Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I need to beat my own dead horse?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    All wrong. No it's not. Please watch the game again. Play calling is killing us. Calling slow developing plays when Bama is bringing the heat doesn't work. Damn there are some dense ones on here. I'm watching this from field level. We are blocking but can't block for 4-6 seconds every play.
    Dan is an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    This is all that really needs to be said. O-line play is horrible and we have to get better talent there to win these games
    Amen, this is all about the shortcomings of OL and lack of protection. Dak did not have time for WRs to come open or else he also had his worst geme of career

vCash
    We gave up more sacks that any other team Saban has ever faced... With Dak at QB. Another way to say that is this: "we are the worst OL Saban has ever faced."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    We gave up more sacks that any other team Saban has ever faced... With Dak at QB. Another way to say that is this: "we are the worst OL Saban has ever faced."
    And they play GA Southern.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Let me get it straight. We are struggling with their rush so we continue calling slow developing pass plays. And that is somehow on the OL? Hmm. Dak had time to pump fake once or twice most of the times they got to him. (Please go back and watch. I was there). He and Dan have to know there will not be much time to throw and they have to call plays accordingly. But it's all the OLine's fault. Was it their fault for Shumps fumble and lack of running? Was it the OL's fault for horrific play calling when we got inside the 2 and then 5? Did they call the 3 straight low percentage shit passes? Did they run Dak up the gut Fournette/Les Miles Style when everyone else knew it was coming?

Right...............

You don't pass for 300 yards against Bama if your OLine sucks. Hell you don't even get 300 yards of offense against that bunch if your OL sucks. Once again the knee jerk renegades want to blame the OL when they were put in a position to fail based on the play called. Carry on and bash the OL if you must, but you carry an agenda thats easy to see.

vCash
    No doubt our O-line sucks but half of those sacks we're caused by Bama secondary, which I was told sucks. I lost count how many times Dak held the ball to long because our recievers couldn't get open. Same thing they do to our recievers every year.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Dude... 9 sacks ain't on Dak. We have not been able to run all year. And you think it's not the OL.
    393 yards and the 2nd most yards Bama has allowed all season, yet our OL somehow is the reason we lost. Great to know. Good thing most of the "OLsucks" crowd aren't in positions of influence.

vCash
    Let me get it straight. We are struggling with their rush so we continue calling slow developing pass plays. And that is somehow on the OL? Hmm. Dak had time to pump fake once or twice most of the times they got to him. (Please go back and watch. I was there). He and Dan have to know there will not be much time to throw and they have to call plays accordingly. But it's all the OLine's fault. Was it their fault for Shumps fumble and lack of running? Was it the OL's fault for horrific play calling when we got inside the 2 and then 5? Did they call the 3 straight low percentage shit passes? Did they run Dak up the gut Fournette/Les Miles Style when everyone else knew it was coming?

Right...............

You don't pass for 300 yards against Bama if your OLine sucks. Hell you don't even get 300 yards of offense against that bunch if your OL sucks. Once again the knee jerk renegades want to blame the OL when they were put in a position to fail based on the play called. Carry on and bash the OL if you must, but you carry an agenda thats easy to see.
    Right on..... Dak had a bad game. Sure, he made a few really good throws. But he got lost in the moment and began thinking too much. I could tell he got frustrated when Ragland hit him on one play, and Dak threw him off like he was a DB. He was trying to make the big play every play instead of playing his game.

vCash
    Sorry, don't give any excuses for Mullen to me. Yes, we likely lose anyway but HOW in the holy crap can you have 3rd and goal and 4th and goal against the best Defensive Line in the nation with our crappy run blocking line and all you can dial up is a Dak run between the tackles on both plays? Like that had a good chance to work. Hey Dan, ever heard of a roll out with the QB to give a run/pass option? Did we roll out Dak all day? I don't think so.

vCash
    393 yards and the 2nd most yards Bama has allowed all season, yet our OL somehow is the reason we lost. Great to know. Good thing most of the "OLsucks" crowd aren't in positions of influence.
    You may need to use some of the product that you founded. I'm not disagreeing that the play calling was good because it sucked ass, but the o-line play was worse.