Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mullen:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Mullen: "It's not like it's the end of the deal for us. I thought we played a half-way decent game. There are things we can take from this."
    does it seem like dan's more interested in creating an nfl qb than doing the things that win in division 1 football?

I think we are scared of the wrong thing. Dans not auditioning for georgia. He's attempting to disprove that he only produces non nfl qb's like tebow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If not this year, then when?

Dak, two draft picks at Wr, at least two draft picks on the DL, two LBs that will at least get a cup of coffee in the NFL, and a corner that will get drafted.

Going at best 5-3 in a year where you get to play the two worst teams from the East, and have Dak as your QB is depressing. It's basically telling me that this is our ceiling, a top 15-20 team.

Also, next year will be a rebuilding year.
    We were flawed though on the oline. I know that's dan's fault, but it's a flawed team nevertheless.

Until Saban leaves, winning the west will be difficult

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We were flawed though on the oline. I know that's dan's fault, but it's a flawed team nevertheless.

Until Saban leaves, winning the west will be difficult
    Impossible

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    does it seem like dan's more interested in creating an nfl qb than doing the things that win in division 1 football?

I think we are scared of the wrong thing. Dans not auditioning for georgia. He's attempting to disprove that he only produces non nfl qb's like tebow.
    Alex Smith and Cam Newton say hi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Alex Smith and Cam Newton say hi
    Cam newton was so impressed with mullen he chose a different coach. And alex smith is a successful nfl qb for what team?

Banned
    vCash
    Cam newton was so impressed with mullen he chose a different coach. And alex smith is a successful nfl qb for what team?
    Dan still gets to claim him. You gonna give the credit to the junior college coach for Blinn? Gene Chizik? Gus Malzahn? Alex Smith is the starting QB for the Kansas City Chiefs. He has had a successful NFL career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djaymsu5 View Post
    When you get to the redzone that many times and can't score a TD we don't deserve to win. His play calling against good teams is about as predictable as a wasp on speed. I'm sick of him coaching scared. What do we have to freaking lose? Yea 9-3 would be a good season but I am so sick and tired of us just bending over and taking it from bama.
    When we get in the red zone you can't immediately start getting dumbass penalties. Seems we did that every time tonight and in the game last season.

vCash
    He's probably still trying to figure out if he should run a QB draw on 3rd and 12...it's his bread and butter play.

vCash
    Dan still gets to claim him. You gonna give the credit to the junior college coach for Blinn? Gene Chizik? Gus Malzahn? Alex Smith is the starting QB for the Kansas City Chiefs. He has had a successful NFL career.
    No, alex smith isnt by any rational standards. Cam is good but nobody with a brain attributes his success to mullen. The sacks today were directly attributable to mullen's* lack of appreciation for his lines ability and his oppontents. Throwing the ball away would have been better than finding a 3rd route.

What dan is doing is forcing a round peg in a square hole. Our ol cannot support 3 checks vs the teams that matter. If he does this vs ark and om we will struggle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    No surprise, perfect example of old MSU.
    Old MSU is saying "aww shucks, let's just be thankful we goin to a bowl game this year!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Did I say that?

I would rather he call a bad outing a bad outing.
    If so you confirm my opinion of you. You have NO clue whatsoever about what it takes to win football games. You are as dumb as a post when it comes to a winning football program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Old MSU is saying "aww shucks, let's just be thankful we goin to a bowl game this year!"
    Actually old MSU is getting pissed and start bashing the coach and therefore making his job impossible. Then we fire him. THAT my friend has been MSU in my lifetime. We have never had a coach leave for a better job. We are our own worst enemy. This board is LOADED with old MSU every time we lose. Not so much when we win. I've heard you in every regime we have had since I have been alive. It's time for a change.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 11-14-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Actually old MSU is getting pissed and start bashing the coach and therefore making his job impossible. Then we fire him. THAT my friend has been MSU in my lifetime. We have never had a coach leave for a better job. We are our own worst enemy. This board is LOADED with old MSU every time we lose. Not so much when we win. I've heard you in every regime we have had since I have been alive. It's time for a change.
    Great. Here comes the thought police again.

vCash
    This is with his first recruiting classes....2017 will be the team that gets us to the sec lchampionship or Dan will have run his course

vCash
    Great. Here comes the thought police again.
    So presenting an opinion you don't like is thought police is it? I thought dissenting opinions were welcomed here. Perhaps those opinions are only welcome when they bash MSU and its current coaches?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boya View Post
    This is with his first recruiting classes....2017 will be the team that gets us to the sec lchampionship or Dan will have run his course
    Hopefully Saban is done by then. I do think we'll be good in '17. How good is yet to be determined

Banned
    vCash
    No, alex smith isnt by any rational standards.
    So rational standards don't include 10 year NFL careers with 61 wins to 54 losses. If you start for a decade and still have a winning record you can consider your career successful.

Banned
    vCash
    So presenting an opinion you don't like is thought police is it? I thought dissenting opinions were welcomed here. Perhaps those opinions are only welcome when they bash MSU and its current coaches?
    Good job you typed it just like you practiced 1,000 times in your head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If not this year, then when?

Dak, two draft picks at Wr, at least two draft picks on the DL, two LBs that will at least get a cup of coffee in the NFL, and a corner that will get drafted.

Going at best 5-3 in a year where you get to play the two worst teams from the East, and have Dak as your QB is depressing. It's basically telling me that this is our ceiling, a top 15-20 team.

Also, next year will be a rebuilding year.
    Slow down. The only for gone conclusions are Dak... And Jones. Bear said he will leave if projected high enough. Lbs?? Who is jumping to the NFL? Cb? Redmond ??? Maybe... But all of those positions are covered.

The only concern any of us should have is the OL.....

vCash
    Good job you typed it just like you practiced 1,000 times in your head.
    I have, over about 40 years. It's the same old same old. Why not try something different? What we have always done has never worked.