now that I've settled down a bit, I'd like to discuss what has made my season miserable at home games this season.

I sit in section 333, row 2. Whoever owns the tickets in 333, row 1, seats 6-16 (roughly, not sure if it's exactly those seats), has sold them to opposing team's fans just about every game this season. It started with LSU. I didn't like it, but shit happens I guess. In the Kentucky game, there were literally 10 Kentucky fans all in a row right in front of me, and I was in the middle of the line. I was pretty pissed off at that point. Then this week at the Alabama game, there were about 5 bama fans directly in front of me... same seats. I know there were lots of bama fans all over the place, but this has gotten out of hand with these particular seats. Some have been friendly, and some have pissed me off, but either way I don't want to feel like a damn visitor in my own damn stadium.

I get that if you buy season tickets that you should be able to do what you want with them, but this is just bullshit. We will have to move next year even if it means taking worse seats.

I kept playing the scenario over in my head about me having to kick the piece of sh*t bama fan over ledge if I had to hear roll tide one more time.

Anyway, if you own those seats and you're on this board (or if you happen to know the person who owns them by chance) please let me know so I can... well you know... f*ck you up.
    That pisses me off, especially as someone that wants season tickets and wants to come to games and is working on donating enough to be in the mix. If you aren't going to go to games, don't sell them to opposing fans the majority of the time. Don't buy them so someone else or multiple someone elses can have access to season tickets.

vCash
    and then there's the guy at the LSU game this year who like a true state fan pulls me aside very quietly and sells me 3 tickets at face value just because he didn't want those seats going to the opposing fans ... and the very very few tickets that were getting scalped were going for $125-$150 ..... there are bad fans but then there are good guys.... and Sleepy - I think you have every right to be pissed
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I get that if you buy season tickets that you should be able to do what you want with them,
    I disagree. I don't think you should be able to do what you want with them. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it but I think the university should be able to refuse to sell you season tickets if you sell them to the opposition.
    As a disclaimer I will add that my brother let a Bama friend sit with us Saturday under the condition that he wear State gear and not cheer for the Tide.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I disagree. I don't think you should be able to do what you want with them. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it but I think the university should be able to refuse to sell you season tickets if you sell them to the opposition.
    As a disclaimer I will add that my brother let a Bama friend sit with us Saturday under the condition that he wear State gear and not cheer for the Tide.
    I don't really agree either. In theory you should be able to, but a-holes like these are why you shouldn't be able to.

vCash
    I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of Bama fans is Section 19. I was expecting a lot more based on prior games this year and last year.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm curious where the scalpers that do it for a living get their tickets? It seems the sames ones are always selling them.

vCash
    You mean the guys out on the highway and streets with signs ? I just thought they were fans desperate to see their team play.

there have been less and less Bama fans at each game during the Dan years. There use to be about as many Bama Rv's as ours. I don't know about now, as I don't go out where they park.

I remember the first year Jackie beat em, I got a kick out of watching all those million dollar Prevost rv's jumping the curbs getting the hell out of there. They were rocking and rolling, tickled the shit out of me.
    Last edited by shannondawg; 11-16-2015 at 12:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I'm curious where the scalpers that do it for a living get their tickets? It seems the sames ones are always selling them.
    Scalpers typically both buy and sell tickets. If they see someone who is not a regular scalper trying to sell tickets, they'll often try to broker a deal to take theirs too, so they can mark them up some for a profit.

vCash
    Those are the seats right next to ours. Yes, I've only seen the same people there twice. Those two times were state fans. The rest were opposing fans. Thing is they got to pick ahead of us if your that high in Bulldog Club then be a bulldog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    The thing is proving it. Assuming I had season tickets and sold them to a fan of an opposing team all I would have to do is say I sold them to another state fan and then they must have sold them to an opposing team's fan. While I agree with the sentiment and wish it would not happen I don't see any way to police it. It may also be hard for someone that is not rolling in money but has scrapped and saved to be able to afford season tickets not to sell to an opposing team's fan if they are being offered way over face value. I heard people last year selling tickets to the Auburn game and making more than they paid for the entire season ticket package for their tickets to that one game. If you're closer to a living paycheck to paycheck kind of person than you are having your last name be Seal then sometimes you'll do what is best for you than what is best for the school and team. Just the musings of someone who is unfortunately not a season ticket holder.

vCash
    Agree with all of the above, but I have to say that I was impressed with how much smaller the Bama contingent was at this game than in the past. I'm always amazed at the visiting fans in the Club Level, but even that was less than in years past and those that were there looked like they had been very well coached by their hosts. Trust me that it has not always been that way.

