Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mullen:

vCash

Mullen:

Mullen: "It's not like it's the end of the deal for us. I thought we played a half-way decent game. There are things we can take from this."

vCash
    I'll probably get ripped for this, but I agree with him. We just aren't good enough to win the west. I said 9-3 to start the year and that's still attainable. It won't be easy; but if we finish 9-3, this was a very successful year IMO esp if we win the bowl

vCash
    I obviously have higher standards than Dan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'll probably get ripped for this, but I agree with him. We just aren't good enough to win the west. I said 9-3 to start the year and that's still attainable. It won't be easy; but if we finish 9-3, this was a very successful year IMO esp if we win the bowl
    The only problem is we haven't really made a step forward. Agree 9-3 isn't bad.

vCash
    I agree with Dan and you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I obviously have higher standards than Dan.
    Me too. And personally, I prefer our head coach to be somewhat pissed after a 31-6 loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The only problem is we haven't really made a step forward. Agree 9-3 isn't bad.
    The step forward was last year. This one is about not losing the piton we drove in last year. The climber will live and eventually progress provided the piton holds. so far it has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Me too. And personally, I prefer our head coach to be somewhat pissed after a 31-6 loss.
    No surprise, perfect example of old MSU.

vCash
    That doesn't do any good. We have to regroup and win these next 3 games for a heck of season.

vCash
    Would you rather he say we blew it and our season is shot? I think he knows his job is to get this behind us and be ready Saturday night

vCash
    He wasn't too happy at the half time interview. Maybe he was just happy we only lost the 2nd half by 7 points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The step forward was last year. This one is about not losing the piton we drove in last year. The climber will live and eventually progress provided the piton holds. so far it has.
    Agree we haven't lost ground.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    He wasn't too happy at the half time interview. Maybe he was just happy we only lost the 2nd half by 7 points.
    He had conceded the loss after those 3 long TDs.

vCash
    Would you rather he say we blew it and our season is shot? I think he knows his job is to get this behind us and be ready Saturday night
    Did I say that?

I would rather he call a bad outing a bad outing.

vCash
    When you get to the redzone that many times and can't score a TD we don't deserve to win. His play calling against good teams is about as predictable as a wasp on speed. I'm sick of him coaching scared. What do we have to freaking lose? Yea 9-3 would be a good season but I am so sick and tired of us just bending over and taking it from bama.

vCash
    1 did you see freeze throw his players under the bus..... sorry preacher ain't he....

1b-- I just want him to,act like freeze.

vCash
    What play would u have called that would have worked given the OL being horrible? What play,was going to work?..

vCash
    Did I say that?

I would rather he call a bad outing a bad outing.
    I know what you meant, but Mullen is trying to regroup. He has to sat something to the effect IMO to keep his team going

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What play would u have called that would have worked given the OL being horrible? What play,was going to work?..
    I think a roll out pass run option would have given us a chance anyway

vCash
    If not this year, then when?

Dak, two draft picks at Wr, at least two draft picks on the DL, two LBs that will at least get a cup of coffee in the NFL, and a corner that will get drafted.

Going at best 5-3 in a year where you get to play the two worst teams from the East, and have Dak as your QB is depressing. It's basically telling me that this is our ceiling, a top 15-20 team.

Also, next year will be a rebuilding year.