Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's amazing that those ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Most of the talk about that team is how good that season was. I think the problem is you think you see the big picture when you really see something you made up in your head.
    Says the guy who complains about uniforms before anybody's even seen them... yeah, you don't whine and complain... never have. especially not with every post for the past 2 years, regardless of sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You need to go back and look at Felkers last year and what JWS said about it. The NCAA stuff wasn't what really did Tyker in. That's a common misconception. Typical.
    Do tell, for those of us who were born during the tail end/slightly after the Tyler era.

Serious inquiry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    There was nothing about his last year that pointed to them progressing the next year. You are judged based on your wins and losses as a coach, and in the SEC you better start winning your conference games especially in year 5, guess how many Felker won that year? One! One out of six....yeah he is really worth keeping around for another year, maybe he would have gotten 2 in 1991! Tie his record he had his first year! Instead he was let go, and here comes ole Jackie...that seemed to work out pretty well. When you know a turd is a turd, you have to flush it, plain and simple, move on and see if you have better luck with another coach...

Pretty much every coach at MSU has been given a fair amount of time and games to be judged on before any decision was made to let them go....
    Ok, we will have to agree to disagree. Felker was about three plays away from 7 wins and a bowl his last year. Jackie always said we were very close and Rocky left him a good team. I agree they were all given a fair amount of time before we let them go. Have you not figured out yet that that ain't what I'm talking about? Good lord.

vCash
    No, I'm telling you I watched a program (from the inside) go from absolute total historical crap (I played for it on that level) to winning it all on its level, more than once. I've watched it remain near the top. It takes a good coach/coaches and it takes consistency and continuity over time. It takes consistent and mostly unquestioning support. That's something MSU football has never enjoyed.!
    We've also never enjoyed the cash flow from the SEC Nework until a couple of years ago which totally changed our program along with the emergence of the Power 5 conferences which basically took out USM as a compeitior for in state talent once and for all.

What you are talking about is sunshine and unicorns. There is NO coach that we have had in the past 40 years that even comes close to fitting the description of what you are saying is our "historical problem". The closest is Felker- and we replaced him with Sherrill who was a BIG name at that time and would be about like us hiring someone like Bobby Petrino today. Too bad we didn't give Rockey that extra year to maybe go 6-5 at best.**

We're telling you that what is in your head doesn't exist. Still waiting on YOU to provide a coaching example of what you are talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Haha don't get mad at me...you're the one that revealed your ignorance by starting this thread. I'm just enjoying the show.

Oh, and I'll accept a "thank you" on behalf of the "New MSU" crowd, for Ben Howland and Dan Mullen and John Cohen.

"You're welcome"

Sincerely,

NEW MSU
    Why would I be mad at you? I love everything you post. Haven't you figured that out yet? Everybody who lobbies for progress needs a foil to help get their message out. You are mine. Keep up the good work! By all means follow up every post I make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Says the guy who complains about uniforms before anybody's even seen them... yeah, you don't whine and complain... never have. especially not with every post for the past 2 years, regardless of sport.
    Well, that was a random.

I never side I don't complain. And I thought the white helmets sucked. Glad you liked them though.

vCash
    Ok, we will have to agree to disagree. Felker was about three plays away from 7 wins and a bowl his last year. Jackie always said we were very close and Rocky left him a good team. I agree they were all given a fair amount of time before we let them go. Have you not figured out yet that that ain't what I'm talking about? Good lord.
    Like when he went for the tie against Auburn instead of the win and got the extra point blocked? THAT was why he got fired. He couldn't coach and would have no doubt underachieved in 1991. Keeping him around wouldn't have fixed that.

vCash
    We've also never enjoyed the cash flow from the SEC Nework until a couple of years ago which totally changed our program along with the emergence of the Power 5 conferences which basically took out USM as a compeitior for in state talent once and for all.

What you are talking about is sunshine and unicorns. There is NO coach that we have had in the past 40 years that even comes close to fitting the description of what you are saying is our "historical problem". The closest is Felker- and we replaced him with Sherrill who was a BIG name at that time and would be about like us hiring someone like Bobby Petrino today. Too bad we didn't give Rockey that extra year to maybe go 6-5 at best.**

We're telling you that what is in your head doesn't exist. Still waiting on YOU to provide a coaching example of what you are talking about.
    Oh it exists. I provided examples. You are another perfect example of it. As such I would expect you to deny it.

vCash
    Like when he went for the tie against Auburn instead of the win and got the extra point blocked? THAT was why he got fired. He couldn't coach and would have no doubt underachieved in 1991. Keeping him around wouldn't have fixed that.
    Go argue with JWS.

vCash
    Why would I be mad at you? I love everything you post. Haven't you figured that out yet? Everybody who lobbies for progress needs a foil to help get their message out. You are mine. Keep up the good work! By all means follow up every post I make.

vCash
    Well, that was a random.