I don't see the problem with visiting fans being in MSU sections ever going away, but it will continue to improve if we continue our winning ways and grow our fan base

I saw something on twitter during the game that some Bama fans had somehow made their way into the press box. They were actively cheering and were rightfully evicted.

vCash
    I'm in 333 also. There were quite a few around us. One group in particular who yelled most of the game, had to be around row 12 or 13. I get that there will always be a few opposing fans, but when I scanned the upper deck which is MSU SEASON TICKET HOLDERS, it was frustrating to see so many crimson pom-poms. Hell I kinda wish I had an extra couple hundred myself, but I would rather eat my tickets or rip them up than know that they might go to douche fans like that. Our fans need to try at all costs to sell to bulldogs.

vCash
    We had Bama fans trying to sit in our section with fake tickets for our section. They were promptly removed and replaced with bulldog season ticket holders.

There were at least 10 of them and not all in the same group... strange
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    You mean the guys out on the highway and streets with signs ? I just thought they were fans desperate to see their team play.

there have been less and less Bama fans at each game during the Dan years. There use to be about as many Bama Rv's as ours. I don't know about now, as I don't go out where they park.

I remember the first year Jackie beat em, I got a kick out of watching all those million dollar Prevost rv's jumping the curbs getting the hell out of there. They were rocking and rolling, tickled the shit out of me.
    There was only one Bama RV in our lot and it was actually parents of a MSU employee. That is unusual because most times we have several Bammers or Tigahs in our lot. We had several Bama fans at our tailgate because the wife buys some kind of package through the university, company CC, that she gets 4 tickets to every game and 24 to two games of her choice including a hospitality tent. She picked LSU and OM this year but she had four Bama fans for this one also .

vCash
    Sounds like this could be a block of seats purchased by a broker and sold through StubHub or something like that.

Here's a resale policy that the much disliked and recently departed AD at the University of Texas implemented:
    http://www.texassports.com/sports/20...304151739.aspx
    This didn't go over well with the faculty at all regarding their discounted tickets, and many season ticket holders were displeased, too (although this was but one more log in the proverbial fire on which they roasted him).

vCash
    Yea that is very irritating. Had two larger, bammer women behind us all night. They weren't too terrible minus all the roll tides, but tolerable. But near the end when the int happened and one of the biguns said "keep beating them into the ground" and ironically Bear went down, I had had enough. I calmly turned around and asked them when the attended UA. They both smiled, as if they were about to receive a cookie for answering the question correctly, and said "we didn't go to school there." I responded "just like 95% of your fan base." They were not amused

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Way too many bama ****ers in the scoreboard club. Way too many.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg33 View Post
    Yea that is very irritating. Had two larger, bammer women behind us all night. They weren't too terrible minus all the roll tides, but tolerable. But near the end when the int happened and one of the biguns said "keep beating them into the ground" and ironically Bear went down, I had had enough. I calmly turned around and asked them when the attended UA. They both smiled, as if they were about to receive a cookie for answering the question correctly, and said "we didn't go to school there." I responded "just like 95% of your fan base." They were not amused
    I kept yelling "sit down you ****ing hillbillies" to the ones close to me and they didn't seem to like that either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    Here's a resale policy that the much disliked and recently departed AD at the University of Texas implemented:
    http://www.texassports.com/sports/20...304151739.aspx
    This didn't go over well with the faculty at all regarding their discounted tickets, and many season ticket holders were displeased, too (although this was but one more log in the proverbial fire on which they roasted him).
    I really wish we would implement something like this.