Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You negative nancies need to shut the 17 up...

Banned
    vCash
    Losing today sucks and yes sometimes Mullen does some dumb things but if you want him gone you are going a little too far imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Who gives a crap that we were bad in the past? That's an unbelievable loser mentality that seems to have taken over half of this board. If this is our ceiling, then we need to let Mullen go and move on. I don't think this is our ceiling with him though.
    Yeah..... Just like last year... And the year before. Mullen always seems to make adjustments in staff at the end of the season. This time last year, Collins knew we would be parting ways

vCash
    The whole Jackie taking MSU to higher limits seriously needs to stop....the SEC West during that time was pathetic compared to today! It was a hell of a lot easier to win the west back in Jackie's day. And that MSU team that did go to Atlanta was an 8-5 (6-2 SEC) team at the end of the year...it's not like they were world beaters or anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm still proud of that team, but comparing the West of today with the West of that time is just ridiculous.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Bama did to us what they were supposed to do based off their top 5 classes for the last several years. Mullen called a good game and it appears he can't satisfy some regardless. I've heard people second guessing his 4th down call on the goal line, but if he wouldn't have gone for it people would say he was playing uptight. We played for the win in the first half, but talent took over in key situations.

vCash

What most are complaining about is not that he went for it on fourth down but

he tried to run Dak right into the teeth or their defense. Talking about being vanilla, holy shit.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    he tried to run Dak right into the teeth or their defense. Talking about being vanilla, holy shit.
    And bama and the rest of the world knew he was going to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I'm surprised more people on here are not pissed that Dan did not go for it on 4th and 3 on our own 27 with 9 mins left....he punted which basically conceded the game...relentless effort my ass! The game was still alive, barely, but alive none the less. Dan just basically said well, we can't do anything more with 9 minutes left!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    The whole Jackie taking MSU to higher limits seriously needs to stop....the SEC West during that time was pathetic compared to today! It was a hell of a lot easier to win the west back in Jackie's day. And that MSU team that did go to Atlanta was an 8-5 (6-2 SEC) team at the end of the year...it's not like they were world beaters or anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm still proud of that team, but comparing the West of today with the West of that time is just ridiculous.
    Totally agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You want to lose to Toledo?
    He's still building the team the way he wants it and just moved to 2nd in the West. His team is what a football team is supposed to look like. I hope we beat them next week but it's not looking good after today.

vCash
    I'm surprised more people on here are not pissed that Dan did not go for it on 4th and 3 on our own 27 with 9 mins left....he punted which basically conceded the game...relentless effort my ass! The game was still alive, barely, but alive none the less. Dan just basically said well, we can't do anything more with 9 minutes left!!!
    They're too busy high fiving about 6 wins and because Dan's our coach, and he's taken us to a place above losing to Maine.* Who cares what happens beyond getting bowl eligible...being within 25 of Bama at home is the best we can ask for at this point in the process.*

I agree. And that 3rd & 13 QB draw before half was like saying "I just want it to look competitive", because we were officially no longer "playing to win" at that point.

vCash
    LSU just went for it with 8 minutes left on their own 30. I left when we punted there. I said if our coach is giving up then I am too.

vCash
    One thing I fault Dan for is keeping Dak in when he knew he wasn't getting it done. In the early minutes of the 4th he should have brought in Fitz to let Dak cool his heels and also let Fitz get good reps in a big game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    They're too busy high fiving about 6 wins and because Dan's our coach, and he's taken us to a place above losing to Maine.* Who cares what happens beyond getting bowl eligible...being within 25 of Bama at home is the best we can ask for at this point in the process.*

I agree. And that 3rd & 13 QB draw before half was like saying "I just want it to look competitive", because we were officially no longer "playing to win" at that point.
    He quit early in the 4th quarter back in 2011 against LSU, and I was pretty damn disappointed then, but I'm even more so now considering he is supposed to be more experienced as a head coach...

I don't know what was worse, the draw on 3rd and 13, or following it up with a move right out of the Hugh Freeze playbook "Hey! Let's go for it on 4th and long at midfield, I don't care that the opponent has two timeouts and enough time to get in FG position, nah we got this!" I literally yelled out "Dan you are supposed to be smarter than Freeze, but apparently you are not!"

Banned
    vCash
    Ok geniuses. Who would you hire if we fire Mullen? Hud? Ha ha. Next. Anyone else? Who is going to come take over at a school with a smaller budget compared to other schools, very little tradition and fires the most successful coach in the history of the school? Yeah shut the hell up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgclub99 View Post
    Ok geniuses. Who would you hire if we fire Mullen? Hud? Ha ha. Next. Anyone else? Who is going to come take over at a school with a smaller budget compared to other schools, very little tradition and fires the most successful coach in the history of the school? Yeah shut the hell up.
    Who said fire Mullen?

vCash
    This program is light years ahead of where it would be if Mullen wasn't here. We have a really good QB coming in to take Dak's spot next year and plenty of other offensive weapons. Defense is fine, we played well enough to win today, the offensive struggles just kept them on the field too long. I'm calling it now, we go to Ark next week take care of business and then whip Mississippi the next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madkin91991 View Post
    This program is light years ahead of where it would be if Mullen wasn't here. We have a really good QB coming in to take Dak's spot next year and plenty of other offensive weapons. Defense is fine, we played well enough to win today, the offensive struggles just kept them on the field too long. I'm calling it now, we go to Ark next week take care of business and then whip Mississippi the next week.
    It was 31-6.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    If you can't run, it's hard to score in the red zone. Add bama's defense to that and you get 6 points. We had a decent game plan, but just didn't make the crucial plays needed to beat an elite team.

vCash
    Who the hell said fire Mullen? What we are all upset about is that Mullen is doing insane things with his coaching, and by that I mean he is doing the exact same things he has done in the past or currently and expecting different results, that's insane! For example running it up the middle tonight, and expecting it to gain yards, when it just got stuffed over and over and was obviously never going to work. Dan does these things all the time with his coaching, and we aren't seeing any changes, so it's driving us all insane....we want to see Mullen adapt, evolve, and become a better coach, we are just so damn frustrated watching him not do so at the moment....

Banned
    vCash
    Who is going to come take over at a school with a smaller budget compared to other schools,
    You been stuck in Tron? We have a $100+ million dollar athletic budget.