Thread: 77 and 62 were killing us today.

vCash

77 and 62 were killing us today.

Our Oline has been mediocre at best for some time now. Last year it is what really cost us at the end of the year. We have whiffed on some good croots due to Hev's dumdassery also. There needs to be s change here if we are going to move above what we are now. Any coach keeps 78 and 62 on the field has no biz coaching I'm the SEC.

Banned
    vCash
    Mediocre is far too generous. We are putrid on the Oline. And anyone defending Hev needs the toe of a boot planted squarely in that anus.

vCash
    Foot work is horrible.. . slow.

Banned
    vCash
    based on position, OL has had the most "whiffs" in crootin'. and that means lots of "whiffs" during games. "whiffs" being the air sound as a DL explodes past the LOS without being touched.

vCash
    It's time to turn those two positions over to Jenkins and Calhoun full time.

vCash
    O line is the toughest spot to recruit with the fiercest competition. Something needs to cause for sure. I think Mullennis important enough to us to leave it to him. I'll back whatever he does.

vCash
    Yes, cement shoes. In the first qtr 62 lookout blocked Dak on a QB power that if he makes the block Dal hoes for a big play but it goes for exactly dick thanks 62 pulling and blocking air. Great job dude.

vCash
    62 was an UA All-American. FYI.

They should turn in their jersey tonight. Especially Warren. Only thing he touched all night was DGray for at least trying to be physical on a Bama guy. Warren couldn't hit a guy like that if his life depended on it. I thought he might be half way decent but he is not physical.

Desper, Malone, and Warren are soft, lazy, and not mean.

Banned
    vCash
    why don't you like me? why won't you be my friend?

http://imgix.scout.com/135/1358441.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    62 was an UA All-American. FYI.

They should turn in their jersey tonight. Especially Warren. Only thing he touched all night was DGray for at least trying to be physical on a Bama guy. Warren couldn't hit a guy like that if his life depended on it. I thought he might be half way decent but he is not physical.

Desper, Malone, and Warren are soft, lazy, and not mean.
    Spot on.

And I hope Gray told Warren to STFU until he blocked someone.

I think part of the problem is we have guys playing out of position. Desper was recruited as a center. Allegedly he had problems snapping the ball but I saw him many times at MC and I can't recall one bad snap.

I think Malone might be a better fit at tackle and I think Warren should be a Kendall Watkins type blocking tight end.

vCash
    O line is the toughest spot to recruit with the fiercest competition. Something needs to change for sure. I think Mullen is important enough to us to leave it to him. I'll back whatever he does.

vCash
    Maybe we can go find some Russian potato bastards to play for us on the OL. Those dudes are bound to make some good'uns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Spot on.

And I hope Gray told Warren to STFU until he blocked someone.

I think part of the problem is we have guys playing out of position. Desper was recruited as a center. Allegedly he had problems snapping the ball but I saw him many times at MC and I can't recall one bad snap.

I think Malone might be a better fit at tackle and I think Warren should be a Kendall Watkins type blocking tight end.
    Don't think their out of position. 62 is ssslllooooww, and soft on top of that to play center. Warren is to slow to play much TE much less LT. Why he was shoe horned in a tackle I have no idea. You can play or you can't. It's not that hard to see. 77 and 62 are not SEC players. UA all american or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    O line is the toughest spot to recruit with the fiercest competition. Something needs to change for sure. I think Mullen is important enough to us to leave it to him. I'll back whatever he does.
    That is the problem with our OL recruiting. We don't go where the rest of the league goes to recruit OL. There are not many SEC OL in MS. Do we even recruit TX?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    That is the problem with our OL recruiting. We don't go where the rest of the league goes to recruit OL. There are not many SEC OL in MS. Do we even recruit TX?
    I don't think we do that much anymore. For whatever reason, it's hard for us to get actual visits from Texas kids.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Maybe we can go find some Russian potato bastards to play for us on the OL. Those dudes are bound to make some good'uns.
    I do think we should recruit outside the box here with OL. Recruit Canada, Australia, back woods Wisconsin etc.. Find big MEAN guys that get overlooked. It's working for Bielema.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Besides making Jerry a lot of money, do you know why the Hogs love playing A&M in Dallas every year? They get to go to TX and recruit hard for that week. During their game this year, I heard them say that they visited I think 27 high schools that week around the Dallas area. Heck, I know we won't pull a lot of kids, but one or two wouldn't hurt. Look at OK, OK St., LSU, and AR rosters. Pretty obvious TX isn't getting them all.

vCash
    Here is a fact. 77 ca not block elite SEC DL. So give him some help. Double team his Man. Shit, they do it in the pros,wake the ****up Dan

vCash
    That would require leaving Shump in to chip him. Our OL isn't good at picking up stunts so having Shump leave to chip will mean Dak by himself..still running for his life because Malone and Desper can't kick slide and have no physicality about themselves to play dirty. Desper's girlfriend is meaner than him, and that's 100% fact.