I never side I don't complain. And I thought the white helmets sucked. Glad you liked them though.
    Your arguments, and this goes for a lot of folks here, would carry more weight if you ever did something besides complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabaka View Post
    Do tell, for those of us who were born during the tail end/slightly after the Tyler era.

Serious inquiry.
    Pls respond

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabaka View Post

Serious inquiry.
    Tyler could have kept the head coaches job. It was his to keep. What wasn't his was continuing to be the athletic director as well as the football coach. He wouldn't accept the split. He was urged to take that stand by several of his "brother coaches". He was the only one that lost his job over it. They all accepted it, after what happend to him. That is what I have always understood to be what happened. Perhaps others have better info.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 11-15-2015 at 12:24 AM.

vCash
    No one on here is saying we need to start looking around or that Dan Mullen isn't the answer and we need another coach, what we are all saying is that Dan Mullen has some things in his coaching that have been present for some time now that he needs to fix and improve on if we are going to continue to get better and get to the next level. It is maddening to see Mullen do the same things or make the same mistakes in games for a few years now, it's literally insane to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. We do need to be critical of Mullen, plain and simple. If we aren't and we are just supposed to be happy with him having a winning record and being mid-pack then guess what is going to happen? He's just going to sit back and collect 4 mil a year knowing he can just "win some, lose some" and just do the same ole same ole. That will eventually turn into losing seasons, and all the progress that was made will have been lost. Criticism is needed to drive people to try and correct their mistakes and get better, because if you are not adapting and evolving to get better at what you do, everyone else will be and you will be left in the dust, and it will be hard to catch up. If we all sunshine pump Dan, then he will not work hard to shut us all up. When he is pretty much able to tell us all to STFU, that means he's doing a damn good coaching job. He is a damn good coach, and I love him at State, but he needs to improve and quit making some of the same mistakes he has made in the past, or we will forever be a plateau and forever be a mid-packer or worse.

Tonight we faced the gold standard of college football, a way to measure our football team and coach, and we were beaten 31-6 at home. Last year we lost in Tuscaloosa 25-20. It's aggravating to see that we didn't even make it a competitive game after last year, and it means Mullen has some things to fix and improve on, or else we could be in some serious trouble...

vCash
    Your arguments, and this goes for a lot of folks here, would carry more weight if you ever did something besides complain.
    Right. And your would carry weight if you could actually back up your sunshine pumping. Which you have yet to do despite proclaiming that "IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!"

Then again, maybe you should pay more attention to what I "complain" about since I have been spot on for the most part this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    No one on here is saying we need to start looking around or that Dan Mullen isn't the answer and we need another coach, what we are all saying is that Dan Mullen has some things in his coaching that have been present for some time now that he needs to fix and improve on if we are going to continue to get better and get to the next level. It is maddening to see Mullen do the same things or make the same mistakes in games for a few years now, it's literally insane to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. We do need to be critical of Mullen, plain and simple. If we aren't and we are just supposed to be happy with him having a winning record and being mid-pack then guess what is going to happen? He's just going to sit back and collect 4 mil a year knowing he can just "win some, lose some" and just do the same ole same ole. That will eventually turn into losing seasons, and all the progress that was made will have been lost. Criticism is needed to drive people to try and correct their mistakes and get better, because if you are not adapting and evolving to get better at what you do, everyone else will be and you will be left in the dust, and it will be hard to catch up. If we all sunshine pump Dan, then he will not work hard to shut us all up. When he is pretty much able to tell us all to STFU, that means he's doing a damn good coaching job. He is a damn good coach, and I love him at State, but he needs to improve and quit making some of the same mistakes he has made in the past, or we will forever be a plateau and forever be a mid-packer or worse.

Tonight we faced the gold standard of college football, a way to measure our football team and coach, and we were beaten 31-6 at home. Last year we lost in Tuscaloosa 25-20. It's aggravating to see that we didn't even make it a competitive game after last year, and it means Mullen has some things to fix and improve on, or else we could be in some serious trouble...
    BOOM! SPOT ON!

No one is asking for Dan to be fired. All we want is his o-line coach to be fired and for Dan to learn how to not screw up the end of games like LSU.

vCash
    BOOM! SPOT ON!

No one is asking for Dan to be fired. All we want is his o-line coach to be fired and for Dan to learn how to not screw up the end of games like LSU.
    I agree, although I doubt he will fire his friend and fellow Yankee.

vCash
    Go argue with JWS.
    Jackie was being nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I agree, although I doubt he will fire his friend and fellow Yankee.
    And I agree with you. I think we're stuck with Hevesey for now. The only possible way out I can see- and it's a stretch- would be to move Sallach to the office and then Hevesey to TE which he coached at Florida I believe. And then bring in a new o-line coach. Talk about awkward.

vCash
    Right. And your would carry weight if you could actually back up your sunshine pumping. Which you have yet to do despite proclaiming that "IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!"

Then again, maybe you should pay more attention to what I "complain" about since I have been spot on for the most part this year.
    Ok, how about we went 10-3 last year and are sitting at 7-3 right now. That is epic for us. You seem to think it's a disaster.